Deliberate Distractions

Chapter Three.

"I will not put up with this, I was raised with more manners than to watch two men fight over my freedom, which believe it or not I do have a say in,” Shannyn sneered as she looked from one man to the other, once her gaze rested on Logan she glared. “Where is my brother?”

“He…” Logan started and winced in pain. A tear escaped his eye and he glanced at Creed and then back to Shannyn. “Came here….”

“Victor?” she turned to him and glared. Her eyes threatened the pain she could inflict on him. He couldn’t be messed with telepathically, like Charles does but she could inflict pain on him physically from the negative side affects. “Where is Scott?”

“He came in a little bit ago, I had mystique take care of him,” he admitted almost reluctantly. “But don’t be mad, he was going to take you away…”

“Victor!” she shouted loudly, her eyes widening and building with rage, it was almost animated to watch. “I should kill you right now!”

“Why don’t you? Come on baby? You love me, but go ahead, try,” he held his arms out at the side and egged her on. That’s all it took. She might be calm, cool and collected Scott Summers baby sister, but she was raised around Logan. She had a temper to say the least.

“You want me to try?” she sneered as she stepped closer to him. “I might love you, darling. But blood is way thicker than water and you do not mess with my family, whether you’re my husband or my enemy, do you understand,” Creed exhaled deeply as he stared into the blue eyes of his wife. He nodded. “Now, bring my brother out—now.”

“Alright,” he said softly as he looked away and frowned at the mansion, he whistled loudly and second’s later two men walked out and looked at Victor expectantly. “Bring out the one eye.”

“Victor,” Shannyn growled lowly, just like Logan. “Do not call him that!”

Logan stood up, although he had some trouble with it, and faced Shannyn. The two men who came out of the Manor slowly went back inside for Scott. Logan waited patiently. Jean, Ororo, Katherine, Marie, and Bobby all joined shortly after. “Shannyn,” Jean spoke softly, interrupting the silence that hung in the balance. “Are you okay, sweetheart?”

“Jean,” Shannyn smiled sweetly at her sister-in-law. “I’m just fine, if I can figure out why men are such assholes.”

“Hey, c’mon now, kid…” Logan called out and cracked his neck. As he opened his mouth to finish off his slight lecture toward Shannyn, a woman came out of the Manor. Quickly, his attention came to her.

“What’s all this yelling about, Victor?” the woman snapped, she looked half-asleep but even in her sleepy stupor she was gorgeous to Logan. To bad he recognized her; it wasn’t a good thing either. She grunted as her gaze met Logan’s. “Not the prettiest sight to wake up to.”

“Well, the feelin’s mutual, Doll,” Logan grunted back and sighed heavily. “I mean, you used to be a little pretty. What happened?”

“I looked at you and your ugly rubbed off on me, it’s a shame too,” she snapped and walked down the steps with quick, heavy thumps coming from her big biker boots that fit her feet and went halfway up her leg. “Shannyn, did you call your brother and his goons in to save you or something?”

“No…” Shannyn called out and turned to the hazel eyed woman. “…Brooklyn, I didn’t.” she sighed heavily. “Guess ‘e found out about my being married to Victor and came down.” Shannyn crossed her arms and furrowed her eyebrows. “How do you know Logan? And why the hell do you two hate each other so much?"

“How do you think we know each other?” Brooklyn asked sarcastically. “My brother is Victor Creed, I was in on the weapon-X thing and of course, you wouldn’t get that I have the same mutation as stupid over there.”

“Don’t call him stupid,” Shannyn growled. “Stupid—isn’t a nice word.”

Brooklyn rolled her eyes and sighed heavily. “Fine…how about, dumbass?” she asked and looked at Logan as dumbass left her lips. “We met a long while back. It doesn’t matter anymore…he lied to me—“

“I lied to you?” Logan asked with a smirk. “How the hell did I lie to you? You were the one who told me you had no family! Which was one of the reasons I took you in! Then I found out that that…dickhead over there was your brother! …And I lied to you.”

“Oh shut the hell up, it’s in the past which is behind you so why fight about it?” Shannyn took a deep breath and sighed out a groan. “Where the fuck is Scott?”

“He’s coming,” Victor assured her with a soft smile. “I didn’t hurt him—just to let you know…”

Shannyn’s gaze turned to Victor and she only nodded in response. Scott came out only a few seconds later. “Scott!” she called out and ran to him. “Hey.”

“Shannyn,” he whispered as he pulled her into his arms and held her tight. “I’m so glad to see you, I miss you.”

“I've missed you so much,” Shannyn called out, hugging him tightly. “How’ve you been?” she asked, trying to push the subject of her and Victor’s engagement.

“I’ve been fine,” he said softly as he pulled away and looked down into her blue eyes. “Why didn’t you tell me?”

“Scott…”

“This is Victor Creed, we’re talking about. He’s tried to kill me, Logan, even Ororo in the past. Why him?” Scott asked and shook his head in confusion.

“I fell in love,” she whispered softly. “I didn’t mean too. I got hurt—I got really hurt and he found me, he took care of me.”

“He takes care of you, and yet he’s still tried to hurt me,” Scott whispered.

“He’s hurt Logan in the past. He’s hurt me. Ororo, Marie…”

“Scott, please…” Shannyn called out. “He’s never hurt me…and I’m not a little girl anymore.”

“You are to me,” he murmured lowly. “I won’t let him have the chance to hurt you.”

“I love you more than anything, you’re the best brother a girl could ask for,” Shannyn stated with a sad smile as tears ran down her face. “But this is my decision.”

Scott sighed heavily and looked away from her—Logan and Brooklyn catching his attention. “What the hell are they doin’?” he asked.

“I figured you’d know before I would,” Shannyn turned to stare at the two before looking at Victor. “Can you control yourself for an hour so I can spend some time with my family?”

Victor nodded. Shannyn and Scott both walked to where Jean and the others stood. “Hey guys,” Shannyn called out happily.

“Hey sweetie!” Bobby called out and hugged her tightly. “How’ve you been?”

“Good.”

“Hey Brooklyn,” Logan whispered and looked around him before continuing. Brooklyn turned to Logan and raised her brows. “I lied earlier.”

“Excuse me?”

“You look good,” he said and slightly nudged her as he began to walk off.

“So do you,” Brooklyn said and nudged Logan back.

“What the hell are those two doin’?” Ororo asked and furrowed her eyebrows. Everyone turned and faced Logan and Brooklyn—watching the two annoy each other, but kind of in a flirtatious way.

“You’re gettin’ on my last nerve, B…stop!” Logan called out, swatting at Brooklyn.

“I think I ought to stop those two from killin’ each other…” Ororo continued.

“You go ahead, I don’t have the patience today,” Shannyn rubbed her temples as she stared at the two goofballs who attempted to joke around in the most obnoxious way possible.

“I didn’t think I did either,” Ororo took a deep calming breath before she walked off, her white hair swishing around in the wind.

“I love that woman, no matter how much like Scott she acts,” Shannyn smiled happily as she looked down at a brunette girl standing beside Bobby. “And who are you?”

“Katherine Pryde, Kitty for short.”

Shannyn smiled and nodded her head. “That’s what I thought. Logan’s talked about you,” she said sweetly. “Don’t worry, everything he said was good.”

“It better’d be. I’ll kick his big butt,” Katherine said and sighed. “So, even though you’re married to Sabretooth—will you able to come back and visit?”

“Oh of course, the mansion is my home. I just won’t be taking Victor back with me,” Shannyn forked her thumb over her shoulder to point at Sabretooth, who was standing alone by the wall, glaring off towards his sister and Logan.

“Oh, well,” Katherine started and crossed her arms. “I think it’d be best if you kept him here anyhow. I mean…he’s been our enemy in the past. I don’t see him getting all lovey-dovey anytime soon.”

“I married the blistering fool and I even doubt seeing that,” Shannyn murmured seeing Victor growl and stomp off inside the mansion. “I promise actually, that he won’t be turning kind to any of you.”

“How did you get him to fall in love?” Marie, or Rogue as she preferred asked as bluntly as ever.

“Well, I don’t see it as ‘getting’ him to fall in love with me. It just happened,” Shannyn explained to Marie. She smiled. “And even though Logan’s said otherwise—Creed can be pretty gentle.”

“Really?” Bobby was reluctant to ask but he was interested in knowing.

“I fell for his sensitivity, he would bring me breakfast in bed, kiss me good morning and he’d actually defend me against any of his brotherhood members. Plus, he was the first to say I Love You, he had me hooked,” Shannyn smiled softly at the memories that flooded her mind. “I never thought I’d fall in love with someone again, but he made it seem like I was a princess and he was prince charming.”

“I don’t know about Prince Charming,” Ororo called out jokingly. “But if you’re happy, then I guess that’s all that counts.”

“Well thank you for the support, Ororo.”

“You’re welcome Shannyn. Another thing…if he’s gonna be with you, he can’t be threatening us,” Ororo added firmly. “I especially won’t allow that. I’ll fry his ass if need-be.”

“I’ll try, I really will, to get him to act least cut back the comments,” Shannyn whispered. “But I don’t own him so; don’t take it out on me, what he says.”

“We would never,” Jean called out, shaking her head frantically. “I believe—you know you are always welcome with us, you’re our family. We are just sad to see that you fell in love with the enemy, it’s just—strange.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to the one person who commented :)