Can't Have You

Hurtful Truths.

Nick's P.O.V

Waking up the next morning I was forced to realise that this was another day. Another day of heartbreak, another day that I wished would just end.

"Hey." I greeted Kevin, stumbling into the kitchen.

"Shoot." I heard him mumble, "Oh! Hey morning! How are you?"

I stared at him in suspicion. "Are you okay?"

"Y-yeah, fine. Why?" He shot back quickly.

"Um, okay." I shrugged, moving away from my anxious brother and then checking my Omni pod.

"Kevin. Can I talk to you?!" Joe yelled from the hallway. Kevin shot a look at me before getting up and taking the newspaper with him. A picture on the front caught my eye.

"Hey!" I yelped, snatching the paper away from him.

"No! Don't-"

It was too late. The headline was big and bold, matching the picture that came with it.

ZOE COOPER MOVES ONTO BRITISH STAR AARON JOHNSON!

The photo showed the two holding hands and crossing the street.

That's suppose to be me!

There it was. Proof she didn't want me anymore.

You did give back the bracelet.. And you started dating her soon-to-be step sister..

So? That was only so I could at least see her!

Too late now though isn't it?

"Nick?" Kevin asked, staring at me with concern. I didn't even realise I was shaking, the paper in my hand balled up.

"I'm going to England."

Zoe's P.O.V

I had three weeks left here. Aaron had shown me all around London and we had even taken a train to Paris for the day two days ago. I was relaxed, stress-free. Something I hadn't been in a long while. I missed Nick terribly though. I could barely find a moment where I wasn't thinking of him. I hoped that when I got back he'd still want to talk to me.

"Zoe? Are you listening to me?" Aaron broke through my thoughts.

"Huh? Oh sorry, um, what'd you say?" I asked, blushing.

"Thinking about Nick?" He asked.

I swear, this boys like a mind reader or something.

"How'd you know?" I asked sadly.

"You get this look on your face. Sorta happy but pained at the same time, you get me?"

I nodded. "Yeah."

"Why don't you just talk to him?" Aaron asked.

"I-I can't." I stammered.

"Why?" Aaron pressed, turning fully to look at me. We were in the living room of his house, watching a movie.

"'Cause. It's just complicated." I sighed, fiddling with my hair. Something I hadn't done ever since the 'New Zealand's Got Talent' audition. Wow. That seems so long ago now.

"So is this movie but you don't see me complaining." He joked, making me smile.

I rolled my eyes at him. "Well.."

And then I told him everything. About Kat's threats. About my heart breaking decision.

"You're kidding, right?" Aaron said once I had finished. I shot him a look. "Of course I'm not."

"So, just because some crazed fan of Nick's decides to start making so called threats against you guys careers you just end everything? Come on Zoe, I thought you were smart." Aaron said.

"Excuse me? I was not going to be the reason for the end of his career!" I snapped.

"Exactly what could she have done Zoe? Made a few accusations? The bitch is obviously crazy but so are you for jus dumping him like that!" Aaron snapped back.

"No! I did what was best!" I cried out, standing up.

"For who, Zoe? Cause you don't seem to be handling it all very well! Have you ever seen yourself? As in really seen yourself?" Aaron yelled, standing up, towering over me.

"I'm f-fine." My voice cracked as a few tears spilled over.

"Oh for the love of Christ." Aaron sighed before grabbing my arm and dragging me down to his room.

"What are you doing?" I screeched, trying to claw off his arm.

"Look into this mirror and tell me what you see Zoe Cooper?" Aaron groaned, standing me in front of his full length mirror.

"I-I.. I look fine." I muttered, barely even glancing at myself.

"I said look properly." He hissed, forcing me to look at myself.

Then I saw her. She was me. But not really. The girl that stared back at me had pimpled, make-up coated skin that looked oily and greasy. Her hair was limp and dank, the eyes bloodshot and puffy with heavy bags and dark under eye circles.

"Lift up your top Zoe." Aaron said quietly from behind me. I shook my head. No. No more, please.

Aaron stepped closer and pulled up my top, revealing my stomach. What was once firm, toned and tanned skin was now a skeletal, pasty looking hollowed out stomach. I gasped and pulled away from him.

"I-I didn't e-e-even reali-realise.." I whimpered, sinking down to the floor. I realised then that I had infact been missing a lot of my meals, I even sometimes hid my food.

"Zoe, please, for both yours and everyone else's sake, stop lying to yourself and just talk to Nick." Aaron whispered, kneeling next to me.

"I-I can't. Not yet Aaron." I said, staring up at him.

"Well, at least for me, get home and get some sleep. And for the sake of your skin, stop wearing make-up. You're so much prettier without it." He smiled.

Aaron and I walked out to his car as he had to drop me back home. We were pulling into the driveway when he suddenly leant over and kissed me on the cheek.

"Get some rest and just talk to him Zo, what can it hurt?" He smiled softly.

"Thanks.. You know, for tonight." I said before getting out of the car.

I waved goodbye to him and then turned around, about to walk up the porch steps when something stopped me.

"Nick?!"