Status: Okay, I've gotten back into writing on this story, finally. It took me a little while to calm down and think, so now I'm hoping to bring chapters that I'm proud of.(:

They Call Her Love

Chapter 10

The sun was just about to go down as the first group of party patrons showed up. My candles decorated each table of food, with individual candles sitting on each table, lit. I had misplaced Mason while getting everything set up for Mrs. Musso, so I stood alone, looking at the large moon and the many stars in the sky. I felt an abrupt kiss to my cheek, and turned to see him, standing there with a single rose. I smiled as he spoke.

"Um, I have something to tell you," he said, once everyone there had his attention. He kneeled on one knee and pulled out a small box. I was overwhelmed.

"Will you promise to marry me?" He said, opening the box and showing me the promise ring. I smiled, and nodded yes as he slipped the ring on my finger and hugged me. Everyone started clapping and smiling.

"Now we have to go on a promise honeymoon," He said, smiling. I chucked as Mrs. Musso came over and hugged me.

"He obviously couldn't wait any longer could he?" I asked, smiling.

"He's like his father," She turned and looked at her son, who was already entertained by a small dog a friend of his dad brought,"That and he got his short attention span from his father also."

I smiled and nodded my head in agreement as she went to tend to the guests. I looked over at my old house and smiled, looking at where I was now and realized that I never thought I'd get this far. That house has been my restraint, that truck has been my judge, my father has been my baliff. Now I had nothing holding me back, nothing holding me down. And it felt good.

I stayed at Mason's that entire night, thankful that my father was out of my life. After the party ended I went back into my room and took a shower and put on a pair of green pajama pants and a white tank top and sat on my bed, indian style. I found a picture of Mason and decided that it would be perfect.

I took scissors and carefully cut a heart around his head and placed it inside the necklace my mother had given me before she left. Him and my mother would always be held close to my heart. Always.

As I looked at the locket, I was interrupted by Mason coming in through the closed door to my room. He was in his plaid pajama pants and had a white teeshirt on with the Beatles on the front. I smiled up at him as I slid the locket under my leg. I didn't want him to see yet. I put the picture in there for me, now that I've realized that getting away from my dad was the best thing I could've ever done with my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short and Sweet?