Status: Complete <3

Break the Ice

Are You...?

I walked out into the halls and fell into someone; they caught me and held me for several seconds.
“Uhm, hello.” I said looking up.
“Oh, hi,” the boy turned a deep shade of red.
“Luke Schenn ?” I questioned.
“Yeah, that’s me.”
“Nice to meet you,” I slowly stood and reached for his hand. He gladly shook it.
He then looked at Crosby jersey and I smiled, “Best friend.”
“You’re friends with those guys,” he nodded over to the players coming out of the dressing room.
“Yeah, and Jordan, he’s my brother.”
“That explains it,”
“I’m Nicole,” I gave him another warm smile.
“Nicki!” Sid ran over to me, and wrapped his arm around my waist. “Luke.” He nodded.
“Sidney,” he replied back.
Things seemed tense for a couple of seconds before I broke the silence, “Here,” I took Luke’s phone out of his hockey bag and entered my number in it, “Give me a call sometime.”
“Yes I will!” He shouted as I started to walk away.
“Bye!” I waved and walked over to the guys, Sidney’s arm still around my waist, I didn’t mind whatsoever.

The weekend came, and went.

Luke called me a couple of days later, and we talked for a good forty-five minutes.
“Great talking to you again,” I smiled to myself.
“Same to you, I guess I’ll see you on Thursday?”
“Thursday?”
“We’re playing the Pens again.”
“You are?! That’s awesome! I’ll see you then.”
“Kay, bye.”

Finally Thursday was here.

I ran down the steps to the entrance of the dressing rooms, kissed Sidney on the cheek, and ran in the direction of the Visitor’s dressing room. I knocked on the door, to warn them I was coming in, then opened the door and ran in.
“Sorry, but I think you have the wrong room.” Jason Blake informed me.
“No, I’m pretty sure this is that right one.” I said; my eyes searching for the one boy in this room that I didn’t despise.
“Nicole!” Luke ran over to me and gave me a gentle hug, “Great to see you.”
“Right back at you,” I laughed.
Jason watched confused for a minute then turned around and went back to doing whatever he was doing.
“So, what’s up?” He seemed enthused that I actually came.
“Not too much, but sorry to say, the Pens are gunna beat you guys again.”
“Don’t be too sure of that,” I just giggled.
"Luke! Get over here,” one of the players yelled.
“Well, I guess I better go.” I said, “See you after the game.”
“Kay. I’ll score one for you!” Luke grinned.
“We’ll see about that, Flower’s been pretty solid in there.” I left the dressing room and walked up into the stands.

It was only five minutes into the third, when I learned that Mr. Luke Schenn keeps his promises. He scored on a break-a-way. And after he did so, he pointed up at me, smiling with his eyes. All of the Pens players except Jordan and Sidney [who knew about me and Luke] looked up at me puzzled, and I knew they would want the full story after the game.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like the updates