All I Want Is You

She's got a baby inside.

I was 24 weeks pregnant. Six months. It was the second of November. I was sitting in the car, on the way to Rob and Ada’s for our baby shower. Everyone was coming, it wasn’t one of those girls only events. It was more like a huge party, minus the alcohol and add some baby gifts. This was the only time everyone could get together before the promotional blitz of New Moon started. There would then be some time in between the baby’s birth in early March and promotion for Eclipse. Then, Breaking Dawn would start filming in the summer of 2010.

“You okay?” Jackson asked as I shifted in the seat.

“I’m fine, Pip’s just busy today.” I said. If Pip was a gymnast or a soccer player, they would miss a good chance. Sometimes, if Jackson held his hand on my stomach for a long time, he could feel a faint flutter, but nothing else. Soon, but not yet.

He smiled, that huge smile that he used when we talked about Pip. His eyes would crinkle at the edges and his dimples would show on his cheeks. Pip, we had decided, was not a suitable name for after the baby was born.

So we had picked a boy name and a girl name. But we didn’t tell anyone what they were. Not even our parents. We would tell them when the baby was born.

After the promotion for New Moon and the premiere, we would start on the nursery. Rob had, surprisingly, volunteered to help. I was getting the feeling he felt like he should be doing something more that telling me my baby was bumpy or cringing in fear every time Ada mentioned how cute a little t-shirt or sleeper I had bought was. Ada finally had him convinced that she didn’t want children either. I promised her she could borrow Pip if she got a craving.

“Oh no!” I sighed as we pulled up in front of the apartment. It was decorated with green and yellow balloons and about 50 cars, only a few of which I recognized, were parked along the street.

Jackson just smirked and parked the car in the one empty space near the door. Clearly, Ada had commanded the party-goers not to park there. He got out of the car and came to help me out of my side.

I handed him my bag, and took his hands as he pulled me up from the seat. The apartment door was already opening when we got there, and I could hear the chatter of conversation flow from the room.

“Yay! You’re here!” Ada yelled, throwing her arms around my neck. When I walked in the room I was bombarded by our friends. Kellan, Ashley, Nikki, Kristen and her boyfriend, Peter and his wife, and countless other people were scattered around the room.

“Wow, this is crazy!” I said as I walked further into the decorated room. Ada had once again outdone herself. I looked up to see Rob dragging a huge box, wrapped in teddy bear patterned wrapping paper, down the hall. When he saw us, he looked up and grinned.

“Hey guys! This box here, is nothing important. Just ignore the out of breath British guy with the huge teddy bear box.” He said, and then winked at Ada. She rolled her eyes and looked back to me and Jackson.

“He’s really coming around.” She giggled, then took us by the hand and dragged us over to the sofa, where she ordered us both to sit.

The sofa was immediately surrounded by our friends, who were hugging us and snapping pictures. My eyes teared up, just thinking about how much Pip was loved already, not just by Jackson and I, but by all of our friends and family.

After eating some snacks and talking, and after Ada trying unsuccessfully to get Jackson and I to tell her the names we picked out, she announced that we would open presents.

“Okay, Kellan and I bought you one together!” Ashley said, as Kellan pulled another big box into the room.

“You guys, we said nothing big!” I moaned. I really didn’t want our friends to spend so much money on us.

“Oh, stop it. None of us are going to have kids for years. Let us have some fun!” Kristen said, sitting on the sofa arm beside me.

Kellan dragged the box over to Jackson and I, the sat on the floor across from us, watching me pull the wrapping paper off the box.

When I finished pulling off the wrapping paper, I realized they had bought us a stroller. Not just any stroller though, an Orbit stroller. It was like the BMW of strollers.

http://images.smarter.com/blogs/Orbit Infant Stroller System.jpg

“The goy at the store said it was really good.” Kellan said, probably because I was just staring at the box.

“Thanks you guys.” Jackson said, rubbing my back with his hand.

“Thank you so much.” I said, wiping a tear from my face. “I’m such a sap.” I sniffed. Kellan and Ashley gave me hug before Kristen and Mike handed us a bag.

“The real present is in the card.” Kristen said, smirking as I pulled the tissue paper out of the bag. I pulled out to maternity shirts and immediately burst out laughing.

The first read “Jasper Makes Me Happy” and the second had an arrow pointing down and said “Half Vampire.”

http://www.polyvore.com/shirts/set?id=7576013

“Aw! These are awesome!” I giggled holding the shirts to my stomach. They also gave us a gift certificate for Babies R Us.

After opening countless more gifts, ranging from bouncy chairs and clothes to money and diapers, we made it to the huge box Rob had dragged out of the hall earlier.

“Now, I saw you eyeing this at the store. And don’t tell us it was too expensive.” Ada said, sitting beside Rob.

“Oh no.” I said. But I was smiling. Even Rob was smiling, waiting for me to open the gift. I pulled off the wrapping paper eagerly, with a little help from a chuckling Jackson.

“Oh my god!” I screamed. “The Ninna Nanna bassinet!”

http://www.coochicoos.com/images/monte_bassinet.jpg

Ada laughed. “Yeah. Just came this morning.” She said.

“It was very hard to wrap.” Rob added.

“This is amazing! Jackson, Halle Berry has this bassinet!” I said excitedly. My hands were shaking. He smiled and gave me a kiss on my cheek.

The bassinet marked the end of the presents, so I decided to say a few words. Also, Jackson and I had something to announce.

“We would like to say a few words.” Jackson said, clearing his throat.

“First of all, thank you for all the wonderful gifts. Pip will be a very happy baby. Thank you all for coming and thank you for being so supportive of us.” Jackson said.

“And of course, thank you to Rob and Ada, who have been with us from the very beginning. You guys are really great. Now, we have something important to say. We love you all very much, so this was a hard decision, but we couldn’t think of two better people for the job. We have chosen Pip’s future godparents.” I said, smiling at our friends.

“Of course, the choice for godmother is quite obvious.” Jackson said.

“Ada, we would like you to be Pip’s godmother.” He added. I heard Ada gasp and then squeal with joy like a little kid at Christmas.

She ran over to us, hugging us both, all the while saying “thank you, thank you.”

“But our choice for godfather might confuse you all. But we think this person is just what Pip will need. Someone who Pip can trust, and wonderful man to look up too.” I said.

I took a deep breath. “Rob,” I said, looking at him, “we would love for you to be Pip’s godfather.”

“What?” He said, blinking and shaking his head. “Are you serious?”

“Completely.” Jackson said, his arm draped over my shoulder. “Will you do it?”

A smile broke across Rob’s face and his cheeks flushed with embarrassment. For a minute, I wondered if he would say yes, but then he slowly spoke.

“I would be honoured.” He said, crossing the room to give me a hug.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for the comments.