Mute

Why do you do this to me?

It had been 2 weeks 3 days 5 hours 47 minutes and 16 seconds since I had last seen John O'callghan.

He hadn't shown up to school, and it was starting to worry me. It was most likely my fault. He had kissed me, and now he wasn't coming to school. Frightened from embarrassment.

Everyday walking into my first hour I start sweating, and start getting anxious. Then when the last bell rings, and he hasn't showed up yet, I get sick, and barely hold tears back.

My grades have dropped a tremendous amount. I don't do my work, I just stare at the wall. Awaiting him to come back to school, but just like every other day no John O'callaghan shows up.

My hopes rose slowly in my last class, thinking maybe he was late to school and missed first hour. But like every other day he didn't show up.

It scared me, it haunted me, it tortures me, and it kills me. Literally.

Having met John O'callaghan the first day of school, it made me feel as if my life had changed. As if maybe, just maybe John was going to help me some strange way. Having that little bit of excitement in my life made me want only more of it. Then he didn't show up, and all faith was lost. I'm more destroyed now then I ever was.

School was over, and again I was left home walking alone the 2 mile walk. Which seemed so short only a few short weeks ago, seemed so long now.

Music was blaring through my headphones. I could feel the presence of other students driving by, but I could not hear them over the screaming voices.

My home was so dark dreary. I stood on my small walkway. Then instead of walking inside I walk to the mailbox. Dreading to see any bills, knowing my family was in horrible debt, and we can barely afford our house.

Instead I spy a small envelope shoved in the very back, and I reach towards it. Ignoring all other mail.

On the front scribbled in ink was none other then my name. Quickly I pull it open, and rip out the solid white piece of paper.

Dear Cecily,

I haven't seen you in two weeks, and its killing me. I know I should be coming to school, but I can't. I just can't. Not after what I did that one day. I know what your thinking, it wasn't the kiss. Your amazing, and I felt like I have known you my whole life. Even though we had only met that one day. Your smiling face made my face tingle, and feel so alive. Like I was only dead before we had met. Maybe you think that I am a stalker or something, and to be honest, I just might be one. When I drive past your house, I can't help but get my hopes up, thinking maybe she will come outside, so I can get a small glimpse of you. Please call me sometimes, or text. Whatever you want, just please, please. Even If I don't get a reply, I will come by your house after school on Thursday. I can't go much longer Cecily.

-John O'callaghan.


My heart filled with excitement, and it felt as if it was beating at million miles per hour. Today was Thursday, it was after school. He would be coming.

I clutch the letter, and squeeze it against my body. I close my eyes, and let the nice breeze hit my face along with the warm sunshine. Then I hear the roar of an engine, and I feel my heart race increase. A car door slams, and I feel the presence of someone near me. I don't dare open my eyes not wanting to see anyone else. Only him.

"Cecily, I- uh I missed you." He pulled me into a huge warm hug. I rested my head on his shoulder, and my head fit perfectly as if we were meant to be. He pulls away and looks in my eyes.

"I really hope I didn't hurt you. Are you mad?" I shake my head furiously. I wasn't mad, I was scared.

"Good. I couldn't live knowing your mad at me." He pulls me back into the big hug. It felt so right, and now I was found. I wasn't lost anymore.

I wasn't lost anymore.

* * * * *

It had been 2 weeks 3 days 5 hours 47 minutes and 16 seconds since I had last seen Cecily Bankuver.

After my encounter with Courtney at the hut, no way could I show up to school. Not only was she a bitch, her boyfriend was one too. We were rivals. I have kicked his ass before, but he gained more muscle and now I'm not so sure.

No contact at all with the outside world was my punishment. My parents thought it was the rudest thing they had ever heard of. After Courtney left she ran to my house crying and 'told on me.'

No doubt my grades dropped. It didn't matter to me. The reason I wanted to go to school was to see Cecily. But since I wasn't going to school any time soon, I was going to talk to her somehow. Not on the phone because she won't talk, so maybe a letter.

I know I had only met her that first day of school, but I felt as if I have known her my whole life. As if we were best friends. More then best friends, lovers perhaps. Before we met my life was gloomy, and meeting her changed everything.

I leap out of my bed. Landing softly on the hard wood floor. Pencils and scattered papers covered the large granite counter. I grab a pencil, and a blank piece of paper.

Dear Cecily,

I haven't seen you in two weeks, and its killing me. I know I should be coming to school, but I can't. I just can't. Not after what I did that one day. I know what your thinking, it wasn't the kiss. Your amazing, and I felt like I have known you my whole life. Even though we had only met that one day. Your smiling face made my face tingle, and feel so alive. Like I was only dead before we had met. Maybe you think that I am a stalker or something, and to be honest, I just might be one. When I drive past your house, I can't help but get my hopes up, thinking maybe she will come outside, so I can get a small glimpse of you. Please call me sometimes, or text. Whatever you want, just please, please. Even If I don't get a reply, I will come by your house after school on Thursday. I can't go much longer Cecily.

-John O'callaghan.


It was done, and it felt good. Now all that was left was to put it into her mailbox. Black mustang flying down Laurence street going over 70, delivering a letter to a girl.

Carefully I shove the small white envelope into the back of the mailbox, hoping she will receive the letter today. There was only one thing that I could do.

Wait. School would be ending in 45 minutes, and it felt like an eternity. So I drive around the block and park my car, then rolling down my windows to take a short nap.

Wind blew through my hair, and it felt really good. My eyelids felt heavy against my eyes, and they eventually covered them completely. Making me drowsy and pass out.

Car horns blared, and kids screamed. The wind picked up, and the sky looked dull. My drowsy eyes look around my car, and the scenery outside of it. Trying to focus on where I am, and why I am here. Then I realize why I am here.

It was 30 minutes after school was out, and I sped back to Cecily's house. My heart tightened, and my mouth watered. She was standing on her sidewalk, head towards the sky. Her hair blew gently in the wind, and it looked so wild. It danced along the sides of her face.

My whole body shakes, and the back of my neck feels sweaty. She lowers her head slightly and opens her eyes. Her piercing green eyes stand out against her pale white skin. Also making her hair look even more vibrant.

"Cecily, I- uh I missed you." I pulled her into a huge warm hug. She rested her head on my shoulder, and her head fit perfectly as if it were meant to be. I pull away and look into her eyes.

"I really hope I didn't hurt you. Are you mad?" She shakes her head furiously. It makes me happier having her wrapped in my arms.

"Good. I couldn't live knowing your mad at me." She smiles at me, and I pull her back into this big romantic hug.

I know I had only met her that first day of school, but I felt as if I have known her my whole life. As if we were best friends. More then best friends, lovers perhaps. Before we met my life was gloomy, and meeting her changed everything. I felt like I was reborn.
♠ ♠ ♠
Recently I have been obsessed with this song
Clickky Here!
Its urmazing. Okay so if you like
feedback. If you don't like then feedback.
So uhmmmmmmmm yeah feedback please =)