Layla.

Layla - part seven.

I stared emotionlessly at the man who stood in front of me and layla.
The phone laid open on the floor, and I glanced down to read over the text message I sent Matthew.

“Help us. We’re in the closet. Someone’s in the appartment.” The man mimicked my writted words.

I looked up to his face to glare.
“Matthew?”

The shocking realization was looking right back at me in the eyes.
“Yes?” He smiled, c0ckily.
“How....how could you?” I barely said above a whisper.

“Like this.” He said, stepping forward and pulling Layla out from my grasp.
I fought to keep her with me, but I didnt want to hurt her by pulling on her fragile arms.
Mathew evidently didn’t care.

“You see, Gemma, sometimes there’s no line between a good and bad guy. Sometimes, they appear to be one way, then are the complete opposite....and sometimes, proclaimed “innocent people” He said gesturing with his fingers when saying “innocent”.
”...They get involved with things they shouldn’t, and....then we have to take care of them.”

As soon as he finished a pair of hands flew around my mouth, in the intention to put me to sleep, with a wet cloth soaked in some form of an anesthetic.

I didn’t struggle.
I knew there was no sense in doing that.
I justwatched as he passed Layla onto a man behind him, and listened to her cry through blurry eyes.

“And it’s such a shame...” He continued.
“You almost convinced me not to hurt you....but like the saying goes “the show must go on,” and hun, you’re my next big paycheck.”
He finished and I finally passed out, as the man behind me let go, and I fell limply on the cold hard-wood floor.