All I Want Is You

Wanna wake up every morning to your sweet face.

In your arms I can still feel the way you
want me when you hold me
I can still hear the words you whispered
when you told me
I can stay right here forever in your arms
And there ain't no way--
I'm lettin' you go now
And there ain't no way--
and there ain't no how
I'll never see that day....
'Cause I'm keeping you
forever and for always
We will be together all of our days
Wanna wake up every
morning to your sweet face—always

Shania Twain/Forever and Always


“Lizzie.” Someone whispered.

It felt like it was way too early for someone to be waking me up.

“Lizzie.” They whispered again, their warm breath tickling my ear.

In my groggy state I recognized the voice. It was the most beautiful voice in the world, tinted with a southern twang. I struggled to blink away the sleep that clouded my eyes. I was exhausted. The past two days had been spent with our parents and friends, who had flown in from various places for the wedding. The wedding! The wedding was today!

My eyes shot open. Jackson was lying beside me, his green eyes shining, his lips just inches from my face.

“Good morning beautiful.” He whispered, softly kissing my cheek before shifting his body so he could reach my lips. He kissed me softly for what seemed like minutes.

Then someone knocked at the door. “I’ll get that.” He whispered, placing a soft kiss on my stomach. I stretched my arms above my head, watching him walk to the door.

I heard her before I seen her. “Get out, shoo! The boy’s are waiting on our room.” Ada said. For such a tiny girl, she sure could command a room.

Jackson came back to the bed, kissing me again, more forcibly this time. “Save it for tonight!” Ada shouted from the door. Jackson pulled away and smiled. “I’ll see you soon.” He said before walking past Ada and out the door.

I sat up in bed, pushing my hair out of my face. Ada was beaming from ear to ear.

“Get up sleepy head!” She said, skipping around the room. “Ashley is coming with the dresses in a few minutes. We have exactly 3 hours and 47 minutes until the wedding. You will worry about nothing! Everything is under control. I just get to make you look beautiful!” She said, dancing around in a little circle.

I sighed, pushing the covers back and heading for the bathroom. I shut the door behind me and took a long hot shower. I could still hear Ada talking excitedly from the room. I heard the door open and close a million times, and the chatter grew louder and louder. It sounded like the whole crew had arrived in my room in the space of 20 minutes. I shut of the water and took a deep breath, placing my hand on my stomach.

“It’s a big day for us Pip.” I whispered, pulling my robe on. “I love you.” I whispered.

When I opened the door I was bombarded.

My mother got to me first.

“Oh Lizzie!” She sighed, tears already forming in her eyes. “I can’t believe my baby’s getting married.” She cried, throwing her arms around my neck. I patted her on the back.

“Don’t cry Mom.” I said, scanning the faces behind her.

Nikki, Kirsten, Ashley, Ada, Emily, Melissa, Jackson’s mom, Elizabeth and various other friends of friends, crew members and cast.

“We only have 3 hours and 26 minutes now!” Ada said. “Clear out unless you’re here to help!” She said, her hands on her hips. Everyone left except Ashley, Ada, Nikki, Kristen, my Mom and my future mother in Law and sister in law.

I was pushed down into a comfy hotel chair, brought a plate of fruit and yogurt and told not to move.

This was going to be a long day.

JACKSON’S POV

I sighed nervously. Rob sat in a chair on his room, as I fumbled nervously with my tie again.

“Nervous?” he asked, stating the obvious.

I nodded. A knock came at the door. Rob got up and opened it. It was my sister, dressed in a blue patterned dress.

“Everything’s ready, time to go out guys.” She said.

I swallowed nervously and headed for the room we had rented for the wedding. It was decorated like a magazine picture. The reverand we had found to marry us was standing at the front of the room, surrounded by bouquets of flowers. I smiled warily at the family and friends that were already seated. Rob and I took our place at the front of the room. I could see camera’s going off already and looked down to see my mother, snapping away pictures like the paparazzi. I took a deep breath and watched as Nikki, Kirsten and Ashley came in, taking their places in the front row. Lizzie’s mother sat beside my parents. My sister took her place next to them. The room went silent as the familiar wedding music started to play.

Ada came out first, her pink dress swinging with her bouncy walk. She smiled brightly when she took her place across from us at the altar. The doors swung open again and everyone stood.

My breath caught in my throat when I saw her. He blue eyes sparkled as she held tightly on to her father’s arm. Her hair fell in perfect waves around her face. Her body was draped in an elegant strapless dress, the waist grazing over her stomach.

She looked up at me smiling nervously. They got to the stairs that led up to the make-shift altar. Rob stepped forward, helping Lizzie up the stairs. I could see she already had tears in her eyes when I stepped forward and took her hands in mine.

“Ladies and gentleman, we are gathered here today to witness the marriage of Munroe Jackson Rathbone the Fifth and Elizabeth Jillian Evans.” The reverend begun. I could feel Lizzie’s hands tighten around mine. I rubbed circles with my thumb into the back of her hand. The reverend continued, eventually asking Rob to step forward with the rings.

Of course he had just thrown them in his pocket, so he dug around in his black dress pants, eventually producing the two white gold bands.

“Do you, Elizabeth Jillian Evans, take thee, Munroe Jackson Rathbone, to be your wedded husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, as long as you both shall live?” He asked Lizzie.

“I do.” She whispered, nodding her head.

“Jackson, will you please place the ring on Elizabeth’s finger as a symbol of your love for each other.” He said, smiling at me.

I lifted Lizzie’s shaking and hand and slipped the ring onto her finger. Tears were streaming down her cheeks, and she reached up to wipe them away. I smiled at her, settling her hands back in mine.

“Do you, Munroe Jackson Rathbone , take thee, Elizabeth Jillian Evans, to be your wedded wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, as long as you both shall live?”

“I do.” I said, louder than I had expected. I heard some chuckled from the guests.

“Elizabeth, will you please place the ring on Jackson’s finger as a symbol of your love for each other.”

Lizzie gently lifted my finger, slipping the silver coloured band on my finger.

“By the power vested in my by the Province of Vancouver, I now pronounce you husband and wife. Jackson, you may kiss the bride.”

I stepped forward, not able to help the smile that spread across my face. Everyone around us was clapping, but at that moment, it was just me and Lizzie. I pressed my lips against hers and her hands wrapped around my neck. When we pulled apart, she was crying and smiling. I took her hand as we walked out of the room. At the door she turned to me and whispered.

“I love you. Forever.”

I smiled and squeezed her hand.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay!