Johnny ***ing Christ

May You Find Peace in the Afterlife.

Image
December 28th, 2009, we lost one of the greatest musicians of this decade.
James Owen Sullivan, better known as Jimmy Sullivan or The Rev was found unresponsive in his home. Coroners say he died of natural causes but will investigate further.

When I found out I was no more than shocked, but then again it was 5 in the morning.
For a while it didn't hit me that he was really gone until about an hour later when I was reading some of the comments on the bulliten A7X posted. I then realized how many people looked up to him and just how many people he had left a thumbprint on. He was definitly a great person that was taken out of this world too soon; but it can just go to show, life is too short to waste it away. Despite being a mere 28 years old I would say Jimmy lived more in that short time than most people do in their whole lives.

"Perhaps more importantly, he was a free-spirit who saw the world differently than you and me. His world was measured in quality of relationships, music and art. I knew him well and never heard him speak about politics once. I cherish our long talks about music and life. He remains the only person I have ever known, who truly didn't care what people thought of him. He said exactly what was on his mind with no thought of editing. Not in a bad or hostile way, but almost like a child. A rare quality, indeed.

But as is always the case with a person of such pure spirit, he was simply too beautiful and fragile to walk this earth for long. God touched him with the gift of art, but not the gift of resilience to handle a harsh and cruel world."

~Brian Haner Sr.

Rest in peace Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan
Your legacy will live on forever.


Image
"Too weird to live, too rare to die."
~Hunter S. Thompson
♠ ♠ ♠
Image