Status: Complete <3

Break the Ice

The End :Is Really Just The Beginning:

I got into the passenger seat, and shoved the three hockey players into the back.
"No more red car?" I asked.
Lydia shook her head, and let out a small laugh, "Nope. It was old anyways."
I gave her a small smile. "Okay, so you know Sid, right?" She nodded. "Kay, and this is Flower. Well Marc-Andrew Fleury, and that's Evgeni Malkin. Just call him Geno." I finished, taking in a deep breath of air.
She laughed, "Okay. So Sid, Geno and Flower?"
They all nodded in sync, smiling. "Guys cut it out. Seriously. She's off limits."
They gave me small pouts before turning back to their conversations.
Lydia gave me a puzzled look. "Ah, those guys. You'll learn to love them." The look continued. "In a friendly way. Please be in a friendly way."
She nodded still looking a little puzzled. "Oh, Nicki." Lydia spoke, pulling out of the airport, "What are you doing for New Years?"
"Some of the guys, and a couple of us girls are going out to this one club. You wanna come?"
"That would be great!" She smiled.
"Ah, and do you have a date?"
Her smiled dropped, "No. I don't."
"Good." I smirked. "Forget my rules. I got a perfect guy for you."

"Come on!" I whined. "Please, please, please, please?"
"I told you...no. I am not going on some blind date kind of thing with one of your friends." He replied, as I sighed through the phone.
"Come on! I swear. You'll really like her."
He let out an annoyed sigh, "No Nicki. I'm fine. I don't wanna date at the moment..."
"It's not like I'm forcing you to go on more than one date. But New Years would be awesome then. Please Tyler...I 'wuv you." I pouted, even though he couldn't see it.
He paused a minute before responding, "Fine. You win this time. But tell me first, what's her name?" Tyler asked.
"Lydia. Lydia Garrley."
"Okay, but you owe me." He jokes.
"No Tyler, I only owe you if this doesn't work as I think it will."

I slipped on the clothes I had just picked out. And glanced at myself in the mirror.

The past few days had gone by quickly and I was just getting ready to go out to the club for New Years.

Picking up a bottle of body spray, I sprayed myself, then set the bottle down. I grabbed my hair straightener and began straightening my hair before I heard a yell.

"Nicki! You almost ready?" Sid called.
"Almost Siddo. Here you can come in now." I set the straightener down and opened the door to our room.
"Thanks." He smiled while entering the room, and I went back to doing my hair.

I brushed my now straightened hair, and put a clip with a bow on it, on the left side of my head. I checked my appearance one more time before having my thoughts interrupted.

"You look great Nicki. Honest." Sid spoke.
I spun around with a smile on my face to see him sitting on his bed. "Thanks Sid. Seriously." I shot him a wink and pulled my phone out of the pocket of my jeans.

No new messages.

"You all ready?" Sid asked.
"I believe so." I checked everything again, before nodding, sure of myself, "Yes. I am indeed ready."

Sidney and I walked down the steps, pulled on our jackets and shoes, and went outside. Sid unlocked the doors and we both got in. He drove us to the club...one we regularly go to, so getting in for some of the underagers, such as myself, was easy enough.

Once we got there I walked in to see small groups of people scattered all over.
"Hey, Nic, see you in a few, alright?"
"Kay." I smiled over at Sid as he walked away.

I walked around for a while until I say the first few people I needed to talk to. They were sitting close to each other on a couch.
"Hey freaks!" I smiled as they looked over. I pushed one of them aside to sit in-between them,
Britt and Kris both greeted me, and then Brittany spoke alone, "We told the team. 'Thought it was better than you telling them."
"Yeah, that wouldn't end well..." Kris agreed.
"That was probably wise." I gave them a small wink before seeing two other people across the room. I jumped up, "Gotta go guys. See ya around."

I ran across the club, weaving in and out of people to get to the two I was aiming for.
"Lydia! Ty! I see you've guys have met!" I gave them a beaming smile.
"Yeah." Lydia spoke.
"Good to see." I replied.
Tyler gave me a smile, and taking my clue I decided to see who else was here.

I went to visit Geno, Max, Marc, Brooks, Jordan and some of the other guys but they all seemed occupied. Finally I made my way over to Sidney, but he too was busy. He seemed to be talking with some girl. I didn't recognize her so I'm guessing he just met her here. I shrugged and walked over to an empty table beside the far wall. I went over there, sat down, and pulled out my phone.

I had one message from Brayden.
'Hey, how you holding up over there?'

Smiling at his kindness I replied, 'Alright. But everyone is busy with -someone special- except me. Feeling kinda left out I guess.'

Within seconds I got a response, 'Aw that sucks, I'd be there if I could. Have a good night! (: Sorry but I gotta go...going out with some guys.'

I let out a sigh, 'Alright, byee.'

'Bye. And happy New Years ;D' He sent.

I wandered around the club for a while, briefly seeing Britt and Kris leaving the club. Oh I wonder where they could be going? That was one obvious answer.

Finally, it was almost midnight and I ended up sitting back in the chair I had found before. As soon as the countdown reached one, and the clock struck midnight there were cheers and shouts of 'Happy New Year!" and I soon saw several bodies fly at me.

"Happy New Year Nicki!" I heard voices yell.
I lightly pushed everyone off of me, to see that Geno, Marc, Max, Jordan, Sid, Lydia and Tyler were the tacklers.
"Guys, you're so sweet!" I hugged them all and smiled.

This is why I was here.
Friends were what I had.
And BREAKING THE ICE could never be easier.
♠ ♠ ♠
There we go guys!
It's all over.
Thanks for all of the support. You have no idea how much I appreciate it.
Remember, a sequel will be coming sometime.
And for the last time with BTI, comments are LOVE.
You guys are amazing.
<33