Deliberate Distractions

Chapter Two.

“Logan—“

“Jean,” Logan called out again, grabbing Jean’s arms. “The only person who gets to hurt Scott and get away with it—is me. No one else. That’s why I’m goin’ in.”

“Let me finish,” Jean snapped, glaring into Logan’s hazel eyes like they could start a fire. “I was going to say, Logan let me go get Storm, you start the jet.”

“Oh,” Logan said softly as he let her arms go. “I knew that.”

“Yeah,” she nodded sarcastically, turning around to run down the hallway. Logan shook his head with a grin plastered on his face as he turned the opposite way and walked to the jet.

It was moments by the time Ororo and Jean arrived at the Blackbird. Logan turned to them and smiled. “Aren’t you gonna wear you’re…” Ororo started but was cut off when Logan shook his head.

“I don’t need to wear a suit to kick ass, 'Ro. I can do it in the clothes I’m wearin’,” he grunted.

“Alright then,” Ororo murmured as she started up the throttle, ready to take off at any moment.

“Wait!” someone shouted from the very back of the blackbird, Jean and Ororo turned to see whose voice it belonged to but Logan didn’t need too.

“Rogue, go back inside, you too Bobby,” Logan sneered as he buckled himself into one of the seats near the control panel.

“We heard it was about Scott and his sister, we’re coming,” Logan turned around to where Kitty’s small voice was coming from and seen half the students taking seats.

“Um, I’m sorry…” Logan called out—sarcasm included—“Did you not hear me? I. Said. Get. Out.”

“No,” Marie called out firmly and buckled herself beside Bobby while Katherine sat besides Logan. “We’re coming.”

“You’re not even an official X-Man yet,” Logan complained. “C’mon…get—“

“Logan, we’re staying whether you like it or not,” Katherine called out and finally buckled her seatbelt fully.

“No respect,” Logan grumbled looking out the windshield; Ororo chuckled under her breath as she flew from underground into the air.

“When we get to where we are going, you will all listen to orders,” Jean instructed loudly so everyone could hear her over the loud engines.

As Jean instructed everyone for a few moments while Ororo flew the jet, she turned to Logan. “Logan, are you listening?” Logan kept his eye out the window and shook his head.

“Nope.” Jean rolled her eyes and sighed heavily. He turned to her. “C’mon Jeannie. I’m a grown man, I can take care o’myself.”

“Fine,” Jean threw her hands up, she knew she wouldn’t win in an argument with Logan when he had his mind set. “Are we coming close to Brotherhood territory?”

“Yes,” Ororo stated looking around hesitantly.

Logan cracked his neck and mumbled a few choice words to himself before returning his gaze out the window. “You okay, Logan?” Katherine asked, looking up at him.

Logan looked down at Katherine and smirked slightly. He shook his head. “No. Not really.”

“What’re you gonna do?” Katherine asked as she glanced at the Muramasa sword in his lap. Logan glanced at the sword too and cleared his throat.

“Kill Creed.”

“What if Shannyn doesn’t want you too, everyone deserves to love someone,” Katherine tried to sound wise but seemed to shrink under Logan’s angry gaze.

“Victor Creed deserves no ones love, especially not Shannyn Summers love,” Logan sneered as the blackbird landed a little shakily.

“I—“Katherine didn’t say anything else to Logan, he was already up and walking towards the back. “I don’t know what to say to him.”

“It’s useless, Kitty,” Ororo said as she rested her hand on the young girl’s shoulder. “You know how much Logan hates Creed.”

“I know,” Katherine said sadly and watched as Logan held the Muramasa sword tightly in hand.

“Creed!” Logan roared out, looking around his surroundings. “Victor! Creed!” he yelled out again, holding his arms out.

“Ahh…” Victor whispered as he walked out of the Brotherhood Manor—a sadistic smile spread across his face. “Well, well, well. Lookie what we have here. It’s my little friend. Good timing. I got something that might interest you.”

“Proof that your parents were married?” Logan asked sarcastically.

“At least I remember mine,” Victor said with that smirk. Logan growled.

“Where is Shannyn?” Logan sneered as he glared at his enemy, neither man moved from their spot. Both alphas, both on guard and protective.

“In our bed,” Victor had a growing smirk across his lips. “I imagine she’s getting ready for a shower now.”

“How did you get her to marry you? Blackmail? Death threats?” Logan threw some unnecessaries out in the open, he wanted the truth.

“Death threats…” Victor repeated, almost as though Creed would never do such a thing. “Do you seriously think I’d—“

“Well, I don’t know, Vic,” Logan growled. “You seem to have a pleasure in killin’ all my women on my birthday.”

“That’s because I know it’d piss you off,” Creed called out and crossed his arms.

“Yeah, it does,” Logan agreed with a sneer as he stared at Creed, who only grinned and shook his head as if he just realized something.

“Your women? I agree to the past but—last time I checked, Shannyn wasn’t your woman,” Victor chuckled and crossed his arms over his chest again, poking himself with his thumb once. “She’s mine.”

“She won’t be your girl much longer, bub,” Logan growled.

SNIKT!

“Oh…shiny,” Creed said unenthused.

“Victor?” they both stopped their stare down to turn their gazes towards the voice. Standing atop the steps to the Brotherhood mansion was a blonde, blue eyed curvaceous woman with her hand on her hip and another shielding her eyes of the sun. “Vic—Logan?”

“Shannyn,” Logan called out, trying to mask his anger for the young beauty. He usually could stop that anger, he never was one to be mad at her, he had a soft spot for her as a child but now—he was pissed.

“What—what are you doing here?” Shannyn asked as she took a few steps out of the Manor.

“What the hell are you doin’ with this asshole?” Logan asked. Trying to mask his anger flew out the window.

“I—“ Shannyn looked away to the ground and jogged down the remaining steps to the ground, where she stood beside Victor. “I love him, Logan…”

“But you knew,” Logan seethed the words, he didn’t care about Victor right then, just getting it through her head that Victor Creed was a very bad mutant.

“I did,” she agreed honestly. “But I deserve love, I deserve to choose. I fell in love with Victor, not Sabretooth—Victor can be a really good guy, Logan. I promise you, he hasn’t ever hurt me.”

“Why him?” Logan asked and pointed at Creed. “Seriously? Why Victor Creed?”

“You can’t choose who you fall in love with, you can only choose what to do about it,” she said quietly as she stared into Logan’s beautiful hazel eyes. “I chose to be happy, be happy for me Logan. Please.”

“Your brother and—I’m disappointed, you got married without even telling us, hell! We thought you were still in Italy!” Logan shouted.

“Why don’t you and your little one-eyed friend give it a rest, Runt? The girl’s mine. So why don’t you go pick on someone your own size?” Creed growled.

“What did I say about calling me your girl I am my own, I do not belong to anyone,” Shannyn turned to Victor and glared at him. “Now you leave Logan alone, he came here to talk to me.”

“Oh bullshit blondie,” he rolled his eyes and turned to Logan. “You came here to kill me didn’t you?”

“Yes,” Logan admitted with an honest nod. “Yes I did.”

“Pardon me, darling,” Victor leaned down to kiss Shannyn’s forehead and then turned to Logan. “But screw this, your going down.”

“Not if I kill you first, Creed,” Logan growled and whipped out the Muramasa sword. “You might as well get down on your knees and beg for mercy, Creed—‘cause I ain't leavin’ without Shan.”

“Yes…you are,” Victor grunted just before launching at Logan.

“Logan!” Shannyn shouted as she jumped back—just missing the pounce Victor made for Logan. “Victor! Stop it!” She yelled out.

“You better be prayin’ right now, Logan…because your ass is goin’ t’hell when I’m through with ya!” Victor sneered as he circled Logan.

“Oh for fuck’s sake! No need to get so primal!” Shannyn yelled out furiously. Shannyn shouted as she closed her eyes and focused all her telepathic, power negation mutation on each man. She had the ability to negate their mutation telepathically. If they wouldn’t stop by their own wills, she would make them by hers.

“Ah!” Logan called out as he fell to his knees and grabbed a hold of his head. Creed chuckled in response to Logan’s pain, but quickly found himself in the same agonizing pain the runt felt.

“Ah!”

“You can both stop this foolishness right now,” Shannyn’s voice turned raspy and deep as she concentrated on not messing anything up inside their heads. “When I let go, you will calm down or I will do permanent damage.”

When the pain let up and finally dispersed from their minds, both men stood wobbly and looked at Shannyn as if she told them she hated their guts. In some ways, she might have with her little quick fixer. “Shan?” Victor called out, sounding like a wounded pup.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wooo...

I like comments.