Status: Active, update every few weeks busy with art school so post when I can

Little Red Riding Hood

003

(Red's POV)

I was in the garden with my maids and Katie, who were my only friends, and watched with a smile as they chased each other around. I was shocked growing up to learn that one day I was going to be a Vrykolakas, a vampire. So, to ease my worries I researched secretly what vampires were and was even more shocked to learn that what mortals thought about us was false and that was what saved us from being discovered all these years.

Like for one, we don’t only come out at night. Though there is something about the night time that gives vampires more strength and that was true for the others as well. Another thing was that we couldn’t come out in the day light with no fear of being burned alive or glittering like fucking diamonds. Who ever came up with that should be shot dead. Also, we are not cold or really even dead. We were still humans. We just stopped certain human things, food, though we still ate we didn’t need it like we needed blood though.

Growing up and touching my parents and other vampires I learned that the skin stayed the same warm and soft even inviting. That they were able to still eat food so that they could get nourishment as well, though from what others have found was that vampires were the newest level of the human species. We were at the top of the food chain. We needed blood just as much as we needed food, or air, or anything else, but we needed the blood beyond all else. It was the blood that kept us young and immortal. Though we didn’t need it every night we did over a period of time, before we lost our minds or die.

Some says that’s what the elders do when they are tired of living or they get themselves killed by the Lycanthropes or better known as werewolves. I shuddered at the thought. Werewolves were our greatest enemy and I have grown up to both hate and fear them. I was told that there were very little ways that a Vampire can die, but one sure way to kill a vampire was to throw them to the wolves. One thing was for sure I did not want to meet their fate.

My thoughts were soon distracted when I heard the French Doors to my father’s office opened and he and Gerard stepped out followed by his guard which consisted of four men and Gerard and his guard or four stepped out after my father’s. They sat in the white wrought iron furniture. My father looked at me and smiled and this prompted Gerard to look at me as well.

I quickly turned and ran towards the girls and grabbed Katie’s hand when I got near her. She started giggling and soon followed suit into the thick cover of the garden away from the men. Her green eyes where big from the fun we were having and her brown hair that flowed just below her bust was flying behind her.

I knew Gerard hated when I ignored him, but truth be told I wish that I didn’t have to marry him. Though it would make my family stronger amongst the covens I knew that I was marrying a true beast if the stories where true about him. Plus, from his actions I knew that I would suffer under him.

He and his coven have become one of the most feared, after another coven and the Lycanthropes. After a war that raged between vampires against themselves and the werewolves. It was during that time that rumor spread that Gerard killed any and all that got in his way and when he wanted something he got it and I couldn’t help, but wonder if he did the same to my father, bully him until he agreed to marry me off. Or that my father wanted to rise in rank without having to start a war with his own kind again.

Though, as I ran further into the garden of tall flowers of rose bushes and the like, I couldn’t shake another part of that story of Gerard and my father that was going around as well. I heard the whispers and the looks and the words covenant, deal, war, my name, and Lycanthropes intertwined at gatherings. I often asked my father about this and he would just give me a death glare before walking away. After the last time I asked him about it he yelled at me and I never asked him again.

Now as I ran through the garden with Lily and the other chasing us I let the images of those two men swirl in my head and wished that I could at least shake Gerard’s image, but it was futile. It seemed that he and his guard were always on my mind when they were around and I couldn’t help, but think about what my life would be like with them.

Gerard’s second in command scared me just as much as he did and that was to say a lot about Frank with his small frame, but his coldness and calmness made him deadly and I have seen his acts of brutal force enough times to know. He could laugh at you while cutting your throat. He also had a liking for the ladies and visa versa. It was disgusting how he would interact with women even with people around.

Then there was Mikey, Gerard’s baby brother. He was tall and lacy, though handsome. The only problem I had with him was that he was quiet too quiet. He could be following your every move and you wouldn’t know it until he was upon you. It was also his job to follow me around every time that they came for their random visits to see if I was living up to the Master’s standards.

After those two were Bob and Ray. Those two were not so kind as well. Though they looked the part of gentlemen they have a coldness and control of fury that would make people think twice before messing with them. Bob has a gift with torturing people and Ray has a gift of hunting people down. So when those two was set out to do a job together by Gerard that person knew that their time was up.

As I though about my new life my breath caught and I dropped Katie’s hand as I ran towards the forest. When I reached the edges I didn’t stop. For some odd reason I felt like this was a chance for escape and I didn’t stop running even when I heard my name being called. Even though I was still human my body was adjusting to its new self and I was able to run faster and longer than what I have done in the last. I ran to get away from Gerard and the rumors that swim around me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here is another chapter. I hope you enjoy. If you still want to be in teh story there is still room.

Queenie

P.S I had to change the title name, put the wrong one up.