Status: Complete <3

Break the Ice

And He Was Back...

Marc woke me up early the next morning. It was our job to get everyone else up back at home, today was no different.

"You take Jordan, I got Jared and Sid." I whispered.

"The house is on fire! The house is on fire!" Marc and I screamed in unison.

The three boys jumped up immediatly but not before we could pour a good size of cold water on them. Sidney seemed kinda lost, but the two Staal boys had to have been expecting it.

"I've got a plane to catch, so I justed want to say bye." Marc said. He picked up his bag and got a hug from each of us, well besides the handshake from Sidney.

He walked out of Jordan and my apartment, and the remaining four of us ate breakfast. Jared was still a little startstruck with Sidney being there and everything, but come on...who wouldn't be? After breakfast we took turns getting ready, since we only had one bathroom. It was about 11am when we left.

We decided to do a little 'site seeing' with Jared, so we went to the main places, and just took it easy.

The Pens happend to have another game that night so Jared sat in the seat to my left, while Brittany sat on my right. I introduced the two, and they greeted each other with a warm smile.

Tonights game was against the Islanders. Two New York teams in two nights.

The Penguins started out strong, but just couldn't score. New York won by a score of 3-0. They were shut out. This wasn't a night they wanted to remember.

Jared and I were walking down to the dressing rooms when I heard footsteps following us. It wasn't Brittany, since she headed down earlier, and I didn't know anyone else with passes. I stayed close to Jared and ignored the footsteps. But soon, they got a little much. I turned around quickly, only to be greeted by a smiling face. Jared turned around too, and was met by the same face, smiling just as brightly.

I blinked twice, not believing my eyes. Was that really who I thought it was? It had to be. He hugged me as I finally returned the smile. Luke Schenn was really here.

I had a confused look on my face as he responded with "It's Thanksgiving in Canada." Hockey players never cease to amaze me. He went on to further explain that he spent last night with his family and decided to come visit before he had to be back in Toronto.

Us three made our way into the dressing room...Luke was a little heisitant, but I assured him that it would be alright with the guys. I made my rounds around the room, throwing compliements to each of the players. I ended with Jordan.

"Hey Jord, would you mind if Luke stayed at our place tonight?" I asked.

"That's alright, just make sure that nothing happends."

"Urgh, of course nothing will happen!" I made my way over to Luke who was standing nervously near the door. "Jordan said you can stay at our place tonight if you want."

"If you're sure that's okay..."

"It's totally fine."

I said goodbye to Sidney in the parking lot, he insisted that he shouldn't come over tonight since both Jared and Luke were already stay there. I finally agreed and told him I'd call him in the morning.

Jordan climbed into the drviers side of the car, Jared was shotgun; and Luke and were in the backseat.

>>Jared's POV< <

"What's up with them?" I asked Jordan quietly.

"Her and Schenn? I don't know, they met at one of our games and yeah."

I looked at Jordan...but he just shrugged. I loved my sister, but I knew how hockey players could be [no pun intened, about my brothers and I.] And Sidney seemed nice enough, but I didn't know Luke well. I guess I;d just have to see how it would go.

We got to Jordan and Nicki's place, I went over to the sofa and laid down. Even if it was early, I was tired.

>>Nicole's POV< <

I heard Jordan and Jared talking in but I decided to ignore them. Living with four brothers all of my life, I learnt that most of the stuff they said, I didn't want to hear anyways.

We got to our place, and Jared immediatly went over to the sofa. Jordan went to get something to eat from the fridge, and Luke and I went into my bedroom.

No, nothing was going to happen.

I told him he could have my bed, and I'd sleep on the floor, but he insisted that I sleep on my bed, after a long discussion, he had convinced me.

I got some blankets for him, and we talked a little bit. Just about hockey, family, friends, and life in general.

Finally we decided to go to sleep. I got ready and jumped into my bed, then Luke got ready and laid down on the floor.

"You know you could've just had the bed...the offer is stil here."

"Naw, I'm alright. Night Nicole."

I fell asleep quickly.

>>Fastforward to the morning< <

I woke up to my brothers voices.

"I knew something was going to happen! Jordan why'd you let him stay over?" That was Jared.

"I told her! Urgh."

I had no idea what they were talking about. I opened my eyes slowly to find I was cuddleed into someone. Ohh, that's what they were talking about. Luke must of decided to come into bed. But must I say again? Nothing happend.

"Guys! Shut up!" I whisper-yelled.

"Crap, she's awake." Jared said.

"Don't talk about my like I'm not here." I crawled out of Luke's hold and sat up.

"Well, did anything happen?" Jordan asked.

"No! Nothing happend!" How many times would I need to say this.

"I told you nothing would happen!" Jared yelled out.

"You were the one saying something would happen you dummy." Jordan hit Jared in the back of the head.

"Owww!" Jared's yelling must have woken Luke up ince he was now awake.

I smiled reassuringly to him and look back at my two brothers bickering.

"Shut up!" I shouted. They quieted down quickly. "Thank you." I fell back onto the bed.

"I can kinda get out of bed if you want?" Luke asked almost silently.

"No, this is alright." I said before drifting back into dreamland.