Status: Complete <3

Break the Ice

Vs. Rangers

Tonight was the Penguins first game against the Rangers.

I ran down to my normal seat; second row behind the bench, and Brittany followed slowly behind laughing at my enthusiasm.

The warm-ups started and my eyes scanned the ice....looking....looking....looking....target found.

"MARC!" There was no response. He must have been thinking it was some crazy fan girl that came to the 'Burgh. "MARC STAAL LOOK OVER HERE THIS INSTANT!" I shouted.

Jordan was watching amused, near the bench when Marc turned ten shades of red and looked over at me. I waved kindly, and sat back down in my seat.

"That was...uhm...interesting." Brittany said, lacking approipate words to use for my behavoir just second earlier.

>>To the third period< <

The Pens were leading due to a goal by Geno late in the second. The score was 1-0.

I was announcing the game under my breathe which was obviously getting on Brittany's nerves. "He shoots...and....SIDNEY SCORES!" I stood up and started cheering.

That goal brought the game to a 2-0 score, which didn't last for long.

The Rangers scored two quick goals tieing the game.

No one scored for the rest of regulation, or in OT.

That brought it to a shootout.

"Oh no, oh no, oh no." I sighed with my head in my hands. This was started to get me nervous. I covered my eyes as one of the New York players skated up towards Fleury. Then I heard a parade of cheers, Marc-Andre does it again, [note to self: I will have to tell him about his great preformance later...]

I kept my eyes open for the rest of the shootout, Sidney had the game winner.

I ran down to the dressing rooms after most of the crowd had left the arena.

I was running down the hall when someone picked me up from behind.

"Marc, put me down this instant." I snapped.

"Hey, shouldn't you be happy? You're Pens did win after all, and your poor...favourite brother is just standing here depressed." He said trying to hold in laughter.

"Suck it up Staal," I said jumping out of his grasp.

"Your last name is Staal too, 'ya know!"

"Yeah, but I'm not THE 'Marc Staal.'" I started walking down to the Penguins dressing room, with Marc following close behind. He'd hang out with the team afterwords since the Rangers would be staying in a hotel for the night.

We walked into the dressing room. Marc walked strait over to Jordan, and I headed over to Marc...well the other Marc...I'm talking about Mr. Fleury himself.

"Great job tonight. I thought I was going to keel over dead watching that shootout, but you were awesome!" I smiled brightly, as he blushed slightly.

"And Geno," I said turning to face beside me. "You were awesome!"

"Oh was I now?" He laughed, in his hot accent.

"Yes, yes you were." I winked and finally walked-skipped-ish-thing over to the one boy I was wanting to see so badly.

"Nicki!" He pulled me onto his lap.

"Hey Sid." I looked up smiling at him."How's it going up there?"

He laughed, "Just as good as it's going down there," He looked down.

"Well, I'd say that pretty good."

Sidney, Marc [Staal,] Jordan and me walked out of the dressing room and over to Jordan's car. We'd all be going over to our place for a while--

"OH MY GOSH! AHHHHHHH!" I said running over to one of the only cars left in the parking lot. I ran up to a person, and hugged 'him' like it was my last day alive. "JARED! I MISSED YOU SO DAMN MUCH, YOU KNOW THAT!?"

The brother closest to my age gave me a huge smile and hugged back.

"What are you doing down here? What about your team in Sudbury?"

"It's Thanksgiving weekend in Canada." I had completely forgot. I guess I was adjusting a little too fast to life in the USA.

By this time Sidney, Marc and Jordan were beside me. Sidney with his arm protectivly around my waist, as if worried I'd run away. And Jordan and Marc started talking with Jared.

We finally got to our [Jordan and my] place. Jordan ordered pizza, while Sidney, Jared and I were playing Halo on XBox. Marc was watching amused on the couch.

"Ooooh, you're going down Crosby." I said.

"Naw, both of you Staal's are gunna get owned." He replied.

We continued our little conversation; eyes never leaving the TV, until the pizza arrived.

Before we knew it, it was 2am and Marc had to leave in the morning.

We all fell asleep. Me with my head on Sidney's shoulder on the couch. Jared curled up on the floor. Marc sitting up on the chair, and Jordan with his head on the kitchen table.

Now this was a night with the Staals [well four of them] and a Crosby.
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally updated :]
Tell me what you think!