The Fiddler.

The Fiddler - part three.

Sunlight poured in my eyes, forcing me to wake up from the sleep I fought countless times to get out of.
The place I was in was dark, but the light dispersing from the blinds were just enough to let me examine the room. It was bare, but homely, none-the-less.
I was sleeping on a four-poster bed with lavender sheets. I remembered last night, the faint smell of cologne on them.
Other than the bed, nothing really stood out to me in the room. There was a fireplace, a table, and pictures hung on the wall. Then, a pair of boots were laid by the door. This was, evidently, the house of a man.
That’s when it all came back to me. The wedding...The embarrassment, gosh, won’t live that down…
And that man. My eyes grew wide in excitement. This was probably his house.
I walked over to the boots. A thin black dust covered the once pale brown color of them. Coal?
In that instance, the door flew open, hitting me on the head and knocking me off of my kneeling position.
“Oh, god...” I heard a man say from the doorway as I clutched on my head.
“It’s okay. I shouldn’t have been there.” I said grabbing the hand he held out for me.
“You sure have a way of falling down.” He laughed.
His laugh is what made me glance up at him. The same heartily laugh in the church.
“Um...” I said, letting my hand drop from my head, as I stared into his eyes.
He smiled, but lost it quickly.
“Are you okay? Do you feel like you’re going to faint again? Come, sit down” He rambled, placing me on a chair that was near the table.
“I’ll...” he began and then stopped once he looked into my eyes. “I’ll get you a glass of water okay.”
As soon as he left the room, I raced towards my bag that I saw he placed with my other belonging, below the bed.
Shakily, I got out my phone and began dialing a familiar number.
“Hello?” Someone answered on the other line.
“Daddy?”
“Oh, Violet. Where are you, darling? The hotel called last night to tell me you didn’t check in. Is that true?”
“I fainted...” I began telling a story my dad would laugh at me for.
“Fainted?” He laughed. “And let me guess, some kind gentlemen took you to their place “to help you get better“?”
My father knew me all too well. “Um, yeah.” I gulped.
“Is he indecent, my dear? Do I need to send security?”
I shook my head, thinking he could see me on the other line.
“Say yes or no. Don’t make head gestures. I can’t see you, Violet.” He laughed once again.
This finally made me laugh a little. “ No, daddy. Can you just send a cab...”
“To where, dear?”
Just then, the man walked through the door, holding two gasses of water.
“Um, wait, daddy.” I commanded, moving my mouth away from the phone. “Where am I?”
The man looked at me quizzically.
“At my house?”
“No. no...I mean address.”
“Oh. 213 Birksley Drive.”
“214 Birksley Drive” I repeated to my father. The man laughed.
“No..213.”
“Oh.” I blushed. “213”
“Okay, dear, I’ll have someone come. Please, don’t get yourself into too much trouble.”
I laughed. “Okay, Daddy. Goodbye. I love you.”
“I love you, too, dear.” He sighed, hanging up the phone.
Now, it was just me and the mystery guy.
“Hey..” I began.
“Hm?”
“What’s your name?”
This brought his attention back to my eyes and away from the floor-boards.
“Zach”
“Is that short for Zachary? Just wondering...” I questioned, biting my lip and feeling slightly annoying.
“Yes, it is”
“I like “Zachary”.” I smiled and he laughed.
“Your name?”
“Eilet”
“Is that short for something?” He said, mimicking me.
“Why, yes, it is. Violet.”
“Well, I like “Violet”.”
That made me blush.
He handed me the glass of water and held this look on his face where I knew he wanted to ask something.
“Can I examine your head? You’ve hit it twice.” He stated.
I nodded, shyly.
His rough looking hands, touched me so gently as if I were porcelain he didn’t want to break.
Meanwhile, I couldn’t help but stare at his face.
He was tan, I assumed from working, and his cheekbones were so highly defined that you knew he was strong from just looking at them. I read once, in my books, that high cheekbones determined high intelligence.
His hair was a shaggy dark brown, almost black like his eyes.
And, once again, I was brought to thinking about his eyes…
He stopped looking at my head, and looked into my eyes. We both just sat there for what seemed like hours, looking into each other.
Then, without further warning, my body moved forward, and our lips met briefly.
That was all I needed, I thought, to feel them once.
But I was wrong.
One touch left the both of us lingering for more, and after a few seconds hesitation I jumped forward wrapping my arms around his neck and caressed his lips again with mine.
The kiss seemed to last for hours.
Usually, I wouldn’t do this with a complete stranger. But he seemed so different. Something just seemed right.
We backed up until we reached the bed, where we toppled over on.
Both of our hands wandered up and down each other, like exploring an entirely new world.
And then the doorbell rang.
Both of us stopped in that instant, breathless, and just starred into each other’s eyes.
The doorbell rang again.
Zachary rolled his eyes and yelled, “coming!” while racing out of the room.
He came back, momentarily, announcing my driver was here.
I frowned, and looked back into those eyes I seemed to fall for every time I looked into them...literally.
My driver stood at the doorway, checking his watch, and I walked towards him, only to be grabbed by Zachary on my way there.
“One more..” He whispered into my ear, and I turned around putting both hands on the sides of his face, and kissed him one last time.
This time, it was only a simple kiss, but we let it linger just long enough so that our lips tingled afterwards and they parted so slowly.
I stared into his chocolate and whispered, “Bye” as the chauffer grabbed my belongings and I raced out the door, hoping to get him off my mind.
But all the way home, the only thing I could think of was Zachary.
His name played over and over in my head like a new hit on the radio.
And his eyes burned it my mind and soul.
Though, it was everything I was against and I debated many times in my mind that it couldn’t have happened…
I just fell in love with a stranger.