11:11 PM

Chapter 5

Bailey woke first. She smiled a little when she saw her head in the crook of Matt’s neck and felt his hand draped over her side, keeping her close. She left a gentle kiss on his Adam’s apple before carefully sliding out of the bed. She looked behind her to make sure he was still sleeping and tip toed to her dresser to put on some clothes.

She walked quietly out of her room, closing the door softly before making her way to the kitchen and starting a pot of coffee.

“What to do, what to do,” she mumbled to reached for a mug out of the shelf above her.

When she dropped back to the heels of her feet, she felt arms slink their way around her waist and a pair of lips caress her neck. She smiled and thought about how wonderful she felt being with him again. But was it really anything? Was it just lust clouding her thoughts?

Matt rested his head on her shoulder and whispered in her ear, “I really did miss you Bai.”

Bailey stayed turned around for a moment longer before slowly turning around in his arms and staring at the 5’10” Matthew Flyzik in front of her. “I guess we should figure this out,” she said quietly.

He nodded and took the mug from her hands and poured some coffee into and grabbing himself a mug and some coffee. He turned around and spotted his ex-girlfriend sitting at the table a few feet away. He strolled over and placed one mug in front of her and sat down across from her at the small table.

“So…” Bailey interrupted the silence that consumed the two.

Matt replaced his mug to the table before him before looking up at her. “Well you know how I feel,” he started. “I guess we have to decide what you want before we can get anywhere else.”

Bailey nodded and circled the top edge of the mug with her middle finger. She paused for what seemed like an hour to Matt, before she answered, “I guess, I mean, I do still have some feelings for you, Matt. You can’t really fall out of love with someone, you know?” she asked as he nodded his head. “But I’m wondering right now, if these feelings I’m having at this moment, and last night are only lustful feelings that are clouding my judgment,” Matt nodded again, losing some hope.

“I guess what I’m trying to say is, maybe we should get to know each other; it has been five years and all,” Bailey continued. She paused to take a sip of her coffee before setting it carefully back down on the wooden table. She directed her eyes up to meet his and gave him that look to explain she was finished.

Matt replayed the words in his head and considered what she was saying. “Alright, we’ll take time to get to know each other,” he decided after a moment, nodding his head.

“So that’s it?” Bailey asked surprised.

“I guess?” Matt replied.

“It feels like there should be more to this,” Bailey added.

“Yeah it does, but I like this better than yelling,” Matt chuckled.

Bailey chuckled and nodded. “So what are you up to today?” she asked hoping he would want to spend his off day with her.

“What are you doing today Bailey Ann?” he asked with a grin on his face.

Bailey smiled at him, “No band bonding?”

Matt’s grin faltered a little and he shook his head, “No. I want to spend the day with you, not them. I spend too much time with them anyways.”

Bailey felt slightly guilty for bringing up the issue from their past but moved it to the back of her brain and took his calloused hand in hers, playing with his fingers out of habit. “Okay, let’s go then Peter Pan,” she grinned at him and stood.

She stretched and then grabbed their empty coffee mugs and set them in the sink before walking towards the kitchen doorway. “Coming?” she asked peeking her head around the doorway at the still sitting Matt.

“Yeah,” Matt said standing quickly and following her into the living room.

“Did you want to change or anything?” Bailey asked unsure.

“I don’t have any extra clothes, and I’m guessing you don’t,” Bailey shook her head. “These are fine for today.”

Bailey chuckled, “Alright then, I’m going to go take a quick shower and change. Make yourself comfortable,” she smiled at him before walking into her room.

Matt sat down on the couch and turned on the TV not really watching it. He checked his phone and decided to text one of the guys to let them know what his plans were.

I’m hanging out with Bailey today, don’t get arrested.—Matt

Matt got some last night?! Right on dude! Have a greaaaaaaaaaaaaat day (; <3Jacko

Matt shook his head and replaced his phone to his back pocket before twiddling his thumbs. He stood up and wandered around the room glancing at the few pictures that lined the tables and fireplace mantle. He admired the paintings on the wall and soon found himself in Bailey’s room. He walked over to the collage on her wall and looked at photographs of her and Sara, her and her sister, her family, friends, college pictures and so on. His eye caught one, almost hidden, photo and moved the picture of her and her sister to take a closer look. It was a picture of them. He remembered it being taken the day he told her he loved her. He smiled at the memory but was startled from it when the door opened behind him. Bailey walked out in just a towel and wet hair with a slightly red face.

“Oh hey. Whatcha’ doing?” she asked indiscreetly making sure the towel was covering her body.

“Just…looking,” he replied as his eyes wandered over her towel covered body.

Bailey laughed sending butterflies erupting in Matt’s stomach, “Well how about you go look at the TV screen in the other room babe.”

Matt grinned cheekily but followed her directions and closed the door behind him.

Bailey smiled to herself as she dressed thinking about Matt and the butterflies that sprang in her stomach every time she thought about him. ‘I sure could get used to this feeling,’ she thought as she finished blow drying her hair.

Bailey walked out of her room a few minutes later. “Okay, let’s go!” Bailey announced, waking Matt from his day dream.

They walked down the street, opting out of driving, and talked.

“So what are you up to now?” Matt asked.

“I work at this fancy little French resturant as a chef,” Bailey replied shrugging. “I can make some mean escargot,” she chuckled.

Matt chuckled, “Snails?” Bailey nodded with a grin. “That’s disgusting.”

She bumped her hips against him. “Don’t hate what you haven’t tried Peter Pan.”

“No hate, just EW!” Matt yelled.

Bailey stopped walking to clutch her sides in laughter. When she stopped laughing enough to get out a few words she replied, “I can’t believe you just yelled that out!”

Matt laughed with her and then they continued on. As they walked through the increasingly crowded streets, their hands brushed constantly. Without realizing, Matt slipped his fingers into the crevices of her hands and locked their fingers loosely.

Bailey would sigh every time this happened. She unlocked their hands easily without much of a reaction and they continued on. But after the fourth time this happened Bailey stopped, scowled, and told him simply, “Stop.”

“What?” Matt asked.

“Stop trying to hold my hand,” Bailey answered. “It’s so…frustrating!”

Matt stared at her, furrowing his eyebrows in confusion. “Okay, I’m sorry, I didn’t realize I was doing it,” Matt replied. Even if he had realized it, he wouldn’t have done it to frustrate her.

Bailey sighed and nodded, “Okay.”

They continued walking for a minute before Matt muttered, “Why did it frustrate you anyways?”

“What?” Bailey asked turning her head to him.

“Nothing,” Matt quickly replied, rubbing the back of his neck nervously.

Bailey mentally thanked him for not repeating his question. She had heard him but didn’t want to reply. It makes this whole you and me thing so much harder to figure out when you do those little things that drive me crazy, she thought to herself as they walked along.
♠ ♠ ♠
it's crap, i'm sorry

sonya helped me with the end of this. check out her stories here