Hearts and The Heartless

Chapter Eleven: Sleeping with a Ghost

Emily inhaled; sweet scent of aftershave filled her nostrils softly. She smiled, though her eyes closed tight, she begged to fall asleep again. The room felt cozy and warm, like any other morning she experienced last month. But mostly the warmth around her waist made her even more wanted to fall back to sleep. She opened her eyes slowly. It seemed to blur a little, then she rubbed them gently and opened again.
“Morning.”
Emily sat up straight, her eyes widened.
“River?”
She rubbed her eyes again, but River was still there staring at her, smiling. His arm wrapped around her waist, which explained the cozyness she felt just now.
“Am I dreaming?”
River sat up, his arm barely moved.
“No, Emily.”
“Are you a ghost?”
He smiled. Instead of answering her question, he took her face and pulled her closer. He kissed her everywhere in the face, with both of his palms rested on her jaw. When suddenly he stopped, the tip of their noses touched, she watched him staring into her green eyes, his breath quickened.
“Emily, I missed you.”
Emily’s eyes rose to meet his. She didn’t know whether she missed him too, but what she did last night might be considered missing him badly.
“I missed you too…” she blushed.
River laughed softly, then caught her lips with his own. Emily swore that her legs were shaking when River buried his tongue inside her mouth. Emily couldn’t resist to travel her hands down to his abs then felt his hard on between his thighs. He pulled away breathlessly, and spoke,
“I have only one hour. We have to do this real quick.”
“What? What do you mean you have only one hour?”
“Emily, I’ve been given seven chances to come down here and see you, but He only gave me one hour for every chance.”
“He?”
“God.”
Emily stunned, so this River was really a ghost afterall.
“You’re a ghost…”
“Nevermind that, 5 minutes are wasted already.”
River continued to kiss her everywhere, on her neck, her collarbone, along with his fingers unbuttoning his own shirt and tossed them away. Emily gasped and bit her lower lip to see River being shirtless in front of her eyes. She was speechless to see his body; she didn’t even realize when River pulled her t-shirt off her head. She was wearing nothing under there, so it made River grinned broadly and pulled down his own pants. It was the first time Emily had seen a man naked, but she didn’t close her eyes, she enjoyed it.
“I love you Emily.” He lay her down on her back gently; his hand supporting her head as though he was afraid that he might broke her into pieces. Then he continued to kiss her everywhere on her body, his hands moved faster. She felt a tingling sensation around her belly button, when she looked down she found River was kissing it. She chuckled and that made River went up again to kiss her lips.
“Oh, that tickles,” she laughed again when River ran his fingers around her belly. After that, she felt something hard went inside her. She screamed as it was hurting her.
“I’m sorry, I’ll do it slower,” River spoke, and then kept his promise. She grabbed his back while she was underneath him, his eyes fixed upon hers. His hips were moving up and down, in time with her moanings. Emily had never felt like this before, it was as though she might explode anytime soon. But she wondered whether this is good for her, or was she supposed to allow it to happen? His motions were getting faster and harder, making her to shout his name consecutively.
“River, River, River!” she moaned, he grinned.
Then something hit Emily hard in the head, along with the explosion she felt inside her shuddering body. There were flashes of motion pictures inside her mind. Her eyes opened wide, but she saw no River above her. She saw something else. The bedroom door, the newlyweds, she saw herself leaping into River’s arms, while he carried her through the door.
“What would I do without you, husband?” she spoke. It was weird to see herself dressed in a white gown, while River in a black tuxedo.
“Emily,”
She dropped back to reality. River was still above her, frowning.
“River, I…I remember…”
River broke into smile. He pulled away and lied next to her, staring.
“I remember you carry me into this room, I wore a white dress, and you wore a tuxedo.”
He smiled and kissed her forehead.
“Your second memory,”
Emily startled.
“How do you know?”
“I was watching you from up above.”
Emily blushed; practically she was embarrassed for what she just did last night.
“Really? You were really up there?”
River broke into a laugh. Emily face went pink after that.
“No, silly. I was here all along, only that you couldn’t see me because the house was rearranged.”
“So that’s what it means, do not change a single thing?”
“Yes.”
River kissed her again.
“Will I ever see you again, River?”
“You will, love. Only if you promise me something,”
“What?”
“Promise me that you will go through that book, and don’t skip on chapters and pages okay? It’ll bring you to me.”
Emily frowned, trying hard to remember where did she put the book last night.
“But River, you said you have seven chances right? You still got six left, now?”
“Eh, no. I wasted three of the chances already. One, when you first woke up at the hospital, two, when you were reading your diary, and three when I was making breakfast to you.”
Emily sat up abruptly, gasped.
“River! Why did you waste them away?” she was furious.
“I’m sorry, I couldn’t help it. I was really bad at picking time,” he sat up too, and stroked her shoulders tenderly. Emily was about to cry when River kissed her eyes and apologize again.
“Was it you last night?”
River startled.
“What?”
“I heard howling noises from across the sea, was it you?”
He laughed softly.
“No, that was a dog.”
Her face went pink when River burst out laughing.
“I heard you last night, you know. You said you wanna strangle me or something,”
“Oh I might right now.”
He laughed again.
“No, sweetheart, let me do the honor.” He said.
Emily gasped when she saw River held out both of his hands to her neck. Breathing hard, she tried to resist, because she might even be dead too if he’d choked her there. But River was merely kissing her neck and his hands were gently stroking it.
“Feeling breathless? You’re choking.”
She chuckled and it had absolutely made him to look for her lips. That was a moment where Emily could give up anything to hold on to it. She never wanted to let this feeling go, but she didn’t know what she felt at that moment.
“River, I love you.” she made it to say those words, and it came from her heart sincerely.