All I Want Is You

Wikipedia never lies!

“You went on a date with WHO? Emily screamed at me over the phone.

“It wasn’t a date, Em. We just went out for coffee.”

“It was totally a date. You had a date with Jackson Rathbone!” She was squealing like a 12 year old fan girl.

“I take it you’re a fan...”

“Twilight was like the best book ever! I can’t wait to see the movie! Oh my god, maybe he’ll take you to the premiere.” Emily is very enthusiastic. And imaginative.

“Emily, we are just friends. Don’t pick out my wedding dress for god sakes.”

“This is so awesome! You should tell everyone.” She was very excited.

“Emily! You can’t tell people about this. There is nothing to tell them.” I was getting irritated.

“OK OK, whatever you say. I’ll talk to you tomorrow at school.”

“Ok, bye Em.” I hung up the phone and lay back on the couch.

I had called Emily when I got home. I had to tell someone, and Emily was the only real friend I had. But Emily was a little extreme, and had jumped to conclusions. If it was up to her, I would have picked names for my children by now.

I was pretty sure that all Jackson and I would ever be was just friends. I was sure I wanted any more than that. Jackson was certainly attractive, but he was a movie star! It would never be more than just friends, and I could totally deal with that.

But something at the back of my mind kept telling me to stop lying to myself. I would love to date him.

I let out a frustrated sigh. This is why I never went out with guys. My mind worked over time, and in an effort not to seem too eager, I usually pushed guys away. I just needed to let things take their course. If we were just friends, we would be, if we were more, well then we were.

I was confusing myself. I decided that going to bed would be a good idea. Maybe a sleep filled night would clear my head, and make me less, well, illogical. I pulled on a pair of shorts and a tank top, brushed my teeth and crawled in to bed. I set the alarm on my phone and rolled over, quickly falling into a dream filled sleep. It’s rather obvious who I dreamed about.

I woke up in the morning feeling like a thirteen year old. Twenty three year olds should not be getting crushes. Especially on movie stars. Especially on a movie star who picked me up off the sidewalk.
..................................................................................................................................................................................................
That evening, after classes and another hectic photo shoot, I was finally sitting at my desk sketching some new designs. This was probably my favourite thing to do. I loved when something just popped in to my head and I could put it on paper as an elegant evening gown or an obscure graphic tee.

I was completely lost in the intricate dress I was drawing. I carefully shaped the flowing skirt and the intricate bust, which I was picturing beaded, or maybe lacy. My pencil flew over the page, shading and shadowing the dress. My brow was furrowed and I was biting down on my tongue, a bad habit I had when I was concentrating.

My pencil slipped as I heard a knock at my door. I jumped up to get it.

“Jackson?” I said as I opened the door, taken by surprise.

“Hey. I know I said I would call, but I was in the area and I wanted to ask you if you wanted to go out Friday night.”

“Okay.” I laughed. “Where are we going?”

“Well, I neglected to tell you I’m in a band. I was wondering if you wanted to come watch a show, grab something to eat afterwards?”

“You’re in a band too? What else don’t I know?” I giggled. He was in a band, how dreamy. Oh shut up!

“I swear there isn’t anything else. I don’t have a secret wife and five kids and a boyfriend. This is all.” He smiled.

“Good to know.” I was laughing hysterically, which isn’t very elegant.

“So will you come?” He asked when I finally stopped.

“Of course. It sounds like fun!”

“I’ll pick you up at 7 on Friday.” He smiled.

“Awesome. I’m super excited!”

“Sorry to just drop by like this.” He said.

“It’s totally okay! I’ll see you on Friday, ok?”

“Yeah. Goodnight.” He said before turning the other way. I gently closed the door and ran to my laptop. What was the name of this band, what kind of music did they play?

I quickly typed in Jackson Rathbone. After skimming his Wikipedia page I saw the name. 100monkeys. I typed that into Google and then clicked on the Myspace link that came up. I spent the rest of my night listening to Jackson. I was in for a real treat Friday night.
♠ ♠ ♠
More!