‹ Prequel: First You Fall

Excuse The Obscene

Pain

Zacky's P.O.V.

I hate getting blood on my carpet. It's unsightly and a bitch to get out. I usually make it a point to take any bloody acquaintances down to the basement to be taken care of to avoid getting the sticky, red mess on my office carpet. This thought didn't stop me from slamming my foot onto the face of the already bruised body sprawled on the floor of my office.

"Pick him up." I growled at Matt.

Matt walked over and yanked the bulky guy to his feet. The man had already suffered through a day of brutal beatings but still found the strength to smirk at me. One look at his smug face and my fist was making contact with his mouth. His head snapped back quickly before he composed himself again.

I sighed dramatically and leaned back on my desk, Matt keeping a strong hold on the bruised man.

"Drew, Drew, Drew. When are you going to give up?" I reached for a pair of knives that had been placed strategically on the desktop.

"After you've gone and fucked yourself." Drew smirked again, seemingly not caring that he was getting his ass beat.

This guy has a serious pair of balls and if it wasn't for the fact that I knew it would upset Toni, he'd be dead. I'd had Drew here for almost a day and a half and Toni still hasn't shown up yet. We'd gotten Drew's phone off of him only to find out that it was password protected and despite the pain we'd inflicted, he wasn't giving up the code.

"You're being really fucking ungrateful." I said to Drew as I approached, knife in hand. "You, of all people, should want us to call Toni to come and save your pathetic ass."

"What the fuck is it that you want?" The smirk slipped from Drew's face and was replaced with the same look of anger he had every time I mentioned Toni's name.

"What do I want? You to die a slow and painful death. But I'll settle for the five digit code to your phone." I smirked now, satisfied that he was starting to lose his cool.

Drew stayed silent and I just nodded my head.

"Okay Brian, have your fun." I turned my head and spoke to Brian who had been leaning against the door with a sadistic smile on his face.

Matt dropped Drew back onto the floor and gave him a few swift kicks. Brian had just made it over to us when the door to the office flew open.

"We've got company." Jimmy burst into the room with a huge grin on his face.

She was here. After two long ass years Toni was here.

"Where is she?" My voice came out low and rough.

"Standing in the foyer with Jason in handcuffs and a gun pointed at his head." Jimmy replied nonchalantly.

I heard Matt let out a low whistle at that piece of news. Jason Berry was one of my best men and one of the very little number of people that had access to my house. There was no fucking way that Toni had tracked him down and caught him by herself.

"And she's alone?" I asked and Jimmy just nodded his head.

"Why would she come here with no protection? She could have held him hostage anywhere else and made us meet her there." Matt asked.

"Either she trusts that we won't kill her or she thinks she can take us all out by herself." Jimmy shrugged.

"She probably will." Drew muttered from the floor.

The guy had a fucking mouth on him that would get him killed pretty soon.

I ignored Drew's comment and and walked towards the door.

"Tie him up." I said as I left the room and headed down the hallway.

I turned the corner and stopped dead in my tracks.

My memories hadn't done her justice. Her long, black hair flowed past her shoulders, full bangs framing her deceivingly angelic face. Olive skin that other girls would kill for. Her body was all curves and muscle that were easily accentuated by the wife-beater and jeans she wore.

My eyes locked onto her hazel ones and there was a glint there that I couldn't really identify. I looked her up and down once more before finally speaking.

"Welcome back."

"Before you can even reach your gun, I would have blown his brains all over your pretty marble floor." The sound of her voice, that I hadn't heard in two years, made her words seem unimportant.

"Don't even try it." Before I knew what was happening, she had pulled another gun from somewhere and had her arm stretched out to the side.

Her eyes were still locked on me but I realized she must have been talking to someone else. My eyes followed the direction her gun was pointing and Johnny stood there, hand in his pocket, reaching for his gun. I looked back at Toni and smirked.

"Is this really anyway to greet your old family?" I asked, walking slowly towards her.

"Zacky, if you come any closer I will kill him." Toni nudged Jason's head with her gun.

"Okay." I shrugged. "Just make sure you clean up the mess when you're done."

It might have been two years since I'd last seen her, but I still knew Toni. She wouldn't kill Berry; he'd been nothing but nice to her when she'd lived with me. If she wanted to actually kill anyone, she would have kidnapped some nameless, faceless guy that worked for me.

"Jesus." I heard Jason mutter under his breath. I might have known that she wouldn't kill him but he didn't.

"And don't forget. If you kill him I still have Drew to take care of."

Toni's jaw tightened and her eyes seemed to get darker with anger.

"But if that's a risk you're willing to take then go ahead and shoot him." I said, locking eyes with Toni.

"Where the fuck is Drew, Zacky? It's me you wanted and I'm here. Let him go."

"Let him go? But Drew and Matt are just getting to know each other." I smirked.

A millisecond later, a shot had been fired. My head snapped to the side to look at the shattered vase that Toni had just shot. When I looked back at Toni, she had turned and was now facing Johnny.

In the midst of the small commotion, Johnny had pulled his gun from his pocket and had it trained on Toni's head.

"You wanted to kill me right? Go ahead." Toni said, looking at Johnny and dropping both of her guns. "I dare you." She whispered, a small smile on her face.

"Johnny, put the fucking gun down." I growled, ready to pounce.

Johnny took one look at me and lowered his gun. After a moment I turned away from Johnny and looked at Toni.

"Take her to my room." I nodded towards Johnny. I made sure to glare at him before he walked towards Toni. My look said it all. If he so much as gave her a small bruise, he'd be suffering far worse.

I turned back to Jason who was still knelt on the ground. Johnny, who was now standing beside Toni, threw me the key he had pulled from her pocket. I took the handcuffs off of Berry and waited for him to stand up. Once he'd flexed his arms a little, I spoke.

"Clean that shit up." I nodded towards the glass on the floor.

"I liked that fucking vase." I muttered to myself as I walked back towards my office.

I walked in to find Drew tied back in the chair, Matt leaning in the corner watching him and Jimmy playing with my knives from earlier.

"Why don't you go home and bring Val back. I'm sure she'll want to see Toni." I said to Matt before turning to Jimmy.

"Watch this motherfucker."

I left the room with Matt close behind me. I made my way up the stairs as Matt made his way out the door. I stopped in front of my bedroom door where Johnny was perched against the wall.

"Don't you ever point a gun at her again." I said, lowly.

Johnny just gave a slight nod of his head and glared straight ahead.

"Is she armed?" I asked, my voice a lot smoother now.

"No but she was." Johnny said, pointing to a few knives and the guns in a small pile next to the door.

"Jesus fucking Christ. Should I be worried about anything else she might be hiding on her tiny body?"

"No but remember when she punches, she leads with her right. And watch out because she's got a serious kick." Johnny smirked, looking at me as if he already knew I was in for some pain.

I nodded again and took a deep breath. I bounced on my heels a few times before opening the bedroom door and walking in. I had just shut the door behind me when a foot made contact with my chest, slamming me back into the door. Before I could react, a small but powerful fist had slammed into the side of my face.

I grabbed Toni's right hand before she could swing again. She yanked her arm back and took a few graceful steps backwards. I advanced towards her only to have another kick aimed at me. This time I caught her foot and pushed it back. She stumbled lightly before standing gracefully again. I hadn't gotten the chance to even speak before Toni was trying to elbow me. I grabbed her arm and spun her around so that her back was against my chest. I moved us forward quickly until her face was only a few centimeters from the wall. Suddenly, I felt her foot make contact with my knee and I let out a small groan.

I spun her around again so that now her back was against the wall. I used my left hand to hold both of her fists above her head. My right hand, grabbed hold of her thigh and pulled her leg up so that it was against my side. I held onto her leg so that she stood on only one foot.

"Are you done trying to attack me?" I asked, leaning my face closer to hers.

"Not even close." She replied, baring her teeth at me.

"You know I love it when you bite." I replied, running my hand up and down her thigh.

Her body felt perfect, pressed up against mine. Her skin was soft and I could feel the tight muscles she had. Her breasts were pressed tightly against my chest and her face was turned up to stare at me. Her face was flushed with anger and her full, pink lips were pressed togther in an all together angry but sexy way. Not being able to contain myself, I leaned down to try and press my lips to hers. Before my face could get close enough I felt a strong pang in my side.

Toni had shoved her knee into my torso causing me to back-up slightly. She took this moment to free her hands from mine and I had to back up quickly to avoid the fist that was mere centimeters away from slamming into my face.

"Where the fuck is Drew?" Toni practically shouted, still trying to kick my ass.

"Jesus fucking Christ, is that what has you so worked up?!" I stopped all of Toni's attacks and finally just grabbed her arm.

I flung the door open and pulled Toni down the hall. She was still making small attempts to free herself from my grasp but I kept my hand tight enough on her arm to hold her but not tight enough to hurt her. I dragged her down the stairs behind me and down another hallway.

I threw the door my office open and pushed Toni inside in front of me.

"There! Now calm the fuck down!" I yelled.

Jimmy and Drew both turned to see what the hell was going on. Toni ran past me and knelt down in front of Drew who was still tied to the chair. She ran her hands over his bloody face and down his chest saying things under her breath that I couldn't hear.

Ever since we'd caught Drew, I just kept telling myself that he was just her partner. I convinced myself that nothing could possibly be going on between the two. Seeing her now, knelt in front of him and assessing his wounds with caring hands sent me into a pit of rage. I felt my entire body tense with the need to kill him. Before I could stop myself, I had pushed Toni out of the way and was slamming my fists repeatedly into Drew's face.

"Zacky." I could vaguely hear Toni scream but the rage had already started to deafen me to the outside world. All I wanted was to see Drew's blood run so that Toni would know that she only belonged with me.

I felt Jimmy's hands wrap around my arms but I instinctively fought him off.

"Zack, man, you're losing it." He said, trying still to pull me off of Drew.

At some point another pair of strong arms wrapped around mine and subconsciously I knew it had to be Brian. I felt myself being led from the room and I tried, in vain, to calm myself down. Once Brian and Jimmy had me out of the room, I shook my head twice to try and clear the angry haze. My breathing was heavy as I glared at the door in front of me. I gave into pure anger and slammed my fist into the wall. Turning on my heel, I strode down the hall and out of the house.
♠ ♠ ♠
I think my dry spell is over because I wrote two and a half fairly long chapters today. I'd post the next one today too but last time I updated twice in one day there was all sorts of confusion and people skipping over chapters so I'll update again sometime before the end of this week.

I liked this chapter but it's not about me so drop a line and let me know what you think.