Fighting Words

Fighting Words

"C'mon darlin', you think you can beat me?" Logan smirked at me as we circled one another in the Danger Room.
"Oh, I think I do." I formed the fire in my palms, not shifting my concentration to anything but him. I quickly side-stepped over a branch and he did the same, mimicking my every move. "You know, Logan, we can't do this forever. Besides, this jungle scene is getting to me." I stepped forward, closing the gap.
"Okay then, Chloe, let's do this." And with a quick scinkt, blades cut through his skin to reveal nine inches of pure adamantium claws. He lunged forward, knocking me on my back, but I kicked him off, sending him into a tree. I quickly got up and used my telepathy to throw a boulder at him, but he ducked just in time.
"Whoa! Not so hard, will ya!"
"Damn!" I yelled and lunged back at him. He side-stepped again and cut my side, ripping my shirt and made a cut deep enough to make me bleed. I morphed and disappeared, fixing my cut. He couldn't see me so I took this opportunity to sneak up behind him. In the heat of the battle, I forgot about his powers as well. I'm such a dumbass. He spun around and ended up clawing my face, making me re-appear. I fell back and glared up at him, healing myself.
"You're a bastard, you know that?"
"Old news, babe." He held a hand out but I flipped up and punched him in the face, his head off to the side. That's right, punched him in the face!
"One more thing to learn, Logan." I brushed off my arms. "Just because you're sexy doesn't mean you can call me 'babe.' Now I have to get a new shirt!" I tapped his chest and smirked at him before walking out of the Danger Room, the walls and atmosphere going back to it's normal, dull self. Logan massaged his jaw and watched me walk out the door. He smiled.
"Sexy am I?"
I sat at my desk in my room to take breather, still wondering why I even said that to Logan. He always seemed to be so cocky and wild, but then he also had that sophisticated, modest side. He often surprised me with his knowledge of science and history and even shocking me with his martial arts and cursing at me in Japanese. I tried to drown out his voice from my memory by putting in my earbuds and cranking up the volume to a height where others didn't matter, but my hearing wouldn't be screwed. I put my feet up on the desk and closed my eyes, trying to lull it over. I was too held up in my thinking to hear the door open and close. Suddenly the music stopped and I fell to the floor. My ears rang from the sudden stopping of rock music.
"You know, if you keep listening to those to high, you'll be deaf before you're forty." I looked up and saw Logan from an upside-down view bending over me. I flipped up and stood up straight, just coming to his eyes.
"And do YOU know that I'm over a hundred years old? Talk about a learning experience today, hm?" I smiled and jumped into my bed. "So Logan, what brings you to my humble abode? Fixing for a rematch?" I picked up a magazine and pretended that I didn't care. I heard him growl like he could take me on.
"Actually, Miss Priss, I wanted to take you to dinner tonight." He breathed. My eyes shot up from behind the magazine and I scanned his face, looking for any sign of sarcasm. When I found none, I put down the magazine and kneeled on the edge of the bed, getting ever so close to his body, staring into his eyes.
"Wow, Mr. Wolverine, you're acually serious. Just ten minutes ago, you almost cut my head off. Hell, just ten seconds ago, you called me that ever so sweet nickname you gave me." I rose an eyebrow and put my hands on my hips. "Has my opponent finally given in?" I smiled. Without missing a beat, he closed that small gap of three inches and kissed me. I weaved my fingers into his belt loops and pulled him closer as he put his hands into my back pockets. It was only for a second, but it felt like eternity. [me: HAHA, how corny:P] He moved away and smiled at my lips.
"I like to think of it as giving in to instinct, wouldn't you say babe?" I smiled back and smacked him in the back of the head.
"And you need to stop being so cocky." I wrapped my arms around his neck, met his lips with mine, and fell back on the bed, taking him with me. We didn't make it to dinner, but we did make something that night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, this is kinda corny. XD
This was from my old site, and I just wanted to post something up.
It's pretty mediocre to me, actually.
But I hope you like it anyway!
Thank you.