Status: Complete <3

Break the Ice

A Not So Happy Christmas Party

DECEMBER 23

I was over at Jordan's apartment [my former home,] getting ready. I spent the day with him, and would be seeing the other guys tonight....

"I don't wanna wear a dress. I swear the only time I've ever wore one was my Graduation!" I shook my heard looking at the red dress laid out on my bed.
"If you wanna come to the Christmas party, put it on." Jordan replied, standing at my door. I opened my mouth to speak, "No you are not wearing jeans."
I looked down. "Fine!"

I got dressed in the dress and finished up getting ready. By this time it was 6:30, and we needed to be at the hall in ten minutes. The Penguins organization was having their annual Christmas party, which the staff, players and families were invited to.

Jordan and I walked up to the door and a few of the guys tackled me as we walked in.
"Ahhh!" Marc yelled. "Nicki's wearing a dress! The world is gunna end."
I rolled my eyes, "That's what I said, but apparently I can't wear jeans."
"Well, you do look very nice." Sidney chirped.
"Thank you Sidney. You look rather fine yourself," I laughed.

Everyone just hung around, then we ate diner..which may I point out, was extremely good. There was a bit of everything..rolled ribs, steak, potatoes, rice, noodles, mixed vegetables, and a whole tray of desserts.

Then it was the time that the guys [and myself.....] were looking forward to...presents! After my hours of Christmas shopping I had managed to get something that would suit each person. And yes, that means I got practically everyone a present =]

Everyone was just starting to gather near the Christmas tree to exchange presents when my phone rang. I had gotten a text. I looked down at it, and a few tears started running down my face...

"Hey! Nicki! You coming?" Tyler yelled back to me, and then turned around seeing my watering eyes. His voice suddenly cooled, "What's wrong?"
I stuck out my phone as he read the text message....'Srry Nicole. Its just not gunna work out. I found sum1 else. -Luke'
Tyler cursed under his breath, "What an idiot! First off, who would break up over a text? Second, who would break up with you?"
I started choking back tears but they kept flowing, and soon I was bawling into Tyler's chest.

He picked me up bridal style and carried me over to the staircase over to the side of the hall away from everyone else.
"It's okay....." Tyler spoke calmingly, and used the common line: "He wasn't worth it."
I sighed deeply. "Seriously? Right before Christmas," I looked down still holding my phone tightly.
Tyler sat with me for about twenty minutes speaking to me, and slowly helping me feel a little bit better, before anyone else came over.

"You guys comi-" Sidney walked around the corner, "--What's wrong?" His voice was quickly panicked.
"Just her jerk boy--ex boyfriend." Tyler talked for me.
Sidney sat down on the other side of me, "He's not worth it..."
"Tyler said that one already Sid."
"Oh, okay...hmm.......Do you wanna go open presents now?! We've been waiting......."
Still not in the brightest of moods, I replied, "Sure, I wouldn't wanna hold you guys back," Giving them a small smile.
Sidney got up and bounded over to the Christmas tree, but not before whispering something to Jordan...Jeez..I wonder what [sarcastic.]
"Thanks again Tyler." I gave him a quick hug and we walked over to the tree.
♠ ♠ ♠
I've had this part planned for literally months, and it feel great to finally have it written. So Luke broke up with Nicole....over a text!!! Gahh. That is not the way to go, people.
------

I never understood how author's were always so excited to write Christmas in stories, but suddenly I understand. And man, am I pumped!
COMMENT, please!