Slow Motion

Hollywood Glamourized

"Wha-at?" I looked around. The fluorescent glare from the lights stung my eyes, and a pain shot through my arm. "Fuck!" I cried out, and looked down at the source of my agony. My arm was wrapped up in a large, white bandage, an IV cord stuck into my hand.

"All right, mate?" I looked up, still squinting, to see Mattie walking towards me. "Sorry. Before you start yelling at me, gimme' a change to explain. I didn't want to bring you here, but, fuck, you had a bullet in your arm. What else was I supposed to do?"

I sighed at looked and pursed my lips; he did have a point. He couldn't have very well let me bleed to death on his floor. "Mattie."

"Yeah?"

"Help me get outta 'ere." I looked at him, my eyes droopy, being still forced open against the will of the left over anesthetic.

"Not bleeding likely!" Mattie just retorted, "you just got shot, mate! Take it easy. Don't worry - nothin' is going to 'appen."

"Alright," I didn't think that I would be able to get up anyways. My eyes felt like weights here attached to the lids, forcing them closed, even though my body didn't feel tired. "Arg," I moaned, "Mattie, I gotta piss."

"IV liquid is known to do that," he laughed,"hold up I'll get a nurse."

Mattie turned and left the room, but my eyes were already closed, and I fell asleep once more.

{--}

"Ouch! Kylie, hold off, love," I pried one of Kylie's arms off of my bandaged one. I could barely move it, let alone have someone cling off of it.

"Sorry, baby, I'm just so happy to see you again!" She pulled me into a scissor hug, her arm sliding under my wounded one. "That better?"

I put my head close to hers, and gave her lips a little kiss. "Now it is."

We both pulled our luggage bags behind us, out of my deserted house. I stood on the stoop of my door, and locked it up, saying a silent goodbye.

"Where are we going anyways?" Kylie asked me.

"You'll see," I wanted to keep it a secret.

"Mattie said that you were taking me on vacation," she stated, like she knew everything.

"Chinese whispers," I muttered, not wanting to get her hopes up. "You really want to know, love?"

"Yes!"

"Kylie, my dear," I slung my good arm around her, as we started down the steps towards my car, "we are getting away from this madness."
♠ ♠ ♠
THE END!
i finally finished it, so you better give me lots o love