Mute

I've broken all my promises to you.

There was no easy route out of school. When the last bell of the day, the school became crazy. The halls were chaotic. Kids were trampled on a normal base. Usually lingering in a near by locker bank is the safest route. Which is exactly what I did.

My locker was #3009. It was a busted up locker. It was probably the crummiest locker in the whole school. Paint was chipping, and there was a big dent on the top of it. I got on my knees, and twisted the lock. Kids were running with back packs past me. The hallway had cleared quickly. Buses were being loaded up. Kids were getting in their cars, driving home.

I couldn't drive. I never got my license. I didn't really want it. No point, so I don't drive. I walk home. It is a good two-mile walk. Nobody else bothered to walk. They called names out to me when they sped by. I didn't give them the time of day.

I placed my books neatly into my locker. I pulled my jacket on, and swung my hobo on my shoulder. Slamming the locker, and standing up, I realize someone is standing next to me.

John.

"Hey." He spoke to me. It was hard not to talk back, yet it was simply easy. He felt bad for me. This was going to be a pity party. I nodded in his direction.

"Uh well, I was wondering if you wanted a ride home.." He was offering me a ride home? No doubt in my mind now. He felt bad. Quickly I shook my head no, and started walking away.

He reached for my shoulder, and pulled me backwards. It shocked me. I looked at him with angry eyes. We stood, and stared at each other for more then thirty seconds.

"Please let me give you a ride home." He pulled out puppy dog eyes, and a gleaming smile. I sighed in defeat, and nodded yes.

"Awesome."

* * * * *

Mr. Dudanchi laid the horrible news down on top of me. The news wasn't all that horrible though. It wasn't a big deal to me. I still liked her the same. If only she could talk to me. She was nice, from what I could tell. She was different, then all these "barbies."

The last bell had rang, and this was the most crowded school hallway I had ever seen. It was crazy. All the kids were heading in one direction, and it was impossible to go the opposite direction. You would get killed.

All I needed to do was cross the crowded path, so I could be next to the locker banks. I needed to find Cecily. Talk to her possibly. Get to know her. No matter what I needed to find her.

The crowd started thinning, I slowly made my way through the bustling crowd, and on the ground I saw Cecily. She stood up, and threw her hobo over her shoulder.

"Hey." It was hard speaking that one word. I had no idea why either. She nodded in my direction. I yearned to know what she was thinking.

"Uh well, I was wondering if you wanted a ride home.." Where did that come from? She was going to reject me. I could feel the crazy hurting feeling in my stomach. She shook her head no, and walked away.

At first it didn't hit me. She rejected me, then ran? I turned and grabbed her shoulder. She wasn't getting away that easily.

"Please let me give you a ride home." I pulled out puppy dog eyes, and a gleaming smile. She sighed in defeat, and nodded yes.

"Awesome."