All I Want Is You

...you're a star!

JACKSON’S POV

This was the one time I wished Lizzie and I didn’t maintain a policy of “just tell the truth”.

I was seconds away from being interviewed by E! Canada. I knew they would ask questions about the engagement, and I could probably successfully dodge those, but what about when they asked about those pictures on the beach?

“Just tell them. It’s kind of getting obvious.” Is what Lizzie had said that morning. It was getting obvious. Even wearing one of my t-shirts, I could still see the well defined bump. It was one of the most amazing things I had ever seen. I thought it was absolutely adorable how Lizzie rested her hands on her stomach whenever she wasn’t moving, or she was thinking. Or the way when she woke up in the morning her hands automatically went to her stomach and her face would be overtaken with a huge smile.

I took a deep breath. I man with dark sculpted hair and a huge smile on his face walked in.

“Hello Jackson, I’m Ben Mulroney.” He said, shaking my hand.

“Pleasure to meet you.” I answered automatically.

He sat in the chair opposite of me.

“We’re on in 5,4...”The the producer said, counting the rest down with his fingers.

“Hey I’m Ben Mulroney and this is an E Talk Canada exclusive! We have been bringing you interviews with the stars of the upcoming movie Eclipse all week, and today we have Jackson Rathbone who plays Jasper Hale in the film. Thank you for joining us Jackson.”

“No problem.” I answered.

After some standard questions about the movie he moved on to my personal life.

“Congratulations on the engagement. How did that feel, were you nervous?” he asked.

“Thanks. Yeah, I was pretty nervous. We were in Italy at the time and it just felt right. It was nerve racking because I asked her in front of all of our friends. I would have died if she had said no.”

“But she said yes. So how do you two balance your careers and travel?” he asked.

“Lizzie and I tend to travel together. She can do a lot of her designing while traveling, so it works out great. She’s doing the wardrobe for Eclipse, so we get to stay together.”

“And how does she get along with the rest of the cast? She and Ada Lang are quite close aren’t they?” He asked, a picture of Ada showing on the screen behind us.

“Yeah, they are really close, they do a lot of stuff together. Lizzie is really close with the whole class though. She’s really easy to get along with.” I chuckled.

“Now we have to get to the question on everyone’s mind. We all saw the beach pictures. Are you and Lizzie expecting?” He smiled, his eyes gleaming for the truth.

I swallowed and suddenly wished Lizzie was here. “Yes, we are expecting.” I answered nervously.

“Well, congratulations to the both of you! Are you ready for that?” he asked.

“Well, it wasn’t planned or anything, and I don’t think you can really prepare yourself when you find out you’re going to be a parent. But we’re both excited and looking forward to it.” I answered, not able to avoid the smile that crossed my face whenever I talked about Lizzie and the baby.

He continued with the interview, but soon closed it out with a “thank you for your time” and then the camera’s stopped. I was strangely relieved that it was out in the open. Maybe people would stop pestering us now.

JACKSON RATHBONE CONFIRMS FIANCEE’S PREGNANCY

E! Talk Canada got the exclusive. When asked about the now infamous beach pictures, Jackson never hesitated. He answered with a quick “Yes, we are expecting.” It was hard not to notice the huge smile on Rathbone’s face as he discussed the pregnancy and impending parenthood. The couple were seen later that day on the set of Eclipse between scenes, laughing with friends and co-star Ada Lang and Robert Pattinson.

“Jackson had his arms around Lizzie. They spent the whole break with each other. They were kissing and holding hands, and Jackson kept laying his hand on Lizzie’s stomach. They looked really happy.” Says a source from the set.

People.com/July 2009