How to Fix Brendon Urie's Broken Heart

Step 7: Confessions

Brendon's P.O.V.

As I got to my apartment I took a seat on the couch and got the phone, dialing the numbers. As soon as the phone started to ring, I knew that I was just gonna be subtle and calm.

"Hello?" the voice on the end said as he answered the phone.

"Uh...Hi Ryan," a few seconds on the phone and I'm already shaking. I don't know whats wrong with me. Oh wait, did I tell you was going to call Ryan? I don't think I did. But anyway, the point was I was gonna call him and ask him if I could come over.

"Oh hey Bren," he said. I could hear the slight bit of shock in his voice.

"I was wondering if...I could come over?" I asked. I felt like I was gonna pass out on how awkward it felt and sounded. I scratched the back of my head with a small smile hoping that he would say yes.

"Yeah, sure. As in now?" he asked. It sounded like he was kinda busy. Busy with what? I thought.

"I was hoping so..."

"Alright, I'll see you in a bit then," he said with intrigue in his voice.

"Okay, bye," I hung up and got off the couch. I don't know that felt weird. It was like meeting someone for the first time and you we're invited to their house. But I knew Ryan for years and it seemed like only now it felt like this.

I got my coat and headed out. It wouldn't take that long to get there because I lived somewhat near Ryan's place.

Ryan's P.O.V.

I was lying down on the bed watching T.V. still thinking about it. I don't know why I was thinking about it so much. Maybe cause Brendon was my friend and I wanted to help him. Or maybe because...because....

Riiiiing!

The sound of the phone ring interrupted my thoughts. I got out of bed and answered the phone, wondering who it was.

"Hello?" I answered. Holy shit, it's Brendon. I was hoping to hear from him, thinking that he would tell me why he just suddenly slammed the door in front of my face the other day.

He was asking if he could come over. And of course, I said yes. But I realized after I hung up the phone that my place was a complete mess and that I had to give it a quick clean.

I washed the plates that haven't been washed for days, picked up the trash that was just lying around, threw my dirty clothes in the hamper and fluffed the pillows on the couch that we're flat. That was basically it. In the kitchen and living room.

And in no time at all, I heard a knock on the door. I opened the door seeing Brendon with a smile, almost forced. He stepped in without saying anything and sat on the couch.

"So what's up?" I asked him as I closed the door.

"Well, I wanted to talk to you about the other day when I slammed the door on your face...." he said scratching his head, probably unsure how to put it.

"Well its okay," I assured him with a shrug. "I'm sorry that I was being nosy."

Brendon just nodded and I headed to the couch and sat beside him. He looked upset so I asked him, "Do you want to talk about it....?" I wasn't sure if I wanted to hear it or not but it would put my mind at rest above all. I looked at him and by the look on his face it seemed that he really wanted to but he just nodded trying to suppress his emotion.

"You see Ryan," he started with a gulp. "The reason why I broke up with Jessica was because I knew that I was in love with someone else," he explained. The way he said it. It was so direct, so serious. Definitely unlike him.

"But I thought that Jessica broke up with you because she didn't love you?" I was kinda confused so I had to ask.

"Well that was somewhat true. We both realized that we weren't meant for each other and that we loved other people."

"Then what was all that crying about?" Seriously, the crying was a little weird.

"I really was crying at the thought that it was over between us because we were together for a few years and it all comes down to the fact that we loved other people."

He sounded so meaningful. God, this wasn't like him. But I had to know. Who was he in love with? I don't know whether it was appropriate or not to ask. "Bren, if you don't mind me asking, who are you in love with?" So I just asked.

I looked at him with his head down as he shook his head lightly. Was he ashamed to tell me? "I just can't," he said as he stood up and headed to the door. I don't get why he wanted to talk about it and now he wont tell me.

I snatched his arm before he made his way out the door, he turned around, his face almost blank with expression. "Why can't you tell me?"

"I just can't, okay?"

"No Brendon, it's not okay! I've been thinking all day about it and now you've told me. So why would you stop now?"

"Because its just hard to explain why and who it is," he said, his voice low and mellow.

"Brendon, I don't care who it is. Whether it's some girl you met at a bar or some guy down the street. I just want to know to put my mind at rest and I want to help you."

He looked up at me and asked, "You want to help me?"

"Yes, I do. I want you to be happy because I hate seeing you all sad and quiet. It's just not you," I explained to him, both of us standing in the hall way of my apartment. He looked me directly in my eyes. "I care about you that much."

I released my grip on him before he said, "Ryan, I'm sorry. I just....I just can't." And before I knew it, he was out the door and I was left alone.

Brendon's P.O.V.

The way he said everything. I couldn't tell him. So I left the apartment but there was a side of me that wanted to tell him. I was so confused whether to tell him or not and I didn't want to screw up. So I didn't leave the building and just went two floors down and sat at the steps of the stairs, thinking. I don't know how long I stayed there but it seemed like a long time. But whatever seemed like a long time was only minutes. But while I thought of that, I finally got the answer so I headed back up to his apartment.

As I got there I knocked on the door and within seconds he opened the door. His face surprised that I came back.

"Brendon?" he raised his eyebrows.

"It's you," I told him. It was quick and nothing more.

"What?"

"It's you Ryan! Don't you get it? I was in love with you no matter how much I tried to forget about it, no matter how much I tried to deny it, it was always you."

He didn't say anything cause he seemed speechless. "I know you feel the same way, I see it in the way you look at me, the way you try to make me feel better," I said. I wasn't completely sure about what I said but deep down I knew I was right. He still wasn't saying anything. "I don't know, maybe I'm wrong but I couldn't help but feel that you felt the same wa--" but I was cut off before I could finish because before I knew it Ryan smashed our lips together. The reaction that I've been waiting for, for a long time.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is my gift to all you people who thankfully read my stories :] Thanks! So here it is, hope you like it. I hope it doesn't confuse you and all that jazz. And since school is started tomorrow I just want you guys to know that I wont be able to update as fast anymore ): But I'll try! Love you guys ;]

Dedication: Okay I don't really do this but I just wanna dedicate this chapter to you and all your awkwardness. Thanks for the laughs lol (: and to Atheena! :D Yeah you put up with boredom and you made my heart explode so...thanks x]