All I Want Is You

What you waiting for?

“Oh my god! I missed you so much!” Ada squealed as we walked in to her apartment a week later. She and Rob had just got back from Vancouver. We all had a bit of a break ahead of us now. Rob was lounging on the sofa behind Ada, smiling when he heard us come in.

“Do you have the picture?” She asked, not skipping a beat.

“Yeah, just a minute!” I giggled, as Jackson helped me take of my sweater.

“Aw! Look at the bump! Rob, look!” She said, smiling and placing her hands on my stomach. I watched, smiling, as Rob got up from the sofa.

“Hey Rob! Come here.” I said, giving him a hug. He relaxed a bit then. He was literally petrified of anything baby related.

“How are you feeling? Is your back still hurting?” Ada asked, skipping into the living room.

“I’m good I guess. Pip is fluttering around in there a lot, and it’s hard for me to sleep.” I answered, sinking down on to the sofa.

“Oh! Pip’s moving! When can we feel it?” Ada asked. I glanced at Rob, whose eyes had widened in fear. I stifled a giggle.

“Not for another month or so.” I answered, catching the look of disappointment on Jackson’s face.

“Really? That long?” She asked.

“Yeah. I guess. We bought some books the other day. They make me scared.” I said, giggling nervously.

“Don’t be scared! We’ll all be there.” She said, patting my arm. Rob cleared his throat and Ada looked up. “Well, obviously Rob will be in the “This isn’t even my girlfriend and I’m still have a nervous breakdown,” section. But he’ll still be at the hospital.”

I snorted with laughter as Rob flushed with embarrassment and began an animated conversation with Jackson about a book he had read in the fifth grade.

“So, I was wondering if you wanted to come shopping with me soon. I need to get some bigger jeans and shirts and stuff. I’m not buying maternity clothes yet, just bigger sizes.” I asked Ada. It was a stupid question. Of course she would want to go shopping.

“Yes! Of course! We are you going to start buying baby stuff?” She asked.

“Oh, not for a while! We have nearly six months.” I said, rolling my eyes at her excitement.

“Can I see the picture now?” She asked, tapping her feet impatiently against the floor.

“Oh yeah!” I said, and got up to get my purse. I pulled out the envelope containing the sonogram pictures and handed one to Ada.

“Oh my gosh!” She said. “Look you can see hands and everything!”

“Yeah. It was amazing.” I said. I started pointing out things to Ada, like the nose and the eyes.

“This is so cool. Look!” She said, walking to where Rob was sitting. He took the picture out of her hands and squinted his eyes.

“It looks bumpy. It is going to be bumpy?” he asked, completely serious.

I couldn’t help but laugh. “No, Pip is not going to be bumpy. It’s a 3D picture of one of my internal organs, what can you expect?”

“Oh, we have something to tell you!” Ada said, a sly grin on her face.

“Are you pregnant?” I asked. I knew she wasn’t, I just wanted to see Rob’s reaction.

His face turned pale, paler then the makeup artists on the set of Eclipse had ever thought of making him.

“No, no, no, no!” He said quickly. “We’re moving in together.”

“Really? That’s so great you guys!” I said, giving Ada a hug.

“That’s awesome!” Jackson said

“Yeah. Rob is going to move in here, since it’s a little bigger. I mean, he stays here all the time anyways, so we figured why not?” Ada said.

We spent the rest of the afternoon talking about moving plans and a shopping trip.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for all the amazingly wonderful comments. You are all really great readers!! Yay!