Sequel: I Am Here

By Your Side

Chapter 51

Tom’s POV.

“No, it’s not like—“

She slammed the door in my face before I could explain, leaving me standing in her place alone.

“God damn it!” I shouted. I was so frustrated! Why couldn’t this shit be easy like when we were younger? No wonder I wasn’t any good at this dating crap. One night stands were so much easier. Sex for one night and no drama afterwards; it couldn’t be any easier than that.

My brain had me thinking that one night stands were the best option for me. However, my heart knew that I couldn’t just have a one night stand with Anna. Not in a million years would I be able to leave her like that.

I shook my head at myself. I had just done exactly what I said I would never do. I treated her like all the other girls I had been with. What the fuck was I thinking? She and I had so much more than that. We had a connection and a past and I had just told her I was leaving like it was nothing.

I sighed angrily. I needed to call Bill for advice.

I wouldn’t admit it out loud, but I needed his help before I lost her for good.

Anna’s POV.

I stormed down the hall not even looking back at the room I just left Tom in. I was so infuriated. Acting like him leaving was no big deal… who the hell does that!?

Ever since I met Tom, I believed that I was truly in love with him. Even way back then when I was a little girl I could feel it in my heart. But lately it was like he was trying to prove my heart wrong. Like I was just another girl he met off the side of the road when he needed a good fuck.

I didn’t want to believe my heart was lying to me about how I felt. Even after all that happened, my feelings for him hadn’t changed. My brain continuously told me I was stupid for ever falling for him again but I couldn’t help it. It’s hard to say no to something your heart wants. Hell, needs. As much as I hated to admit it at the moment, I felt lost without Tom. He had the other half of my heart and, sadly, nothing could change that.

I just hoped that my brain would listen to my heart long enough to forgive Tom before he was out of my life completely… again.

Tom’s POV.

“Bill, I fucked up and I don’t know what to do now.” I frowned at my phone. I never expected to be talking to my little brother about relationship problems. I liked dealing with things on my own. But, sadly, I was afraid I fucked up too badly to fix things up with Anna now. I hoped to god I wasn’t too late.

“What did you do?” Even over the phone I knew Bill was wide- eyed, concerned and thinking the worst.

Before his imagination went into over drive and he started thinking I killed someone or something, I told him all about what happened with Anna.

“We were having a great time and then… then I told her we were leaving.”

“Just like that?” From the tone of his voice I could tell he was shaking his head at me.

“Yeah…” I went into more detail about the night. He didn’t answer for a long time, though. “Bill?”

“So you just flat out told her we were leaving?” I heard him sigh and I instantly felt stupid. I hated when he used that tone with me. “Why didn’t you just break it to her easily instead of acting like an ass about it?”

I knew he was still shaking his head at me. “Well, I was hoping that by acting like it didn’t bother me that much, she wouldn’t be so hurt…”

“You’re an idiot, Tom. Go find her and say goodbye—the right way. And then get back here and pack. We don’t have much time left…”

“Alright. Thanks, bye.” I kept it short then hung up.

After throwing my phone down onto the couch, I flopped down on it myself. I groaned because he was right. I had to go and find her and apologize.

’Hopefully she’ll be back soon,’ I thought. Since she left me in her apartment, I figured she’d come and I could, in the words of Bill, say goodbye the right way.

Anna’s POV.

When I had finally calmed down enough and started thinking clearly, I decided to go back to my apartment. In my little outburst, I had forgotten that I left him all alone. Not that I cared that he was alone at the time, I just didn’t want him alone in my place anymore.

“Listen, Tom. You had no right to just— Oof.” I stormed into the living room only to crash into Tom’s chest during my rant.

He laughed quickly then stopped when he saw the look on my face.

“I know and I’m sorry. I really am, Anna.”

I stared into his eyes and knew he was telling the truth. It was almost impossible for me not to tell when we were having our “serious” talks.

“I just… I don’t understand, Tom.”

“I’m sorry for just telling you like that. It was an asshole thing for me to do.”

“You think?” I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms over my chest.

He pulled my arms apart and forced me to look at him. “It’s hard to apologize when you won’t let me.”

I sighed and waited for him to continue.

“I figured that if I made it seem like no big deal you wouldn’t be so hurt.” He put a finger on my lips so I couldn’t tell him off. “I know that was stupid. Trust me, I know. I’m not really good at this whole goodbye stuff so please let me try again?”

Damn those gorgeous brown puppy dog eyes.

“When do you leave?”

“Tuesday. After this, I’m going to the hotel with Bill to pack.”

“Okay, then let me at least go to the airport with you to say goodbye to the both of you? I think we’re both exhausted right now and it’ll be best to sleep on everything and see each other then.”

He nodded once then put his arms around me into a huge hug.

“I’ll call you when we’re heading to the airport.”

“Alright,” I whispered then pulled him down to kiss him. If was kicking him out, I was definitely getting a little something to remember him by.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, kids. Sorry it's been so long. School's started for me and I've been pretty busy.

However, like I said in my last author's note, BYS has come to an end. That's right, this is the LAST chapter.
Buuuut, you didn't think I'd leave you with this as the end, did you?
I'm not that evil. ;)

Anyway, also as promised, here's your little surprise!
Hope you guys like it.

Thanks to all commenters, readers and subscribers!
<33