Status: Hiatus

A Pirate's Love for a Hangman's Noose

Elias

Elias ran towards the ship intent on asking his captain if this boy could come aboard. For no reason Elias could explain he felt as though this boy needed help, that he needed to be kept close. This mysterious Jay boy was after something and Elias would be damned if he wasn't going to find out what.

Elias ran onto the ship ignoring the men cleaning the deck. He ran straight to the main cabin and slammed open the door. Elias entered the cabin looking around and discovering nothing but slightly dusty books and a perfectly clean desk. The door suddenly slammed shut behind him and he was pushed against the desk. A knife was slammed into the wood beside his face as a man growled into his ear questioning his motives for disturbing the captain of the ship. Elias refused to answer and the knife was pulled from the wood. The shadow of a man was shown on the wall, a knife raised above his head.

"Uncle Matt I will tell my father you are fucking his wife if you don't cut it out," Elias growled.

The knife fell back into the wood as the man released Elias with a deep chuckle. Elias pushed himself off the desk and turned around to face his uncle. Matt grinned at him and gently hit him in the arm

"You're father wouldn't believe I was fucking his wife. He makes sure she never has time to fuck anybody else but him, barely lets her out of bed to do any work around the house" Matt laughed.

"You are a sick man," Elias said screwing his face up at the thought of his parents going at it all day.

"You know it's true," Matt laughed at his young nephew.

"Where is the captain?" Elias said changing the conversation.

"I believe he went into the town," Matt replied. "Why?"

"I need to talk to him," Elias responded. "It's important. Why did he go into town? He never goes into the towns."

"He is looking for someone," Matt informed the curious young man.

"Looking for who?" Elias questioned.

"I don't believe it's my place to say," Matt told him. "You'll have to ask him yourself."

"Well you can bet that I will," Elias said. "Where in town would he be going?"

"Not certain. He left without saying much."

"He just took off? That's not like him."

"I am aware of how are captain is. I believe I've known him a lot longer than you have."

"He's my father's best friend, I believe I know him well enough to say things like that."

"You are starting to sound like a girl," Matt laughed.

"Shut up," Elias growled as he left the cabin.

"So what do you need to speak with the captain about?" Matt asked following the young boy out of the cabin.

"I have someone interested in joining the crew," Elias said.

"You found someone interested in joining the crew?" Matt asked. "Where do you and the others go?"

"We made our way into one of the bars," Elias answered. "Before you start treating me like a kid we weren't drinking. We were just watching. This boy came up to us and asked if we knew about pirates. He wants a job on the ship."

"And why do you feel the need to go to all this trouble to get him one?" Matt questioned.

"I'm not sure, but I feel like he needs help. He needs to get out of this town for some reason. I don't know why but I will find out," Elias stated with confidence.

"Alright, bring the boy here. I'll talk to the captain when he comes back and explain everything," Matt responded.

"Thank you Matt," Elias said.

"Go get him. He will stay with you and the others. He will also be helping you all with everything, starting with cleaning Zacky tomorrow," Matt responded.

"Helping Zacky?" Elias whined. "Why?"

"Because I said so," Matt responded. "Now go."

Elias grumbled under his breath as he left the ship. He ran towards the small bar and was greeted with the sight of a huge fight. Pushing he was through the crowd of drunken men he finally reached the table he left Jacob, Markus and Jay at. The boys were watching in amusement at the sight before them.

"What happened?" Elias asked out of breath from the run.

"Jay here wanted a drink, the guy wouldn't give him one so he punched some random dude and chaos broke out," Jacob laughed. "It was amazing."

"Yeah, you really missed it," Markus said. "I think he will fit in just fine with us."

"Seems he will," Elias said as he looked over at his new friend.

"Did you talk to the captain?" Jay asked.

"You have a place on our ship," Elias smirked. "Congratulations."

Jay smiled widely at the boys. Finally the search would be able to start. He raised his glass and clinked them together with the other boys. They downed their beer and slammed the glasses on the table.

"Well boys, we should head out of here," Jacob said. "We should get the baby to bed."

"Shut up," Jay said and whacked Jacob across the head.

"Come on you two," Markus laughed and stood up pushing Elias out of the way. "I'm ready to get out of this town."

"I agree," Jay said and left the booth.

Together they entered the night on their way to a new adventure. Each searching for something, though none of them knowing what. With the night as cover the new friends were going to discover just how cruel life can be and how pretty the sunsets that start them are.