Status: Complete <3

Break the Ice

Miss. Brittany Talbot.

"What was that about Nicki?! I thought you were a Pens fan?" TK asked as I walked into the dressing room.
"You very well know I am Tyler. It was just nice that Luke scored a goal for me."
"For you?"
"Yeah, he said he would." TK looked at me puzzled. "I'll be going, see you later."
I walked over to Sidney who was throwing some of his stuff into his hockey bag.
"Cole, there's a little party kinda thing at Tangers, you going?"
"Sure,can you give me a ride?"
"Yeah, meet you near my car in ten."
"Kay," I walked out of the dressing room and waited in the hallway, for a certain someone.
Within five minutes, some came up behind me and covered my eyes, "Guess who," the voice laughed.
"Hmmm, I dunno...Sidney? Kris? Max? Marc? Jordan? Tyler?"
"No, no, no, no, no and no." The person continued laughing, knowing very well I knew who it was.
"How about...the boy who keeps his promises by scoring me a goal," I smiled.
"Right you are." Luke uncovered my eyes, and I turned around to meet his gaze.
"I gotta go catch the bus in a minute...we're heading out of town tonight."
"Well that sucks." I frowned. "Next game against Pittsburgh?"
"December 29."
"That far away," I sighed. "Well, I guess I'll see you then." I stood on my tiptoes and caught his lips with mine.
I snapped away, hearing a door slam. I laughed mechanically at the site of my Sidney. "Bye Luke," I hugged him, and ran up to catch up with Sidney.

>>At Kris's house<<

I sat on a bar stool talking casually to Marc-Andre. Despite how many times he told me how pointless it was to sit near a bar when I wasn't old enough to drink, I insisted it was the best place to talk, since neither of us were really in the 'party mood.'
After about an hour of talking, I decided to relive my curiosity. "Who's that girl over there," I nodded towards a girl sitting a few seats down from us.
"She, is Max's cousin. Her name is Brittany. Her mother died last year and she moved to Pittsburgh with Max. They're really close."
I stared over at her, she seemed to replay the same moment over and over. Get a drink, swallow the drink in a matter of seconds, and get another drink. "She drinks things off." Marc told me.
"How old is she? She doesn't look much older than me."
"She's twenty."
"Then how can she dri-?"
"She's from Canada, the drinking age is different, you should know that."
"Well, I suppose."
I decided to go over and talk to this Brittany, and I left Marc with Sidney as company.
"Heyy," I smiled kindly.
"Uhm, hello." She didn't seem very enthusiastic.
"I'm Nicole...Staal, and I heard that your name is Brittany."
"Yeah it is. So your related to Jordan?"
"And Eric, and Marc and Jared."
"Oh, cool."
"And Max is your cousin?"
"Yes he is."
"That's cool."
This night I got to know Brittany a bit better...well I got to know her in general. She seemed like pretty talkative person. After I got her talking, she wouldn't shut up.

>>Saturday<<

"Max, can I talk to your cousin?" I asked into the phone.
"Yeah sure Miss Staal." I laughed, as he handed over the phone to Brittany.
"Hey Brittany. I wondered...do you want to come shopping with me? I heard there's a great mall a few minutes away."
"Sounds good."
"Kay, I'll be over in half an hour." I hung up, grabbed my purse and a sweater and ran outside.
I drove over to Max's..and well Brittany's house. We meet up, and went to the mall.
The day was filled with shopping, and talking.

"So you're out of school?" I asked.
"Yeah, I really didn't want to go to college."
"Oooh, I'm a junior, so one and a half more years of high school, then college."

The topic changed several times.

"Do you go to all of the games?"
"Yeah, even the away games." Brittany responded.
"That's awesome! I'm planning on going to all the ones I can."

By the end of the day, I think we succeeded in knowing each other like the back of our own hand.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the long wait again! My friend Brittany has given me some ideas though, so much more should be coming!
Please tell me what you think of the story so far.
Thankzzzz!