All I Want Is You

The end.

EIGHTEEN MONTHS LATER

“I’m getting married!” Ada stage whispered, doing a little dance in her heels. She was smiling from ear to ear.

“You are!” I laughed, fixing a bit of her hair.

Ada laughed again, this time at Chloe. It was a beautiful summer day, and Chloe had turned one in March. She was walking now, and trying to talk. So far, her vocabulary included her special names for everyone, like “Mama”, “Duda” (Jackson), “Nana”, “Una Wob” (Uncle Rob), “Ew Da” (Ada), “Lee” (Ashley) and “Keb” (Kellan). She knew a lot of other words for everyday things.

“Oh pwetty!” Chloe giggled, rubbing the shiny fabric on Ada’s dress.

Chloe’s white dress was simply adorable. She was the “fowo gur”. She clutched her tiny bouquet. It was nearly time for us to walk out.

“You look beautiful Ada.” Rob’s mom said. She had tears in her eyes.

“Don’t cry Clare!” Ada said, hugging her.

“I just never thought we’d see the day!” She chuckled.

Jackson stuck his head in the door, smiling at the scene playing out in front of him.

“Ready when you are.” He said.

“Duda!” Chloe giggled.

“Ready Clo?” I asked her. She had to walk out first. She nodded, furrowing her tiny brow. Jackson chuckled and disappeared, no doubt taking his place by Rob at the altar.

I gave Ada a quick hug before sending Chloe out. We giggled, watching her wobble down the long aisle. Rob was all smiles, and Chloe ran to him instead of Jackson. They pointed down the aisle, probably telling Chloe that her “mama” was next.

I walked slowly down the aisle, reminiscing about my own walk down the aisle. That was one of the happiest days of my life, and I was so happy that my best friend got to experience that same happiness. I scoop Chloe up in my arms when I reached the altar.

“Here comes Ada!” I whispered to her. She clapped her chubby little hands together and watched as Ada came down the aisle. She looked stunning, absolutely perfect.

Rob was smiling nervously, but he took Ada’s hand in his when she reached the place where he stood. I held Chloe tightly, fighting back tears, as I watched the most beautiful wedding play out in front of me.

When it was over, we said our goodbyes and congratulations to our friends. There was no reception. We had hosted a dinner the night before. I watched them drive away to the airport, for their honeymoon in Greece.

Chloe decided to she wanted to stay with Jackson’s parents at their hotel. After dropping her off and kissing her goodnight, Jackson and I headed back to our house. Yes, our house. We had bought it after Chloe’s birthday, knowing she would need more space than our tiny apartment had.

And it had extra rooms, just in case.

“That was beautiful.” I said as I sat on the edge of our bed, pulling off my gold heels.

“It was, I’m so happy for them.” Jackson added.

“I can’t believe how much everything has changed.” I chuckled, looking at the picture on the bedside table. Jackson held a giggling Chloe, and I had my head rested on his shoulder.

He sat beside, kissing my cheek.

“I never would have believed a stranger I met on the street would be my husband.” I giggled, leaning my head against him.

“I love you.” He whispered.

“I love you too. You mean everything to me.” I breathed, running my hand along his arm.

“I never thought I could be this happy.” He said. “But as long as I have you, and Chloe, I don’t need anything else.”

He paused, playing with a strand of my hair.

“All I need is you.” He whispered. “All I want is you.

THE END...
♠ ♠ ♠
thank you all so much for your amazing comments, support and suggestions. You know who you are, and I appreciate each and everyone of you. This is the end, and I hope it lives up to your expectations. I never thought of myself as a great writer, so all the comments you send me mean that much more to me. I love you all. xxoo Charley