Forgotten Fueds

Hogsmeade and First Feelings

The next morning Professor Lupin met up with his assigned students in the entrance hall after breakfast. He was glad to see Harry and Ron waiting for him by the grand staircase.
“Have you seen who we got stuck with?” uttered Ron in sheer horror pointing to the doors of the castle.
Remus chuckled and lightly ruffled Ron’s head of red hair.
“I’m pretty sure that Professor Snape will be delighted to hear how enthusiastic you are about accompanying him and his students to Hogsmeade” laughed Remus.
“Oh yes Remus” said Harry sarcastically “Who wouldn’t want to swoop around Hogsmeade in the Christmas rush with an overgrown bat and a spoilt brat named Malfoy?”
Remus cracked a grin and told them to stop being foolish. Professor Snape was very well thought of among his colleges and his dress sense just shows a vibe of the power he possesses. This earned him a gale of laughter from the two boys and Nearly Headless Nick who was floating on by, probly going off to watch the remaining students eat there lunch.

Outside it was cold and the sky was a brilliant white. Snow clouds drifted over head and snowballs were rocketing through the air. Sitting on a bench easily noticeable from the rest of the people making there way to Hogsmeade was Professor Snape himself. Alongside him sat Draco Malfoy looking as if he was in a foul mood and had just thrown a tantrum.
“Nice of you to arrive fashionably late Lupin” sneered Severus. He wasn’t at all happy about the arrangements. Lupin was more then enough, but when you add Potter and his sidekick to the basket, that’s earning a year’s supply of tickets to St. Mungo’s psychiatric ward.

Draco was as equally annoyed as his Professor. Thanks to the presence of Potter and Weasley none of his friends would go, and Severus certainly wasn’t going by himself with those three so Draco had been dragged along. It was either that or he would get an immediate fail on his next potions exam.
“Is it just the two of you?” Asked Remus.
“Yes, due to unforeseen circumstances Mr Crabb and Mr Goyle couldn’t make it” responded Severus, clearly aiming his reply at the red head and Potter.
Remus, sensing that neither his nor Harry and Ron’s company was wanted, slowed his pace down so as Professor Snape and the Malfoy boy could walk ahead in peace.

As they walked towards the village Remus couldn’t help but stare at Severus with a fixed gaze. He slowly ran his eyes up and down the potions master studying his body movements. Severus walked in long strides, with a straight back and he still had those amazing broad shoulders. Remus remembered that Severus as a teenager was always tall. Very tall, and to this day he still towered over most people. Maybe that’s what made people cower beneath him.
He remembered one incident when he and The Marauders were in there last year of Hogwarts. James had stolen a spell book from Lucius Malfoy and hidden in the bathrooms with it. Remus remembered how Severus had beaten the stall door in with his shoulders. The very way he arched his back and his face frowned in concentration, even though it was something as simple as crashing a door in. He began to wonder what Severus looked like without the mass of dark robes mounted on his body. Did he still have his youthful body? Strong abs, large masculine forearms…
“Lupin!” barked Severus, disturbing him from his imaginative strip tease.

Remus jumped and blushed a crimson colour. He had been so wrapped up in thoughts that he had walked straight into Severus, pressing him against the door of Zonko’s joke shop. His groin area was dangerously close to the potions masters lower back and he had a nasty feeling that if he didn’t step away there would be an unwelcome surprise poking Severus Snape in the butt.

“Do you mind backing away from me!” growled Severus angrily pushing Remus away.
He straightened out his robes and glared at Draco, daring him to say something.

“S-sorry Severus” he apologised quietly, trying to hide his embarrassed tone “I was lost in my own world”
Severus turned away and ushered Draco down in the opposite direction muttering that they would meet them in the Hogs head.
“Remus?” questioned Harry with a smirk “what was that?”
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Twenty minutes later the 5 of them were seated in a corner table in the Hogs Head there cold hands wrapped tightly around bottles of warm butter beer. Silence overtook the situation and Severus took this opportunity to lean back against the wall and close his eyes.
Will this ever end? he asked himself being stuck in Hogsmeade with a werewolf and three hormonal teenagers. Worst of all that stupid Lupin can’t put one foot in front of the other without walking straight into me! What’s he playing at anyway.
Severus frowned at himself and shifted closer to the fire. Trust Albus to make sure that he gets some well earned fresh air in the bloody snow!

“Why not go and buy that set of Quidditch cards Sirius was looking for, Harry?” suggested Remus.
“Yeah, er - come on Ron” Harry agreed understanding what Remus wanted.
“And Mr Malfoy also” continued Remus looking apologetically at Harry and Ron.
“Id rather not” Draco snapped rather defensively edging closer to Severus’ chair. Harry sighed with relief.
“Go Draco” ordered Severus. He was still leaning with his eyes closed against the wall.
Draco opened his mouth to protest but was quickly silenced with a death glare from his Godfather. Scoffing angrily he scraped his chair against the floor and skulked behind Harry and Ron.

Remus sipped on his butter beer and wondered what to say next. It wasn’t exactly easy to come up with a conversation when the person you were trying to converse with hated every living inch of you. Not to mention that he had almost raped Severus up the ass because he was to busy mentally stripping him to watch his step.

“Are you feeling alright Severus?” asked Remus eyeing the figure before him. Snape did look a bit tired and worn out.

“Yes I’m fine. Just a little under the weather” Severus told him in a dull voice. He leaned forward in his chair and looked Remus straight in the eye.

“What about you Lupin?” he asked in a softer tone. “How are you?”

Remus looked a bit surprised and suddenly didn’t know what to say. Severus was actually being civilised towards him. Never in all his life had Severus Snape spoken to him in such a friendly tone. He was expecting some sort of snide remark, or for Snape to have a go at him for nearly killing him all those years back.

“I’m doing well thank you” he half chuckled “That wolfsbane potion is doing me the world of good. Thank you for taking the time to brew it.”

Severus eyed him suspiciously before glancing up at the bar keeper. Roland Wogg, the small red faced barkeeper was standing there waving the bill in front of them. Severus glared at him.

“Are you going to put it on the table?” he growled “or will you be standing there all day tutting at us!”

Roland narrowed his eyes and threw the bill in front of Severus, then stormed into the back area.
Severus reached out to pick up the bit of paper but was shocked to see that his hand connected with something warmer, and more delicate. Looking up he saw Remus staring at him. He had also reached out to collect the bill instantly connecting with Severus.

For a moment, time stood still and both men looked at each other. Each clearly embarrassed at the situation, but for some reason they didn’t pull there hands away. The private moment was broken when the door to the Hogs Head flew open and two teenagers that looked as if they were joined at the hip rolled in the door. They were followed by a third who looked completely fed up and plonked himself into a near by seat, ignoring the fact that a witch was already seated there.
Remus and Severus quickly zoomed back to reality and rushed over to separate Harry and Draco.

“Diffindo” mumbled Severus pointing his wand at the two boys.

They instantly separated, both flying a few feet in the opposite direction and groaning over the impact.
Severus clutched Draco by the scruff of the neck and threw 3 Galleons onto the counter.

“That will be 10 points from Slytherin Mr Malfoy for brawling in public!” he snarled and shoved him out the door.

Remus, like wise pulled Harry angrily from the floor, deducted 10 points from Gryffindor, apologised to the staff and dragged him outside, Ron in pursuit.
They went straight to the castle, both Malfoy and Potter earning themselves a detention with both Professors the next night.

My main reason for putting the story up here is so I can delete it from my saved files and always have it safe here, just in case