All I Want Is You

La Bella Vita

I was crying like a baby, no pun intended. I was shaking, I was begging him not to go, and everyone in the airport was staring at us.

“B-b-but I need you.” I sobbed into Jackson’s chest.

“I’ll be back in two weeks. Emily is staying with you. You need to calm down, this isn’t good for Pip.” He said, rubbing my back.

He was going on a promotional tour for New Moon. I knew I wouldn’t be able to keep up, and Doctor Robin had recommended I stay home, so I was. But that didn’t mean I was happy about it.

I pulled away from his chest, sniffing loudly and putting my sunglasses on my face. “Promise you’ll call every day.” I begged, trying to stand on my tip toes for a kiss. He laughed and bent down, kissing me softly.

“I promise.” He said. In the middle of the airport he pressed his lips against my stomach, through the fabric of my shirt. “Love you Pip.” He said. “Be good for Mom.” He added, smiling.

“Flight 133 to London, now boarding.” A lady said over the intercom.

“I have to go.” He said, kissing me again. “I love you.”

“I love you too.” I sniffed, hugging him again.

He turned away, and I thought I could see his eyes shining with tears. I took a deep breath to calm myself and headed back to the car, where Emily was waiting. I was looking forward to spending some time with her. She was practically running the design studio for me. I was so grateful to have her.

“Are you okay?” She asked as I got in the car.

“I will be in two weeks.” I answered, breaking down in tears again.

...........

2 MONTHS LATER
JACKSON’S POV


“Okay guys. Here’s the game plan. Rob, you’re putting the crib together. Kristen is on painting duty, Ashley is organizing the closet. Kellan is putting down the floor. The lady I hired to do the mural and the interior designer are coming at lunch. Emily and Ada think they can keep Lizzie out until three.” I hollered over the chattered that filled our now empty spare room.

I had somehow managed to convince Lizzie to leave the house, although she was in full on nesting mode. I had never seen the apartment look so clean. She actually vacuumed the spot that Dean slept on after he got up.

“I don’t know if I can put a crib together. Well, a safe one anyways.” Rob said, looking at the box that sat against the wall.

“You can do it.” Kristen said, already pouring the blue paint in the paint tray.

“Is that color too girly?” I asked.

“No Jackson. It’s very gender neutral.” Ashley said from the closet, where she was folding tiny sleepers and lining up little shoes.

I was a nervous wreck. We had about a month and a half until the baby came. Christmas had passed, and it was late January. Lizzie was joyful most of the time, and Pip was still as active as ever.

I wasn’t nervous about the baby. I was nervous about the nursery. I hoped Lizzie didn’t mind that we took charge and decorated. I had watched a home decorating show with her one day, and she saw an African/Nature themed nursery she had loved. I had called an interior designer the next day, and went to the store while Lizzie was at the design studio to order the things I would need.

Now here we were, crammed in the spare room, all with our own separate duties, trying to put together the perfect nursery.

......

Five hours and a lot of yelling and cursing later, we all stood in the nursery, admiring how perfect it had turned out. Ashley had come up with the idea of us all taking pictures of ourselves, covered in paint, standing in a group, for Pip to have when he or she got older. I liked the idea. I wanted this baby to know how much they were loved.

My phone vibrated and I looked down to see I had a text from Ada. She said they were about to park the car.

“She’s back!” I stage whispered. “Everyone be very quiet!” I said before leaving the room and shutting the door.

I took a deep breath and walked to the door to greet Lizzie.

[b[LIZZIE’S POV

I was exhausted. I had spent the afternoon shopping with Ada and Emily. I was so happy to be home. Ada helped me gather my bags to carry them into the apartment. As we approached the door, Jackson opened it. He took the bags from our hands and set them inside the door.

“I missed you.” He said, leaning down for a kiss. “I have something to show you.” He added, taking my hand.

“Like what?” I asked suspiciously.

“You’ll see.” He said, winking at Ada who followed us down the hall.

He led me down the hall, to the closed door of the spare room. He tapped lightly on it with his knuckles. I looked at him curiously. He smirked and opened the door.

“Surprise!”

I gasped in shock. I was staring at the most beautiful, perfect, amazing nursery I had ever seen in my life. I had tears rolling down my cheeks as I realized who was standing in the room. All of our friends, covered in paint splatters and wood dust, stared back at me, smiling.

Image

“Did you do all this?” I whispered into the room.

“Mostly.” Kellan said.

“This is amazing.” I said, stepping further into the room. I ran my hands over the crib. I traced my hands along the painted tree on the wall. I smiled at the elephant statues.

But the most amazing part was hanging on the wall. Framed photos of our friends covered in paint, smiling and laughing, hung on the wall.

More tears ran down my cheeks as I glanced at the pictures. A picture of Rob with a drill in his hand and a pile of wood beside him, which I was guessing had turned into the crib, a picture of Kellan, smiling as he laid down the hardwood floor, Ashley holding up a little onesie in front of the closet, Kristen holding a paintbrush, blue paint smeared on her face.

“Do you like it?” Ada asked.

“I love it!” I whispered.

“I told you.” Rob said quietly.

“Can I have hugs?” I said meekly. I was engulfed by my friends. Kristen, Kellan, Ashley and lastly Rob.

“Thank you.” I said as I hugged him. “This is wonderful!” He seemed slightly less uncomfortable with the fact that my stomach was pushed up against him. He was the only person who hadn’t felt Pip move. Pip knew that, and decided that should change. Pip gave the most powerful kick I had ever experienced.

“Holy shit!” Rob shouted. “Was that...?”

“That was Pip. Pip was upset with Uncle Rob.” I laughed.

“Woah.” He said.

I laughed, enjoying the look on his face. I turned to Jackson and laughed again.

“Well, I guess it’s just a waiting game now.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for the comments.