Am I Really That Much of a ***-Up?

Chapter 1

I stared at my feet. How could this happen? What am I doing here?
Oh yeah, that's right, your best friend was hit by a car, dumb ass! The little voice in my head screamed at me, almost making my head hurt. I heard quiet sobs and looked around. I saw a guy about my age sitting in a chair, crying his eyes out. I envied him. He could cry, I couldn't. Even if my best friend had been rushed to the OR in a critical, life threatening condition, I couldn't cry. I stared back at my feet and sighed. I was hiding in the back of the waiting room, no one really noticed me. That's why I was so shocked when I heard someone coming closer.

"Hey, how are you?" a guy asked.

"Fine.." I said, picking slightly at my shoe. My beloved black and red customized Converse were getting old and worn out, threads were sticking out from everywhere on them.

"What are you here for?" the guy asked, sitting down two seats from me.

"Nothing special.. You?" No matter how much I wanted to be alone right now I don't have it in me to be rude.

"Some tests, that's all.." I heard him sigh. "It's taking forever though, I've been here for about an hour already.."

"Well, I've been here one and a half without a word, so.. I think they are all busy in the OR.." I mumbled.

"How do you know that? How do you know that they are not just taking a coffee break?"

"Well, I'm here because my best friend got hit by a car and they rushed her to the OR, since she was in a critical state and that's how I know.. I'll kill them if they're taking a coffee break.." I mumbled without knowing.

"Oh my god! That must be so.. So terrible!" the guy said and gave me a hug. Oh shit, I just said that out loud, didn't I? "By the way, I'm Mikey."

"I'm Tenshi." I said and smiled. Just then a doctor came walking towards us. I tensed, not being able to read his expression.

"Are you ms. McCreevy's friend?" he asked and I nodded. "I'm sorry to say that she will have to stay at the hospital for recovery for a while, and she's still in a critical state, but if she can make it through the few coming days I think she'll make it."

"Thank you so much!" I breathed, feeling a weight being lifted off my shoulders.

"Do you have anywhere you can stay? I'm sorry to say that you can not stay here.."

"No, not really.. Well, I guess I can stay at the apartment her and I share..."

It was obvious that neither Mikey nor the doctor liked that idea. What, I might be upset, but I can take care of myself!

"You don't have a friend you can stay with for the night? A boyfriend?" the doctor eyed Mikey and I rolled my eyes.

"No, I'll be going home, it's closer to work in the morning, okay? I'll be fine!" I said and started packing up my stuff. "Besides, it's not that far from here.." I took my bag, swung it over my shoulder and started walking out of the cleanliness that was the hospital.

"So, Mr. Way, are you ready to take your tests now?" I heard the doctor ask Mikey, but I could feel that both of them stared at me.

As I walked back home I started skipping. There was a good chance she was gonna make it!! Life couldn't be better right now! Well, okay, it could, but as it is now, life is great.

I unlocked the apartment, skipped inside and laid down on my bed, falling asleep in a matter of minutes. The day had seem to last forever.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ha ha, I got the idea for this fic while playing a game XD Well, two games actually :P