Mute

The buttons on my phone are worn thin

The last day of the first day of high school has arrived. It was the first day of being a Senior. Girls squealed, while boys tackled each other and growled throughout the hallways. This was the most preppy school ever. The students were all about looking "fabulous." If you weren't a cheerleader, then you didn't fit in. If you didn't play football, then you didn't fit in.

"Here comes the mime!" Someone screamed into my ear, as I walked by. My head stayed low, and I clung onto my books. This year was no different then any other.

Being mute was probably one of the most horrible things in the world. Why I chose not to talk to others, you ask? Well I didn't choose. It just happens. My throat gets tight, and words won't escape my lips. Doctors really didn't understand. Parents didn't understand. I didn't even understand.

Some parts of being mute though were pretty nice. Like not having to answer questions in Math, not having to do plays in English. The worst part of it was. Not being social. Not having any friends or love life. The bullying, and name calling. It sucks.

First class of the day was English My least favorite class, but I couldn't wait til my last class. It was Music, and I loved my teacher. He actually understood me. He didn't make me feel like an outcast. He told me since I couldn't express myself through words then to do it through music.

I took my usual spot at the two people table. Nobody sat next to me. So I got the table to myself. Mr. Boozekke entered the room holding his usual guitar.

"Welcome class to English 3!" He chimed "I think this will be an amazing year."

The classroom door had a light knock, then it slowly opened, and a boy entered the room.

* * * * *

This was the first day at a new school. This should be an awesome day. Becoming a senior should be fun, and exciting. But this was going to be a day full of hell.

Getting kicked out of my old school, forced me to change schools. Luckily near each other. My parents think that quitting my band will help me change my ways. That will make it three times worse then what it really is. I'm nothing without my music.

The over-prepped school made me gag. Nothing more then cheerleaders, football players, and wannabes. Girls were squealing in the hallway hugging their friends. The guys were tackling each other against lockers, and growling?

The office was crammed with kids trying to get there schedule changed. I just needed to actually get my schedule. Kids were gathered at the desk. The lady behind it looked red, and flustered. I push people out of my way, and get to the front of the line. She looked up at me angrily.

"I need my schedule? John O'callaghan."

She types things into the computer, and prints out a paper. She hands it over to me. I take a quick glance, and head to my first class. English.

The teachers name was Mr. Boozekke. The class was easy to find. I enter the classroom. My eyes find a girl with beautiful red hair. She was gorgeous.

"Oh you must be... Mr. O'callaghan. You can take a seat by Cecily." He had salt-and-pepper hair, and glasses. "Cecily will you raise your hand."

The gorgeous girl with the pretty red hair slowly raised her hand. On the inside I cheered happily. This was turning out to be a good school year.