All I Want Is You

I'll wrap you in my arms.

I couldn’t believe that Chloe was six months old already. I couldn’t believe that everything could be as perfect as it was right now, after everything we had been through. I had finished therapy last week, and I finally felt like myself again. Breaking Dawn had been filmed, and luckily I had been well enough for Chloe and I to travel to Vancouver with him.

Chloe giggled happily as I a tiny pink sweater over her head. Tonight was Ada’s birthday dinner. I was still in a towel, my hair falling in wet waves around my shoulders, and Jackson was in the shower.

This is how we got ready for anything now, because someone had to get the baby ready.

I tickled Chloe’s tummy and she giggled again. It was the most musical and beautiful sound I had ever heard.

“What’s so funny?” I asked her, which just made her giggle again.

Jackson came out of the shower than and kissed me on the cheek before taking over Chloe duty so I could get ready. I could hear Chloe giggling from the bathroom. She was such a Daddy’s girl.

I pulled my hair into a loose bun and listen to Jackson talk to Chloe as he changed her and finished dressing her. I pulled on a simple black dress that I had hung in the bathroom and stepped back into the room. Chloe was dragging herself across the floor towards me. This was her version of crawling. Rob called it the “worm”.

Jackson was buttoning his shirt. I grabbed Chloe and took her to the kitchen, where her car seat sat ready and waiting on the counter.

I was just strapping her in when Jackson came out of the bedroom. He smiled at both of us.

“Are my girls ready?” he asked, picking up Chloe’s car seat. She cooed softly, her bright green eyes focused intently on her Daddy.

“I think so!” I said, grabbing my bag and heading out the door to the restaurant.

........

Rob and Ada were already at the restaurant, of course. We were never on time for anything now that we had Chloe. Jackson had Chloe in his arms, her tiny head bobbing around, no doubt scanning for her two favourite faces. Her eyes lit up when she seen Rob.

“Hello wiggly worm!” he said, greeting Chloe with a kiss on the forehead. She extended her pudgy arms for him and he took her in his arms. He had her giggling in seconds. We sat at the table and Rob passed Chloe to me. We ordered our meal and chatted about premieres and babies and new movie roles.

As we finished our meal Rob cleared his throat nervously.

“So this isn’t going to be fancy, because I’m not so good with words.” He said, running his hand through his hair.

Ada eyed him curiously. I looked at Jackson, who shrugged his shoulders and then turned back to Rob.

Then, in the blink of an eye, Rob was down on one knee, in the middle of the restaurant. Ada gasped, and Jackson and I looked at each other with shock. We were not expecting this.

“We’ve been together for over a year. I love you, I will never love anyone more than I love you, ever.” He paused, pulling a black ring box out of his pocket.

“Ada, will you marry me?”

Tears were streaming down Ada’s face. She nodded her head, a smiling plastered across her face.

The customers at the restaurant burst out in applause and Rob blushed nervously. He and Ada both stood up, sharing a sweet kiss in front of the whole restaurant.

I smiled happily at my friends. I wished them all the happiness I had right now.
♠ ♠ ♠
next one is the end!!