She's Not the Only One Who Can Love You

Enlighted To Love

Name: Annaleigh Solease
Appearance: Black hair, blue eyes (topaz later), 5’6, developed body
Personality: Outgoing, loves to laugh, loves guitars
Race: Vampire

I, Annaleigh Valencia Solease, am 87 years old. I was born in 1905 and I had a pretty good life; good friends, good grades, good boyfriend, and a good family. My father owned an art museum and I was in my junior year in high school. After graduation I was going to become a musician because I loved to play my guitar and my friends loved to hear me play. My father didn’t approve of my career choice, but there was nothing that would change my mind, nothing but what happened on December 23, 1922.

It was the day after my 17th birthday and I was finishing up on some last minute Christmas shopping. As I walked though the business Paris streets I saw this little boutique that had just opened. “I can definitely find Mom’s present there,” I say to myself as I go into the shop. By the time I was done it was late. The once crowded city streets were dark and empty. “Darn, how long was I in there?” I ask shaking my head. I guessed I liked shopping a little too much. I wished I had brought my brother Lucas along. As I made my way home I heard something behind me. I quickly turn around and find nothing. When I turned back around I came face to face with a blond-haired, pale man. I screamed and fell down. He was tall and very muscular. He was gorgeous. The thing that scared me was his blood red eyes. “No need to be afraid, I won’t hurt you, love,” he says in almost seductive voice. “Leave me alone,” I say backing away.

When I got up and tried to run away he appears in front of me. “What are you,” I ask scared for my life. “You’ll find out in a few seconds,” he says in my ear. “What do you mean?” I ask in a shaky voice. As if to answer my question he moves my head to the side and sinks his teeth into my neck. “Vampire,” I whimper before screaming. It felt like my body was on fire, like acid was running through my veins. I fell to the ground and thrive in pain. Before my attacker could pick me up I heard voices. I couldn’t see who it was because my vision was blurred by tears. “Don’t touch her,” a voice says. “Or what?” the voice of my attacker hissed. “Or we’ll rip you to streads,” a different velvet voice answers. I’m guessing they fought based on the sounds. A few minutes later the ruckus ended. I would have loved to thank my rescuers but I couldn’t even form words. I was in so much pain. I hear a scream that was probably mine. “It’s too late Carlisle, the venom has already spread,” that velvet says. “We’ll bring her with us,” the other voice says. That’s how I met Edward and Carlisle Cullen.

I stayed with them and traveled all over keeping the secret that I was now a part of. I was a vampire. The red eyes freaked me out, but they became topaz eventually because we didn’t feed on humans. Soon we started adding on to the family. First was Esme, who ended up being Carlisle’s mate. Then we found Rosalie. She was meant to Edward’s mate, but that didn’t happen. Then Rosalie found her mate, Emmett. Finally Alice and Jasper came to us, each with their own ability. So, everyone had a mate but Edward and I. Men, both vampire and human, expressed in me but none of them caught my eye. Everyone in the family hoped something would blossom between Edward and me, but it didn’t happen; at least not for him because he only saw me as his best friend. I, on the other hand, ended up falling for him, but I knew he didn’t feel the same.

Then Bella came to Forks and everything changed. She was his singer and he was obsessed with her. He spent all his free time watching after her, and he even snuck into her room every night. Soon they fell in love and began dating, to both Rosalie and my dislike. I was nothing but nice to her for Edward’s sake. The James situation was crazy enough, but when Jasper almost killed Bella was had to leave. After she had saved Edward from Italy we came home. Everything was back to normal until Victoria came back. I fought to save Bella only because I knew it would break Edward if she had been killed. I know you make thing I’m not nice, but how would you feel if you loved somebody for 70 years and somebody just came along and took them away. Not only that but I had lost my best friend because he spent all his time with or worrying about her.

After the battle Edward and Bella got engaged. Yippee. I began to wonder why everyone could find someone but me. A week before the wedding something unexpected happened; Bella left Edward for her best friend Jacob. It’s been two weeks since then and Edward is still heartbroken. He wouldn’t talk to anyone. I felt really bad for him. “Is there anything we can do,” Alice asks as the family gathered in the living room minus Edward. “He won’t let me help,” Jasper says in a defeated tone. “You have to be able to do something Anna you’re his best friend,” Emmett says. “Only time can heal his heart. I can’t do anything if he won’t let me in,” I respond. Alice gets that look on her face. “What’d you see this time?” Emmett asks her. Her face returns to normal before she speaks. “Edward is gonna be just fine,” she says while smiling at me. “Why are you looking at me like that Ali?” I say annoyed. Jasper and Emmett catch on and smile at me too. Soon the whole family was smiling at me. “You people are freaking me out,” I say before getting up and running up the stairs.

“Guess I’ll try to pay Ed a visit,” I say to myself knowing it was no use. “Edward,” I say knocking on the door. No answer. I sigh and open it anyway. He was sitting on his black leather couch looking out the window. “Look Ed I know you’re upset, but you got to get over it bud”. Nothing. “Well if you want to talk I’m here for you,” I say before turning and leaving. “She’s not the only one who can love you,” I whisper walking down the hall. He probably didn’t hear that because he’s lost in la la land. I thought to myself. I go to my room and plop down on my bed. I grab my guitar from it stand and start to sing and play Hate That I love you.

That's how much I love you
That's how much I need you
And I can't stand you
Must everything you do make me wanna smile
Can I not like you for awhile? (No....)

But you won't let me
You upset me girl
And then you kiss my lips
All of a sudden I forget (that I was upset)
Can't remember what you did

But I hate it...
You know exactly what to do
So that I can't stay mad at you
For too long that's wrong

But I hate it
You know exactly how to touch
So that I don't want to fuss.. and fight no more
Said I despise that I adore you

And I hate how much I love you boy (yeah...)
I can't stand how much I need you (I need you...)
And I hate how much I love you boy (oh whoa..)
But I just can't let you go
and I hate that I love you so (oh...)

you completely know the power that you have
the only one makes me laugh

Said it's not fair
how you take advantage of the fact
That I... love you beyond the reason why
and it just ain't right

I stopped playing when I noticed Edward standing in my doorway. “Nice song,” he says. “Wow, he can talk,” I say shaking my head. He just looks at me. “I’m kidding, thanks,” I say. “Can I play with you?” he asks. It was now that I realized that through all these years I had never played with or in front of Edward. “That’d be nice,” I say getting up. I follow him downstairs. When we got there Alice smiles at us. “Shut it Ali,” I say glaring at her. Edward gave me a confused look because he was thinking about Bella so much that he had missed her vision. Ignore her. I thought. As he sat at the piano the others left the room. I would definitely get my revenge later. I grab a chair and sit next to the bench. “What should we play?” he asked. “Um…have you heard Bubbly by Colbie Caillat?” I ask. “Yea,” he says. We start playing and then I sang the words.

I've been awake for a while now
You've got me feelin' like a child now
'Cause every time I see your bubbly face
I get the tingles in a silly place

And it starts in my toes
And I crinkle my nose
Wherever it goes
I always know
That you make me smile
Please stay for a while now
Just take your time
Wherever you go

The rain is falling on my window pane
But we are hiding in a safer place
Under covers staying dry and warm
You give me feelings that I adore

And it starts in my toes
Makes me crinkle my nose
Wherever it goes
I always know
That you make me smile
Please stay for a while now
Just take your time
Wherever you go

What am I gonna say
When you make me feel this way
I just mmmmm

As I sang I closed my eyes and thought of how I feel around Edward.

And they start in my toes
Makes me crinkle my nose
Wherever it goes
I always know
That you make me smile
Please stay for a while now
Just take your time
Wherever you go

The way he made me feels warm even though I was cold,

I've been asleep for a while now
you tuck me in just like a child now
'Cause every time you hold me in your arms
I'm comfortable enough to feel your warmth

The way he made me smile, the way he made me feel…well bubbly, how ironic!

And it starts in my soul
And I lose all control
When you kiss my nose
The feeling shows
'cause you make me smile baby
Just take your time now
Holdin' me tight

I shake my head to make those thoughts go away because no matter how much I love him he would be deeply in love with Bella.

Wherever. Wherever. Wherever you go
wherever. Wherever. wherever you go

wherever you go
I always know
'Cause you make me smile
Even just for a while

After the song was over I didn’t want to open my eyes because I now realized that he heard my thoughts. He had heard my true feelings for him. If Jasper was here he would feel my embarrassment. Oh dammit, did it again…Oh man…okay stop! I yelled in my head. I was being so dumb. “Annaleigh,” I heard. I refused to respond or open my eyes. “Annaleigh, please,” he pleaded. I felt his hand on my cheek. My eyes shot open and I stared at him. “You have a beautiful voice,” he says. “Yea I-I’ve been told that,” I say dully. I knew he saw and heard my thoughts but he disregarded them as if he hadn’t. I look out the window not wanting him to see my emotions in my eyes. Things were silent until he spoke, “So I make you feel bubbly?”He asked. I turned back to look at him with a shocked expression. “I-I uh”. I was at a total losing. He chuckles and grabbed my hands in his. “It’s okay Anna. You’ve made things very clear. I thought Bella was the one, but as a very beautiful girl said and I quote “Bella’s not the only one who can love you” end quote. So Anna answer me this, who else can love me?”He says looking straight into my eyes. Wow, now is my chance. Spit it out moron!! “M-me,” I say. “That’s good to know because I love you Annaleigh,” he says before kissing me. This is the moment I’ve been waiting half a century for and it’s amazing. We finally part and we both smile. “I hate that I love you, but you make feel bubbly, I say shrugging. Edward chuckles and kisses me again. “I knew it!” Alice yells dancing into the room. Payback time. “Come here dearest sister,” I say getting up from my chair. “Why are you looking at me like that, Annaleigh?”
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you like it.
Hate That I love you-Rihanna
Bubbly-Colbie Calliat