Status: Complete <3

Break the Ice

You're Not Sorry

“Nicki…” Luke spoke in almost a pleading voice. I stood still, unable to move but didn’t reply. I heard his footsteps, indicating him moving closer to me but my feet felt as if they were glued to the ground. “I’m sorry…” I closed my eyes tightly keeping all my tears held back.

Shaking my head I unsteadily replied, “No…” After taking a deep breath I continued, “You’re not sorry….”

His footsteps finally stopped as he stood behind me. Luke wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled my carefully into him. My eyes remained closed as I struggled with myself to keep composed. He pressed his lips to my forehead in a quick kiss before I pulled away.

I took a few steps back and opened my eyes. I stared at Luke and my lip quivered. He took a few steps towards me but I just shook my head, “No Luke. You had your chance.”

Just as I was about to freak out I saw another person standing only a few feet away from us. Dear God thank him. “Hey, dude, back off.” I heard the figure speak. He had a strong but at the same time childish voice. Luke instant looked back at him with a sudden glare. I widened my yes confused but the boy just looked at me and nodded. “Just go to the dressing room or whatever…leave her alone.” Luke looked back over at me but obeyed the guy. I had no idea who he was but I loved him at the moment.

I let out a sigh and slid down the fall so I sat on the floor. The boy walked over cautiously looking like he was worried I’d burst into tears…which I frankly could at the moment. He walked over slowly and sat beside me. “Hello,” He spoke, “I’m Brayden.”
I nodded, not thinking much of it, “Nicole…”
He smiled, “I know who you are.”
I shot him a confused look, “How…?”
“I’m Brayden Schenn,” Brayden said emphasizing the last bit, “Luke’s brother.”
“Oh.” I said softly, “Okay, got it.” I nodded, “Thanks by the way.”
He smiled at me, “No problem.”

Even after all the sleep yesterday I was exhausted, but this time I was emotionally exhausted. I stayed silent for a moment, waiting for the game to end and for the boys to come out of the dressing room, but before either of those things happened I fell asleep.

My dreams were far from pleasant. I seemed to be reliving over all the bad times in my life and I just wished I could wake up from this playlist of flashbacks. I squirmed, uncomfortable with everything going on and my eyes started to water again. My lip resumed quivering and I felt as if I burst out in tears. Slowly I heard voices getting louder, mixture of worry and surprise in the tones I could make out. Everything was getting louder and clearer. At last my eyes shot open and I looked up to see several bodies surrounding me. I saw Jordan, Sidney, Marc and Tyler with worried expressions on their faces. I felt my arms gripping something…or rather someone tightly. My head was also resting on their shoulder I looked up to notice Brayden was still there. I gave him a sympathetic sigh, sorry that this meeting was so horrible and all he had to put up with regarding me.

“It’s okay.” He reassured me.
Sidney bent over and picked me up, holding me bridal style. “Thanks Brayden.” He smiled at the boy as the other guys did the same with mumbled responses.
“See you around.” I spoke quietly.
He handed me a folded piece of paper, and answered, “Mhmm.”

With that the group of us left the building and went out into the parking lot. Sidney was still carrying me but I honestly didn’t mind right now, I pushed my face into his shoulder for a greater sense of comfort. He held me tighter to his body before setting me down in the passenger seat of his car.

“Jordan said he’ll drive your car back to the hotel.” Sidney spoke and I nodded.

My face was positioned against the glass of the window and I watched the fine details pass by before us as Sidney drove.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry guys I screwed up. I forgot something [or someone rather, haha] in this past chapter so I had to add him in this one. Sorry bout the confusion with saying I was adding a new charry in this past chapter. But here he is! =]]

Thanks for the comments guys, I appreciate it to great heights [haha cheesy I know!]
I would love to have 7 comment on this chapter. It would make me SOOOO happy =]]
COMMENTS=LOVE

I'm sorry not a lot happens in this chapter but remember it IS the wind down to this story even though it may not seem like it. Only about 2 more chapters to go!!!

Thanks for reading.

xoxo.