Harley Quinn's Origin

Harley Quinn's Origin: Chapter 1

Chapter 1

I shuddered, my face struck with fear. How did this happen? In the arms of the man I am tormented by!? In... Love?

The name's Harlene Quinzel, at least it used to be. He changed my name to Harley Quinn, taken from the clown character 'Harlequin.' It put a smile on his face, and said he felt there was a relation between us when he did change my name, I could be someone to share his secrets with. It all started out when I first became a psychiatrist, funny yes. I liked to get into people's minds and help out, but ever since I met him...That changed.

I worked in a nut house, just because the people's lives there were miserable; I had the urge to help one way or another. Resolving problems wasn't easy, especially doing it for a living and all. It took time and patience, but when I met him... I had no time and patience. I would sit there, love drunk over this physco, this mad man, drawing on my notepad. Our names scribbled down in poorly drawn hearts. WHAT WAS I DOING!?

One day, while I was with a patient of mine; still out of my head I turned my attention towards the security camera while she continued to reminisce. I saw a figure... His tall, lanky figure walking out of his cell. *H-how did he get out?* I thought, almost stuttering with astonishment. "Um, excuse me." I said quite rudely and walked out on her, just to catch up with my shnookims. Yeah, I even had a pet name for him. I ran down halls, just waiting to catch up with him.

Breathing heavily, I carried on. It was getting harder to run, the hallways were endless and my high heels were killing me! My skirt was riding up as I miraculously tried to pull it down; over and over again! And then, at that exact moment 'THWACK' I bumped right into him! Our eyes met as he scowled at me a moment, but when he seemed to notice who I was, his expression became more soft. "Doc..." he said, smirking slightly. I was shocked, all I could do was let my mouth gape open... I squeaked, my eyes shifting up and down his body; he managed to untie his strait jacket but he hadn't escaped it fully. I was almost urged to help him out of it, then I saw that smirk of his... Sooo, tender. Sooo, seductive...

"H-how did you get out?" My voice shook, though I seemed to clear my throat and continue in a more professional and stern tone. "Y-you need to get back in there!" I pointed my finger towards the cell, my hand quivering.

"Magic," he paused, looking over at his cell. "No, I don't. I get out all the time, why do you care now?" He sounded a bit disappointed... Did I not pay enough attention to him before? Did he even care? I blinked, my lips puffy from all the biting down on it I had done, only to restrain another squeak I might let escape my mouth. I grunted, trying to furrow my brows and look angry. I can't let him see me like this, I can't let him see me blush, I can't show any affection towards him! We're doing business here! I pulled back my hair, regathering my pony tail as I regathered my thoughts. Once more I cleared my throat, and before I could say another word he pulled me roughly against him; as if he were going to hurt me... "Listen, Doc." He was cut off- and just in time too. The guards had seen the room with the patient, and she complained that I had abandoned her after taking one last look at the security camera. They pulled him away as I stood there, unable to move... Defeated... And oh so in love.

Chapter 2

Back at my home I wondered what would have happened if the guards never came, what if he had really hurt me? I twisted and turned in my bed all night, reliving the moment in my head over and over again. He haunted me every waking moment I relived! Well, maybe I made that a little too obvious.

I sighed, pushing myself up by my palms-hunched over. I couldn't take my mind off that creep for a split second. "Why, why, why, why, why!?" I yelled taking my pillow in my hands and roughly shoving it against my face, letting out another yell! "It's like I don't even know his name, even after writing it down, like 100 times!" I whined, he had me right where he wanted me... Did, he even want me anywhere?

I checked my clock, "6:00 already? I have to go to--" And just then he crashed through my window, onto my bed, and unexpectedly rubbed his nose against mine. "EVENING, DOCOROONIE." He smiled menacingly, I yelled; almost flying out of my bed. When I soon saw it was him, I caught my breath and my voice melted into a soft caress; as did my heart... "What are you doing in my house?" There was a slight tinge of panic in my tone, "Well," he began, "I followed you home. And people call me the pale skinned wacky man! Schizophrenic physco stalks pretty nurse lady, film at 11:00!" He continued to grin, letting out a somewhat evil; high pitched, annoying laugh that made me just want to eat him up! I let out a shaky breath, "Ah well..." I shook slightly, he was actually on top of me. I blushed immensely. *Get a hold of yourself girl* I thought to myself, "Uhm...That's all very nice, but you never answered my question; besides the fact you were stalking me." I mumbled. He nodded, "Yes, and how does that make you feeeel?" he inched closer. *Quite hot if you ask me...* I thought, but had no reply. I placed my fingers on his chest and quite slowly, pushed the Joker off of me. He then said something in an incoherent tone, it sounded primal but I didn't catch one word of it. "Excuse me?" I asked, and at that moment, that very moment I heard something that made me squeal uncontrollably; his very words were. "You need to take care of my hard-on..." I was totally physco for this-for this physco! I didn't know how to react, I didn't know what to do! But I wanted to soooo bad. And then I woke up...

I gasped and looked over at my clock, "SHIT!" I was late and tried to get ready as quick as I could.

Chapter 3
Back at the insane asylum, I wondered if he really had ended up in my house? Nah, he--he doesn't love me. I walked down the lobby, my notepad close. I came to his cell; his prison and peered through the glass that kept us parted from each other. I made my way in as he lay there on the 'thinking chair.' At least, that's what I called it. I smiled warmly, my voice a soft succulent tone. "Hello," I began and sat down in my chair, "Ready for our next session?"

"Oh, hey Doc." He looked back at the wall where the security camera was, he didn't like the fact they were watching us. I studied his every trick and gimmick, and thought I was ready for anything.

"You know, my father use to beat me up pretty badly." Anything, except that. He continued to speak in a sad tone. "Every time I acted up 'BAM', or I'd just be sitting there and 'POW'. Dad really knew how to frailer the grape." I nodded in understanding. "There was only one time I ever saw dad really happy, he took me to the circus when I was seven. I still remember the clowns dropping their pants." He let out a raspy laugh and got to his feet, pacing back and forth as he laughed. A smile on his face, "My old man laughed so hard, I though he'd bust a gut! So the next day I went out to meet him, with his best Sunday pants around my ankles. 'HEY, DAD LOOK AT ME!' He laughed once more, "ZOOP, I took the padded ball and ripped the crotch clean form his trousers." We laughed mercifully, tears falling from my eyes. "And then he broke my nose..." I gasped as he shrugged, "That's the downside of comedy, always having to deal with those who don't get the joke... Like batman." He growled, I then knew who the Joker was. A poor tormented soul who was seeking out for love and attention, trying to fit in and make people laugh through his antics. That very night Joker escaped, I was completely terrified! My angel out there, all alone and lost, nowhere to go! And... When that batman came in, dragging my poor sweets by the collar I couldn't help but rush further down the halls crying, sobbing, yelling his name. Before I could even cradle him in my arms they snatched him away, and I fell to my knees begging them to bring him back. I wanted revenge... And the only way to do that, was to be his henchgirl, his lover, I was now permanently Harley Quinn. I drove off into the night, like a lunatic and made my way to 'COSTUMES AND TRICKS' stealing a mask, white make-up, a couple of weapons, and the oh so famous Jester's outfit. Finally, I would have him! IF THAT BATMAN DIDN'T STOP GETTING IN THE WAY! I fought off the guards, it was horrible, I was vicious.. I would be able to elope with my Puddin', and so I ran back to the asylum and glued a pipe bomb I had ready right on the glass that kept us from each other, and BAM. Right there, right then we drove away. Though my poor Joker was gruesomely injured, he managed to let out that maniacal laugh of his; you know? The kind that made my heart melt... He, made my heart melt.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm not sure I really followed the story, but it's close enough! Please enjoy.