Status: Completed

I'm Marrying A Halfblooded Vampire.

They sold me off.

"Thank you so much guys!" I said with a huge grin plastered on my face, as I hugged my girls goodbye outside my penthouse.

"You said that for the millionth time already. We get it babe. We're just glad you enjoyed yourself." Lorraine smiled and let go.

Hermione had booked the entire hangout cafe for the night and invited all our friends for my 18th birthday party today. It was a crazy night and there was just so much fun and laughter going around. The DJ was great with his mixes and the ambiance was just overwhelming. There was even a huge ice-cream bowl with candles to replace my birthday cake.

I smiled as I watched the Mazda drove off and skipped into the house. Only to greet my parents in the lounge.

"Happy Birthday Tyanne." My mom smiled and ushered me to sit with them.

"Sweetheart, Happy Birthday." Dad hugged me, and handed me a pink envelope containing a sum of money,which usually is a huge sum. He stopped giving me gifts since I was 14 and decided to give me money to buy what I wanted.

"Thank you, Daddy." I cuddled him, "I'm beat , I'll go take a shower now ."

"Umm , Sweetheart , we need to talk." Mom suddenly said, in a serious tone.
Shocked, I settled myself down on the couch comfortably, waiting for her to say what she wanted to. However, there was a dreaded look on her face, and when she did not start, I felt something amiss.
I did not like it one bit, feeling something bad coming when Mom starts to talk like that.
I had a strong feeling it was either going to be one of those lectures of being a responsible adult or it was going to be the breaking of some unpleasant news.

Just what I need on my 18th birthday.

"I'm listening." I said as I studied my mum's face carefully. She looked like she was crestfallen and that only meant there was unpleasant news. My heart sank and palpitated as the suspense was unbearable.

"Mommy, what happened?" I asked and urge her to continue before I jumped to ugly conclusions since, that was one of my specialties.

"Sweetheart, back when you were four, our company faced a financial crisis. We only got through that thanks to a rich organization, who was willing to help us overcome that. He even helped extended our company into chains. We are only at where we are, because of him and his loving wife." Mom started.

"I'm following. Point is?" I asked confused. Where do I come in, in this picture?

"Well, the boss of the company offered financial assistance then, upon an agreement." Dad continued,"He knew we had a daughter, and he had a son two years older than you are."

"The agreement was, that when you turn 18, you would have to, be married to him. We decided it was best, since we're so indebted to him. Honey, please understand." Mom finally said.

Adrenaline rushed to my head. I thought I was dreaming and pinched my forearm.
But the fact remains, most bad happenings tend to end up being reality and this was no dream. I felt dizzy as I tried to process the things in my head. Yet it was plain useless as my thoughts were screaming and my whole mind even my body was protesting! My rage got stronger as I think of being married off and anger starts to build up knowing that it was done for the company and my feelings were not even considered right from the beginning.

Did my parents somewhat sold me off?
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, this chapter was re-edited and posted again (:
I'm really hoping this story would capture many readers (:

Do comment and tell me what you think!

Love, Sara.
XOXO