Sequel: I Am Here

By Your Side

Chapter 50

When Tom came over to my place with one of his dumb, man movies in hand asking how a movie date sounded, I thought he was joking. I had actually laughed at him first, but then agreed because I couldn’t pass up a mini date with him. Although, his choice of movie didn’t interest me in the slightest bit so I made him pick out a different one.

“How about we watch…” he started while he was rummaging through my DVD collection trying to find a good one.

“Don’t even think about it,” I warned when I saw his hand stop on American Pie.

“But!” He tried arguing.”

“Tom, that movie is so dumb. It’s basically all about se—“

He smirked and I couldn’t help but laugh. Of course that’s why he wanted to watch it.

“Fine.” He fake pouted and then decided on a Freddy Krueger movie instead since it was almost dark and he thought it would be “perfect”.

“Yeah, perfect for me to jump at and you laugh at me,” I mumbled as I threw the popcorn into the microwave while Tom chuckled.

Halfway through the movie, Tom and I both started getting bored. It wasn’t even scary and the whole thing was really cheesy.

I never thought that this movie date would turn into a massive popcorn throwing, tickle fight, though.

“Okay, okay I give!” I squealed when Tom pinned me down and started tickling my neck.

“I always win, babe,” he whispered seductively in my ear.

“Shut up, liar,” I teased and pushed him playfully.

He laughed but quickly got off and sat up with a sigh.

I propped myself onto my elbows. “What’s wrong?” I asked, becoming concerned.

“I need to talk to you,” he said. All the playfulness in his voice gone. He let out another sigh and I could tell he was going to say something I didn’t want to hear.

“Don’t tell me something that’s going to make me hate you.” I teased but then became serious when I saw the look on his face.

“…We’re leaving in two days.” He didn’t even make eye contact with me.

“You’re joking, right?” I couldn’t believe what I just heard.

He shook his head no and I became upset. “What the fuck, Tom?!” I shook my head and stood up. “I can’t deal with this right now. It’s not fair…” I began walking to the door when he grabbed my wrist.

“Please stop. I’m sorry.”

“Yeah, well, me too. You know I just started falling for you again and now you’re leaving me? Why did you decide to tell me this now?”

He stood there in silence for a moment, still not making eye contact.

“Look at me, please.”

“I… I just wanted to tell you now so we could spend time together before I left. I didn’t think it would hurt and upset you this much. You knew we were just on vacation.”

“Then why, Tom?! Why did you let me get close to you again?” I didn’t bother holding back tears.

“Honestly I didn’t think we would.” He shrugged.

“So that’s it, huh?” Anger was rushing through me. “I turned out to be your fuck buddy while you were on vacation. Shows how much I meant to you. Thanks, Tom.”

“No, that came out wrong. It’s not like—“

I slammed the door behind me and stormed down the hall. Tears of frustration, sadness and anger now flowing freely. I didn’t even wipe them away. It was no use anyway.

I should’ve known he was the same little player that he was famous for. He made me believe he wasn’t like that, and I fell for it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's a bit short. I've been really busy and I just got back from vacation.

Hope you guys like it anyway.
Who knew Tom could be so cold, eh?

Anyway, only one more chapter left and then it's all over... and then I'll have a little surprise for all of you that have stuck with me this long. :)

Thank you so, so much to everyone! You have no idea how much I appreciate it. <33