Status: Complete <3

Break the Ice

I Think I'm Safe Here.

It took me a few seconds to get into realization what Jordan had just said. His face dropped as my my silence took to his heart.
"Is it okay if I stay with Sidney for...a while?"
Jordan looked up at me and frowned, but then gave me a small smirk, "Sure you can...but make sure nothing.....big happens."
I rolled my eyes and hugged him. "Love you Jord!"

A few minutes later my eyes got covered.
"Guess who?" I heard a male's voice empahiase the last word behind me.
"Sidney!" I turned around and jumped up into him.
He laughed as we both fell to the ground.
"You okay down there?" Tyler stood over us, smiling.
"Yessss." Both Sid and myself replied.
"That's good. Make sure you don't get stepped on."
Yes, we were laying in the middle of the floor in the Pittsburgh Penguins dressing room. A few months ago, I would have been totally starstruck. Now? It seemed like a normal thing... Hanging out with the Pens and all, not laying on the floor.

At about eleven, Jordan, Sidney and I walked out into the chill, early December air. We all went over to the back parking lot, where the players, and staff would park. There was an extra car in the parking lot tonight though. It was a shiny red colour with quite a bit of exhaust coming from the back of it.
"You okay?" Jordan called over to a fairly young girl.
"Yes, I'm alright. But my car broke down. I'm Lydia Garrley. I work in the arena," She nodded her head over toward Mellon.
"That's Sidney Crosby, he's Jordan, and I'm Nicole Staal. Nice to meet you." We shook exchanged handshakes and called a tow-truck with Sidney's cell phone.

Lydia and me exchanged numbers and such.
"Well, it was nice to meet you Nicki."
"Same here. See you around." I waved as I walked towards Sidney's car with him, and Jordan walked to his own. "Bye Jordan!"
"Bye Nic!"

That night again was a fairly normal night. I slept in Sid's bed again. And to answer Jordan's much asked question...no nothing happened!

My new friend kept her word. Lydia called me the next morning and asked if I wanted to go shopping at a nearby mall...the same one I dragged the guys to the previous day.
"Sure, sounds great. Meet you there in ten."

We decided to do a little Christmas shopping since today was December the third. Twenty two days 'til Christmas, baby!

Both of us got things for our family members. And yes, I actually found a few things for Eric, Marc, Jordan, and Jared. Lydia bought somethings for her parents and friends of hers.

"Gah, I'm tired!" I sighed and sat down on the bench.
Lydia sat down beside me, "Sigh."
"Did you just say sigh?"
"Uh, yeah." She laughed.
"That's a little deranged."
"Mhmmm....."
Lydia seemed like a pretty cool person. She was in her last year of school for fashion design, which I thought was pretty awesome. I still had to finish high school....sigh....and yes, I did just say sigh...I got that from my new friend.

Overall, it was a fairly good day. And I got most of the -dreaded- Christmas shopping done.

That night I walked into Sidney's house.

There was some sort of vibe off of his place.

I think I'm safe here....