‹ Prequel: Come one come all

You're Just In Time

Huit

Louisa’s P.O.V

“Come on Logan here comes the aeroplane.” I made the strange aeroplane noise and made the spoon zoom around my sons head while he watched it in fascination, so engrossed in it his mouth opened which I took as my queue to put the spoon. He has five months old now so starting to feed him baby food. Alex has been home for the past two months with me and I feel so much better in myself, I had just finished my counselling sessions as I enrolled for only a six week course. The tablets were helping too and I was only taking one every two days now, slowly weaning , myself off them. I was finally enjoying my son and I am now not ashamed of asking for help. I looked up because I heard Alex walk in to the room, I knew what was coming he didn’t need to say it.

“When does it start?” I put another spoonful of flavoured puree in my son’s mouth.

“Monday coming.” A big sigh escaped his lips, I knew he would worry about me every day, he was worrying now.

“There’s not going to be a repeat of last time Alex you and I both know that. I’ll be fine I can call your parents or Ashlee or someone. There’s no need to look so worried.” As soon as those words escaped my lips a grin appeared on Alex’s face.

“That’s my girl,” Alex uttered placing a small kiss on the top of my head.

“I feel more ready to do this on my own, plus Logan is sleeping through the night better and is in more of a routine now I feel more on top of things.” I smiled and nodded, genuinely happy with life once again.

“You will tell me if you do feel even the tiniest bit stressed won’t you?” Alex couldn’t help but worry and I can’t really blame him.

“I will do don’t worry Alex I won’t make the same mistake again.” I hugged Alex and when I let go I giggle forgetting the spoon in my hand which had food on it and had now gone down Alex’s shirt.

“What’s so funny?” Alex asked wrinkling his face up in a confused look.

“Look in the mirror.” I tried to stifle some laughter as I continued to feed my son once again. Alex walked to the long mirror in the living room and come back in the kitchen his face was like thunder, he did not look too impressed.

“I only bought this a couple of weeks ago.” He pouted and crossed his arms over his chest. I cleaned my sons face and threw away the food which my son didn’t want as he spat out the last spoonful.

“Take it off and I’ll put it in the washing machine,” I said and looked wide eyes as Alex took off his shirt there and then and I bit my bottom lip slightly. Since Alex convinced me in to bed a couple of times in the past month of so I’ve found myself craving him. I now am starting to realise I can have a life away from Logan and me and Alex even went out on a date last night for the first time in I can’t remember how long and Logan was looked after by his grandparents. It wasn’t until I saw a hand wave in front of my face that I realised I has been staring and day dreaming.

“I know I’m sexy but there us a child present in the room.” Alex joked throwing his T shirt in the washing machine and sitting on a chair at the kitchen table, he really was not going to make this easy for me.

“I think it is time that this said child went to have a nap.” I kept staring at Alex’s exposed torso all the while.

“I’ll put Logan to bed and after I’ve done that...” I cut Alex off acting and saying things I have not done for well over a year.

“Then it’s time I took you there myself.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Next update at the weekend