Status: Okay, I've gotten back into writing on this story, finally. It took me a little while to calm down and think, so now I'm hoping to bring chapters that I'm proud of.(:

They Call Her Love

Chapter 4

I walked across the road and walked up the stairs to what you could call my home.

I jogged up the stairs inside the house, running to the bathroom. I washed the makeup off my face and brushed my hair. I got all the shards out, then ran across the hall to my room to get a nice dress, so I could make a good impression. It was nearing the end of summer, so I decided to get a sundress.

I ended up wearing a polka dot dress, which I thought looked pretty nice. I wore the worn locket my mother gave me before she left.
It was silver, and shaped like a heart. It had an old picture of her, then a blank spot for me to put a picture of a person I loved. I could tell you now my cold hearted father would never be in that spot.
His body was inhabited by a swarm of evil bugs. No matter how many times you sqashed them, they kept returning to no avail.
The annoying sound of the water dripping constantly from the sink began to soothe my anger, my grasp on the straightener loosed. I then thought it would be nice to make something to take next door, so I ran down the stairs and made some muffins. Then, it took about 2 hours to make everything.
I walked across the street, noticing some cars were there. I walked to the front door, Mason anwsering.
"Annabelle!" He said, grasping me in a tight embrace. I hugged him back, for he was my only friend.
"I made muffins. I felt bad that I didn't finish getting ready early enough to come help set up," I said, looking over at the groups of people talking in the backyard. He smiled, and a chuckle escaped his lips.
"Well thanks for the muffins," He said, taking them gently from my hands. His hand brushed against mine, and we made quick eye contact. He smiled.
"Follow me," He said, walking towards what I supposed was the back door. He took the muffins to his mother, then to my surprise, walked back into the house. I shot him a questioning look, then followed him down some stairs.
We let out at a vast open space, with only a couch, two reclining chairs, a bean bag chair and a big flat screen, with gaming systems packed neatly on a shelf.
"Welcome to the hangout," He said smiling.
There were people all around, four other guys, me being the only girl.
All the guys' jaws dropped to the floor.
"Mason, can we talk to you?"
"Sure, go ahead and start talking, because hopefully whatever you have to say Annabelle can hear," Mason said, being protective over me.
I don't see why he was so protective over me, it was stupid to just keep fooling me. I don't like to think of him this way, but maybe it was an act, maybe he thought I was easy because I'm such an ''outcast''.
"Um, it's about my guy problems," A black haired boy said. He severly needed a trim, the dead ends protruding out of his head.
"Annabelle you can go ahead and sit down, excuse me," Mason said, leading the boy out of the room, the other two in the room glaring over at me.
Mason's POV
Trace led me out of the room and out of earshot. I don't know what was so damn important that he wouldn't let Annabelle hear.
"Mason, you may not know this, since you're new and all, but no one talks to Annabelle. She has no friends and everyone hates her. You're skating on thin ice even sitting next to her in Algebra. Everyone knows that she's different, and nobody ever wants to know how," he said. My fists clenched and unclenched.
"Trace, I don't know who the fuck you are to tell me who I can and can't see and even sit next to! She's a sweet girl, and if you don't support of me being friends with her, then you and your group can get the fuck out and I'll spend time with her instead." I said, then walking down the stairs. Annabelle looked uncomfortable because of the hatred pouring out of the other guys' eyes.
"Come on guys, lets go," Trace said, leaving the house.
I didn't plan on telling Annabelle what Trace had said, because she already knew what was running through their heads.
"Why don't you just tell me to leave, and you can have actual friends who are normal?" She asked me, obviously sad.
"Because I want to get to know you. I don't give a damn what Trace likes, because I want to get to know you," I said, truthfully, thinking she'd open up a little. She blushed and I smiled.
"Do ya wanna have a movie night? Spend the night here and watch movies and get to know each other all night?"
"Sure, I'll go over and get my stuff," She said smiling. It was nice to know that I made her smile.