All I Want Is You

Just hold on.

TWILIGHT STAR AND WIFE WELCOME BABY GIRL, CHLOE ADELINE

Twilight star Jackson Rathbone and wife Elizabeth, a clothing designer, welcomed a baby girl, Chloe Adeline late this afternoon. A rep for the couple said both mother and baby are doing well and are expected to go home tomorrow.

The pair wed in July of 2009. Rumoured godparents are Twilight co-stars and close friends Ada Lang and Robert Pattinson.

…………………….

“Isn’t she just perfect?” I heard my mother whisper over the baby monitor.

“Perfect.” Jackson’s mother confirmed.

They thought I was sleeping, but I rarely slept. I didn’t feel like myself and I couldn’t decide if that was a good or bad thing. To top that off, Chloe had colic, which made her cry for no reason at the drop of a hat. I felt so guilty that I couldn’t comfort her. All I could do was hold her and wait for it to pass.

Our parents had flown in a week after Chloe was born. Of course everyone was smitten with her. Who couldn’t be, she was adorable. But somehow I was left feeling inadequate. I was hoping it was just sleep deprivation, and that the fear and despair that hung over me would go away after a few nights rest.

“She doesn’t look a thing like Lizzie.” My mother whispered, her voice cracking over the monitor.

“She looks just like Jackson.” His mother said.

It was true. She had dark hair, and her eyes were already picking up a hint of green. If I hadn’t gave birth to her, I would have thought he had just pulled her out of thin air.

I had thought of mentioning to someone how down I felt, but I decided against it. I was suppose to be happy, wasn’t I? I didn’t want any of my friends or family thinking I didn’t love Chloe. I loved her more than anything. But something constantly told me I wasn’t doing well enough.

“I don’t want to leave her.” My mother added. They were flying out that afternoon. Then it would just be Jackson and I taking care of Chloe. Not that Jackson wasn’t amazing at it.

He changed diapers and bathed her, he brought her to me when she needed fed.
Sometimes, when everyone thought I needed sleep, he would take her into another room. When he thought I was sleeping, I would hear him softly singing to her. It brought tears to my eyes. I was so lucky, so why did I feel so…Depressed?

Just then I heard the beginnings of Chloe’s already familiar cry. It became increasing louder and I could hear her grandmother’s shuffling around the room.

“Do you need your Mama?” I heard Jackson’s mother say. Then I heard the footsteps coming up the hall. I sat up in bed, my arms ready to receive Chloe, my nerves already building, the way the did whenever I held her.

I wished Jackson were here, but he was out getting diapers.

“Lizzie.” My mother said, as softly as she could without being lost in Chloe’s cries.

“I’m awake.” I said, trying to sound happier than I really was.

“There’s Mama.” Jackson’s mother said, handing me a still wailing Chloe. They just stood there, waiting for me to do something. But I didn’t know what to do, and it killed me. I brought her to my chest gently swaying her tiny body. There was a lull in her cries, apparently satisfying the watchful grandmothers.

When the door shut behind them, I let the tears run freely down my cheeks. Something was wrong with me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait!