Deliberate Distractions

Chapter One.

“No,” Jean and Logan stopped mid-stride and glanced at one another, hearing the sound of Scott Summers gasping out in pure anger, they hadn’t heard him that mad in a very long time. Since last time Logan stole his bike and it was half the volume of his tone that he used then. “Are you sure, professor?”

“Yes, Scott. She has indeed wed Victor,” the professors’ strong voice wasn’t loud but stern; he was trying to calm Scott with his tone of voice. But it didn’t seem to help the young man who looked like he would spontaneously combust at any point.

“Are you really sure? I—she would have told me, Charles, I’m sure of it. She wouldn’t just go and marry someone, him for that matter just—“Scott suddenly stopped speaking and silence ensued until Jean and Logan strolled into Xavier’s office.

“Scott?” Jean asked hesitantly as she made her way across the room to put a comforting hand on her husbands’ shoulder. “Scott, what’s happened?”

Logan furrowed his eyebrows tightly before joining Jean beside Scott. He had to lean down a bit to get a good glimpse of Scott’s face, and when he had—he only saw tears. “Cyk?” Logan called out—in concern for his fellow X-Man. “Hey…”

“Shannyn,” Scott muttered and gasped for air. “She…” He slightly collapsed to the floor, but Logan was there just in the nick of time to catch him.

“Whoa,” Logan muttered as he lifted Scott to his feet. Logan lifted Scott off the floor and set him to a chair. Scott hid his face in his hands and cried softly. “Hey…Summers…what’s…”

“Shannyn…” Scott muttered again, but shook his head—stopping himself. “What about ‘er?” Logan asked and glanced at Jean before returning his attention back at Scott. Scott hadn’t replied for a few moments. “Summers—“

“She married,” he choked. He hesitated before looking into Logan’s hazel eyes. “She married Creed.”

“Victor Creed?” Logan didn’t need to say it; he already knew what Creed he was talking about. “Your sister, married Victor Creed—Sabretooth.”

“Yes,” Scott gasped trying to catch his breath, he felt ridiculous crying over his sister getting married but the situation was too much for him to bear. “She was such an innocent girl…”

“Little Shannyn…” Logan shook his head in dismay; he would have never imagined little Shannyn Summers marrying anybody other than a well-to-do business man that was worth millions.

“Oh my God,” Jean whispered and slightly covered her mouth before glanced at both men.

“Scott…you have to tell me you’re joking!” Logan called out, grabbing hold of Scott’s face firmly. “My little….our little Shannyn…married him?!” he yelled out.

“I wish I was,” Scott muttered. Logan let go of Scott’s head and sat back on his rear on the floor. A tear slowly rolled down his face at the horrific news, but wiped it quickly.

“But she knew—“ Jean whispered softly but couldn’t bring herself to finish, she to was shocked beyond imagination.

“I—I have to—“ Scott stuttered standing up, he waved off Jean’s hand and jogged out the office door, no one followed because they knew he needed his time. Scott was a great man, an amazing friend and perfect brother but he had a temper that less than few knew existed and because of that reason was why he ran away to solve it. So Jean, Logan and Xavier all thought he was off to take out some of his frustrations, not to track down his younger sibling or so they hoped.

Logan stood up and wiped his eyes. He cleared his throat before adjusting his shirt. He stood in front of Xavier’s desk—stiff as a soldier. Xavier looked at Logan and nodded. Logan eased his stance, and left the office—giving Jean a small glance before shutting the door quietly behind him.

“What should we do professor?” Jean wondered out loud, her gaze never leaving the spot Scott had sat before.

“We don’t do a thing, Jean. This is Shannyn’s life, whether she lives it safely or dangerously, it’s her decision,” Xavier stated with a stern gaze lifting from Jean to the window behind him. “Scott knows this; I just hope he leaves it to her to decide.”

“You don’t think he’ll go after her, do you?” Jean’s panic seemed into her words, she couldn’t allow him to go looking for Shannyn alone, going into the Brotherhood territory.

Xavier sighed heavily. He slowly turned toward the beauty and stiffened in his wheelchair. “What does your heart tell you?” he asked her and laced his fingers. “Young Shannyn is his one and only baby-sister. She’s married a man who has a reputation of murdering without cause. What do you think Scott will do?”

“Oh God,” Jean turned on her heels and bolted out the office door, without even bidding Xavier goodbye. She sped past Logan, who was nearly pushed into the wall accidentally. He didn’t speak, he just chased after her as she went to the garage. “No, his bike is gone, no!”

“Jean!” Logan shouted as he caught her at the garage door, he grasped her upper arm into his firm hand and pulled her back slightly. “Why are you running? What’s going on?”
Jean turned to Logan, tears filled her eyes. “Logan we…we…” Logan furrowed his eyebrows and glanced into the garage quickly before returning back to Jean. Then it hit him.

The bike. It was gone.

“He didn’t,” Logan murmured, gazing into Jean’s eyes with a hesitant, unbelieving look. “Tell me, he didn’t go after them alone.”

“He did,” Jean’s voice was almost a whisper; it barely came out by the time Logan was by the door, walking back inside the mansion. “Where are you going?”

“I’m getting Storm, we’re going after Scott and Shannyn,” Logan was stern, harsh as he glared at Jean. Not because he was mad at her, he was mad at Scott for going into the Brotherhood territory by himself.

“Logan wait!” Jean called out and walked after Logan quickly, but he stopped, causing her to almost bump into him.

“Jeannie…” Logan called out firmly. “You don’t understand,” he called out with a slight chuckle—but nothing was funny about it. “Victor is a crude son of a bitch. He’ll do anything and everything to stop Scott from gettin’ Shan back. Don’t get me wrong, Cyk’s a strong guy---but’e ain't that strong.” Logan pulled away from Jean’s grasp and started to walk away.
♠ ♠ ♠
This story is wrote by me and my friend Sarah, she doesn't own a Mibba account but she is a brilliant writer and a good friend of mine. Tell me if you like it.