‹ Prequel: Come one come all

You're Just In Time

Onze

Louisa’s P.O.V

I got off the phone with Alex after trying to calm him down and make him see he shouldn’t feel guilty for leaving me and Logan.

“What’s the matter?” Pete asked and gave me a hug upon seeing I looked a little distressed.

“It’s Alex, he’s so upset he’s missing out on Logan’s life, I’ve only heard more upset once and that’s after Elle,” I spoke slowly trying to figure out what I could do to help my future husband.

“That’s why when Bronx was born he took me and him with us on tour so he could be there for us.” Ashlee sat on the other side of Pete looking genuinely sympathetic.

“Plus the nanny helped, why didn’t you go with him?” Pete mused.

“I didn’t want to expose a small baby to that, when I was pregnant we were both against the idea of having a nanny, we know you guys have one and there’s nothing wrong with that we just wanted to do it on our own you know. When Alex went on tour for the first time he was only three months old and I couldn’t expose him to life on the road.” I sighed and took a big mouthful from my coffee.

Jack’s P.O.V

I walked on to the bus a load of candy in my hand, just because I was in my twenties didn’t mean I still wasn’t young at heart, that was who I am. I saw Alex sitting on the sofa staring in to space.

“Earth to Alex,” I shouted throwing all the sweet treats on to the counter, his head rose slowly as he turned to face me.

“Hey man.” He sounded really solemn.

“Is something wrong?”

“I need a break.”

“Well we have a few weeks off soon for your wedding and...” Alex cut me off.

“No I mean a proper hiatus. I need a year out Jack.” I would be lying if I said I wasn’t shocked, Alex’s face told me he wasn’t joking.

“What’s brought this on?”

“I’m missing my son grow up Jack, I can’t handle that fact. I need time to be with my family.” I sat next to Alex and put my arm round him in a brotherly way.

“We can talk to Matt ok if it’s really getting you down.”

“Jack, it really is, I need this.” Alex sighed and rubbed his forehead as I worried about the future of our band.

Alex’s P.O.V

“Matt I really need this ok you have to be on my side here,” I pleaded, he didn’t have the same reaction as Jack did he definitely was less sympathetic.

“I understand about missing your kid Alex but isn’t a year a bit steep?”

“You can’t put a time on your family Flyzik.” I was starting to get a little angry, I just couldn’t believe he wasn’t on my side.

“The bosses at the record company will not be happy about this at all,” Matt sighed but I smiled slightly knowing I had won him over.

“I don’t care, they can drop us for all I care, it might be better if they do because then we could take a year out then sign ourselves to my record label and I could give myself as much time off as I want.” I was not going to back down on this at all. I was doing myself some serious emotional damage by being here and missing out on the most important part of my son’s development and I wanted to be there when he started to crawl and walk and when he was going to learn to feed himself and say more words. As Logan got older I wouldn’t mind being away so much because he wasn’t as vulnerable and there’s less milestones for him to fulfil but at the moment being torn away from him at this crucial stage was driving me apart.

“Ok Alex I’ll call a meeting with the record company and you can plead your case but they’re not going to be as easily persuaded as me. Is this why you’ve been a miserable bastard all tour?”

“I resent miserable bastard, I’ve just been a bit preoccupied with my mind. My son is starting to talk and I’m missing it. I was his first word and I wasn’t even there to hear it Matt, can you even imagine what that must feel like? I’ll tell you it’s fucking awful.” I sat down on the sofa again looking at the picture on my phone of the two people I wanted desperately to be here.