Multiple Choice

Choice A

My younger sister was very promiscuous. Of course, she was very beautiful. She had long, golden hair, bright blue eyes, full, cherry red lips, and a laugh that sounded like tinkling bells. She was extremely popular with men of all ages.

She was also as dumb as a doormat. And she let herself be one.

So, as her older brother, I made it my duty to protect her from all the evil and lecherous men of the world. I felt that she deserved my protection, that she deserved a man that would cherish her not just for her looks. Someone who would take care of her.

She didn’t like that. Not at all.

She despised me; told me I was being too cautious. That she didn’t need me sticking around her all the time. I was a loser to her, the lowest of lows. She was perfect, and didn’t need me tainting her reputation.

I warned her, always warned her about how men could be. She didn’t listen, always choosing the ones who would hurt her the most.

I dutifully sent them away with a black eye or broken limb. They never came back, and my sister never appreciated what I did for her.

One night I followed her to a club. She wasn’t supposed to be there, and I was going to take her home. I pulled her out of the crowd of me surrounding her, and she wasn’t pleased. We fought. She didn’t understand that she could get hurt my these men, that ‘only wanted to dance.’

She didn’t understand that she needed to learn from her mistakes and listen to me!

She ended up pulling away from and left the club out the back entrance.

The men that attacked her didn’t like that I wanted to protect her. They had two men hold me as they made me watch my sister get defiled, and afterwards, when I tried to fight back against them and give them what they deserved, one of the men took out a knife from his pocket and put it in my mouth.

“Why so serious?” He asked me. He pulled the knife against my flesh until I was smiling.

My sister never looked at me again.