Status: [INDEFINITE HIATUS]

Can You Keep a Secret?

Two

Two : California Bound
"So Ryan..." Brendon said as they entered Ryan's house.

Ryan turned his head to look at Brendon but kept moving in the direction he was heading in. His friend had been acting weird lately, ever since the Katy Perry conversation. Ryan wasn't sure whether or not he should be concerned for Brendon... but it wasn't unlike Brendon to be weird. It was simpler for Ryan to shrug it off.

"What is it, Brendon?" Ryan asked, setting down the suitcase he was carrying.

"We should go on a vacation!"

Ryan rolled his eyes, "Brendon, we just got home and you want to leave already?"

Brendon made a pouty face, "It won't be a long vacation. I just want to see some of our friends in LA."

Ryan's mouth dropped and his eyes narrowed. "You want to go to California? Are you stupid?"

"Pwease?"

Ryan closed his mouth and stared at Brendon in disbelief. After everything he had been through in the past year, Brendon wanted to bring him back to the one place Ryan never wanted to go again. The place that held so many memories... so many broken dreams... so much... pain.

"No." Ryan snapped, grabbing his suitcase and bringing it into his room. "Absolutely not."

"WHY NOT?!?" Brendon whined following his broken hearted friend into the room.

"Because last time I went I met Vic, and following that unfortunate incident was a series of more unfortunate incidents," by now Ryan was hyperventilating with anger and anxiety. Just even saying her name made him go crazy.

His face fell as more and more memories of Vic flooded his mind and he cursed Brendon for being so dense.

"I'm pretty sure meeting Vic was a good thing," Brendon commented as if he were commenting on the weather, as if the topic of Vic didn't hurt Ryan at all. That even hearing her name made his hear crumble.

Ryan let out an exasperated sigh, "I beg to differ."

"Ryan you're just upset because the last time you ever got to see her you were stuttering for an excuse as to why you punched me in the middle of a hotel hallway," Brendon said snobbily.

Ryan glared at Brendon incredulously, "What the hell, Brendon?"

"All because you were too afraid to admit that you were in love with Vic," he said smartly.

Ryan narrowed his eyes at Brendon, "What are you trying to prove Brendon? That you were right? Is that what you want? Do you want me to tell you were right all along? Because I will, if it'll make you shut the hell up."

"Ryan, my friend, I want to know if you have the balls it takes to be a man," Brendon smiled.

"Oh you're one to talk!" Ryan shouted. "I'll show you balls."

Then suddenly, evereything went black.

When Ryan awoke he found himself in an unknown room. The walls had a beige floral wall paper on them with a gold border around the top. There were two queen sized beds in the small room and a cabinet with a television turned on to an infomercial... The makings of a hotel room.

"How did I get here?" Ryan asked himself quietly as he observed his surroundings.

Then it hit him. Brendon had hit him on the head with a guitar right before he had blacked out. Ryan remembered the argument they were having and the unncessary comments Brendon had been making about Vic and Ryan's relationship... or lackthereof, and right as Ryan had pounced to tackle his friend, Brendon had whipped out Ryan's guitar out of no where and clubbed him on the side of his head.

Ryan shook his head in disbelief and ran his hands through his hair, sure enough, there was a bump the size of mars. At least it was hidden by his hair.

"He could killed me, the idiot," Ryan muttered to himself.

Just then the door burst open and in strutted Brendon with two barely dressed girls attached to both arms. Ryan rolled his eyes as the blonde girl tip-toed to kiss Brendon on the cheek.

"My friend, we are going clubbing!" Brendon announced.

"Hopefully guitarless," Ryan replied annoyed.

Brendon gave a hearty laugh, "Well, not that kind of clubbing. Come on Sleeping Beauty, let's go!"

"I'm assuming we're no longer in Vegas anymore..." Ryan stated more than asked as he stood on his two feet.

"Your assumption is correct! We are in Los Angeles, baby!" Brendon screamed, causing the two girls to giggle like idiots. Ryan rolled his eyes and followed Brendon out of the room.

At the club, two very attractive girls, twins perhaps, had managed to attach themselves to Ryan's arms. Brendon, entertaining his first two girls, found himself lip locked and occupied on the otherside of the table.

"Annything wrong, baby?" asked one of the girls hovering over Ryan. She leaned towards him, exposing her cleavage and smiling seductively. "Tell Missy how she can make you feel better."

Ryan looked at her, licking his lips, trying to avert his attention anywhere but her chest. The other girl was no help either. She was doing the same thing, only rubbing the upper half of his thighs. How could a man think straight? Hell, how could a man breathe?

Ryan looked back over at Brendon for support only to find his friend missing.