Slow Motion

A Most Beautiful Ruby Red

I had raced like no other from that lot the night I shot my English teacher’s son. I say ‘the night’ as though it was such a long time ago. It was only last week but it seems like I did it an eternity ago. I was so terrified of the cops finding me that I haven’t even been home yet.

Actually, right now, I’m at my girlfriends house. Kylie - fuck, she’s cracking.

“Oli, you should really get going home, soon.” Kylie came over and cuddled herself into my lap.

I wrapped my tattooed arms around her and pulled her close. “What? You don’t like havin’ your man around?” I scoffed.

Kylie smiled, so cute. “I didn’t mean it like that! I love having you hear, really.”

“I know, I know, love.”

“Hey, are you going to tell me what all that was about last night?” Kylie looked concerned. I guess that she meant my strange phone call in the middle of the night last week about exploding flesh.

“Yea, um. That was, er, nothin’,” I struggled to think of an excuse so that I could stall telling Kylie about that night in the lot - not really information that is easily shared. “I was pretty off, you know.”

“Speaking of getting off!” Kylie practically jumped off of me and skipped her cute ass over to my bag, “want to do a line?”

“Aw, come off it, Kylie! You know what this stuff does to you,” I said as she pulled out a little packet of coke.

I stood up and took the packet from her and placed it on the end table. I dragged her body in close to mine, slipping my hands into the back of her pants. “Shhh,” I cooed, “maybe another time, eh, love?”

I had too much on my mind to even consider getting stoned tonight - as strange as that sounds.

She pulled my lip into her mouth; it tasted sweet and warm. I roughly kissed her back, moving my hands to the front of her pants.

“Oli,” Kylie quietly moaned.

I smiled quickly before pulling away from her captivating lips and lowering my head to her collarbone, viciously biting at her skin. I could feel little goose bumps pop up all over her baby soft skin before I lowered ourselves down to the floor.

By now Kylie had her hands up my shirt and was tugging at it. It lifted up my hands and allowed her to take it off. As soon as my shirt was off I lifted up Kylie’s. I dotted her midriff with little kisses. She put her hands around my face and pulled it back up so I was eye level with her. She plunged her face into mine. I swiftly unbuttoned her pants and slipped them off, exposing her long, clean legs.

Kylie smiled devilishly and lifted her hand to show me what was in it; the packet of coke.

“Oh, clear off, you still want that? Bloomin’ hell, woman,” I said, with a hint of a smile on my face. In fact, I sort of wanted a line of that shit a bit more than I earlier. “Well,” I sighed.

I sat up to the couch and poured a line of coke on the coffee table, Kylie over my shoulder like a dog who hadn’t been fed for weeks. “There you are woman,” I sat back and watched Kylie snort the line, wiped her top lip, and proceeded to pour herself a second. “Blimey, save some for me!”

I jumped down beside Kylie, giving her a playful shove, grabbed the baggie, and poured myself a line.

Hours later Kylie and I lay together on her couch, the empty packet of coke lay on the ground. My head buzzed in the afterglow of my high; one of my favourite feelings in the entire world.

Kylie moaned and opened her eyes. She looked at me for a couple of seconds before affixing a light kiss on my lips. Well, it was intended for my lips, I think. Kylie’d had so much more of that blow than me. She clearly wasn’t yet down from her high and in the afterglow trance I was.

“Oli,” she whined. Oh, god, it hurt my head. “I want more!”

“Love, there is no more, love.” My words slurred and sloshed around in my mouth, barely making it out. “Besides, that stuff is dear!”

She still got up and began to search around her house for some more coke. “Look at what I found!” Kylie danced triumphantly over to me with a large bottle. It was green; defiantly not crack.

“Are you daft or somethin’, woman?”

She took the lid off of the mystery bottle, ignoring my comment, and poured a bit of it on the coffee table. She took a quick snort of it and turned to me laughing.

I smiled back and snorted the rest of her line. I roughly pulled her into me, and kissed all over her face. I pulled back and we looked at each other for what seemed like an eternity.

“Cor,” Kylie let out a little gasp of surprise when a trickle of blood that came out of her nose. I looked at that little trickle with much consideration; never before had blood looked so beautiful to me.

My head instinctively crashed into her face, kissing it rigorously. I shoved my hand up the front of her shirt, moving around to the back and undid her bra. Kylie pulled away to say something, but I was too quick. Before she could say anything my lips were on her collarbone. Only a groan managed to getaway from her mouth.

Her lower lip trembled as my lips brushed against the delicate skin along her panty line. I warily pulled off her underwear and kissed her beautiful body.

I could think of no other red that was quite as brilliant of a colour than the glistening ruby red blood that continued to fall from her nose.
♠ ♠ ♠
Now the cops will get me
But girl, if you would let me
Ill take your pants off
I gotta a little bit of blow
We could both get off
Later bathing in the afterglow
Two lines of coke Id cut with draino
And her nose starts to bleed
A most beautiful ruby red