Status: Active, update every few weeks busy with art school so post when I can

Little Red Riding Hood

004

Once in the woods Red broke out into a dead run. She could hear the others coming after her and calling for her, but she had a head start and she was determined to get away even if it was just for a little while. She heard Gerard’s voice demanding for her to stop, but she didn’t. She knew she was going o pay dearly for this little stunt.

Soon she came to a river and she looked at it and then behind her, though she couldn’t see them she knew that they were coming after her. So, she made her decision and ran into the river which was a mistake on her part. She had misjudged how deep it was and how strong the current was and she soon felt herself being swept away. She tried to fight the current, but it was too strong for her and she was rushed from sight seconds before the others finally made it to the river’s edge.

Gerard looked all around him and sniffed the air. He knew she had been here and he wondered if she was hiding or was on the other side by now. Crunching down low first before he jumped up and easily landed on the other side and cursed, his fangs came out as he let his vampire instincts kick in. If she was here he couldn’t find her scent since the water would have washed most of it away, but there still should have been a faint trace.

Then it hit him. The water and he panicked. Even though she was starting to change she was still very much human and he looked to his long time friend and second in command. When their eyes meet Gerard cast his eyes to the river and then back to Frank’s whose eyes widen at the thought. It was like their minds were always connected.

Turning to the others Frank addressed them all, “Gerard thinks she didn’t make it to the other side,” his cold smooth voice said.

Adrien, Red’s father stepped forward, “No, that can’t be. She’s here somewhere,” he roared out, “We have to look for her. Ana and Amy go back to the house and get the others tell them what happened come back fast,” he ordered and they both took off as fast as they could.

It was less than 15 minutes later when most of the coven showed up and they all spread out looking for Red, but she was never to be found by neither of them and some even started to give up hope. Then a shout rang out just when most were returning back to the meeting spot where they lost Red’s scent. People came running from all directions, but it was Gerard who spoke first, “What is it,” he asked in a cold calm voice.

“This,” the man pointed to a spot where there was a ripped pieces of red and white cloths and on the cloths where blood and not just anyone’s blood, but HER blood. He could recognize the scent anywhere.

When Adrien and Fayola broke through the group and saw what they were looking at Fayola gasped and collapsed against her husband crying and wailing in her native African tongue. It was at that time that everyone thought she was dead never to return.

Miles away from home, injured, and scared Red’s motionless body finally washed up on a bank where she was able to crawl a few feet before she fell into a wet soaking heap on the ground. She was so relieved to be alive that she kissed the ground amazed that she was able to survive when all odds were against her. Tired and exhausted she closed her eyes to the world around her and slept.

It was hours later that she woken to a warm body beside her. At first she thought that she was back at home in bed lying next to her mother, but then she realized that she felt fur instead skin and she panicked. Opening her eye she came face to muzzle with a wolf and she screamed scooting back a few feet.

After several seconds she realized that the wolf wasn’t attacking and she calmed when the wolf nuzzled his nose into her side then turned to lick her face. Paralyzed by shock and stress Red opened her mouth and spoke, “You’re a good wolf aren’t you,” she asked as she ran her hand through it thick gray fur.

In answer to her question the wolf yawned and she smiled, “That’s good to know because I would hate to die at the mouth of a plain old regular wolf,” and then she laughed at herself, “You’re not a big bad wolf coming to eat Little Red Hiding Hood are you,” she cooed and then hugged the wolf before standing up, “I think I will call you Hero for protecting me and keeping me warm and safe while I was asleep,” she told him and he licked her face in response.

Groaning at the soreness her movements caused she stood and stretched her sore limbs as she looked at her surroundings. She didn’t know where she was and she was scared. For as she looked all around her the sky was dark almost black with the threat of a storm and the forest around her was dark almost giving a black and white feel to where she was. She turned in a full circle deciding what she should do.

Then she looked towards the wolf and asked, “Do you know how to get out of here, Hero?” she knew it was dumb of her to talk to the wolf as if he knew the answers, but she was soon looking at the wolf as he started to walk away. Amazed she just watched him and as if sensing that she wasn’t following he stopped and looked back at her before moving on.

Deciding that following the wolf that helped in keeping her safe and warm she followed it in the spine-chilling forest. After about half hour walk she thought that she was just following Hero aimlessly until suddenly there was a clearing and she soon found herself standing on a deserted rode that had dead leaves from the tall and huge trees on either side. As she looked to the left and to the right of the rode all she saw was the same thing on either side and she shivered. The sky was darker than ever and the trees on either side of the rode looked so daunting that she was afraid to move.

To the right of her she could see Hero with his gray fur waiting patiently for her to follow and when she stepped onto the unmarked rode she followed the wolf. Her senses where on high and every time she heard a rustling from the trees her heart beat would speed up. Then to add to her fear and misery the darkened sky opened up and her semi dry form was quickly drenched.

Red did not know how long she walked, but she was getting tired and she wanted to lay down again, but then something caught her eyes and made her breath catch. As she walked she noticed figures on both side of her and not just any figures, but the figures of the Lycanthropes. They stood on two legs like a man, but were bigger and taller. Tears started to run down her face mixing with the rain, but she never stopped because she feared that if she did that they would attack her.

She heard movement from behind and knew that they were coming from the sides of the rode to block the way that she had just came. She was frightened and she knew that if they didn’t kill her then she would die from fear. She cursed Hero who led her this way and cursed herself for being so dumb as to follow. As she walked on she soon found her path blocked by five men. Even though they were in their human form she knew that they were Lycanthropes as well and she stopped. She looked at the five men in front of her and knew that in her heart that she had truly meet her death.

As she stood in front of the five men she watched in disbelief as Hero walked up to the men and gasped as he was petted by all the men. She felt betrayed, “Hero how could you,” she asked, but she didn’t get answer because he looked back at her with sad eyes then ran away from her in shame.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys another update. As you will learn there are to types of writing here. One is first person which is Red and the next one is 3rd person which is Narrator. I hope you are all enjoying the story so far. I know I am.

Queenie.

This one will be my longest story.